outlook cant find file MSOE.DLL

when i try to open outlook an error msg comes up - cannot
locate file MSOE.DLL.  when i went to start, find,
folder/files and searched for it i found it.  how can i
fix the problem please help.

If you're using XP, it should be in the Documents and Settings\User Name\My
Documents\Outlook Express. This implies that it associates with the user
who's logged into the system. Are you logging in as User Name in the above
example? If not, that's why it can't find it. Further help is available in
MSOE.TXT in the same sub-directory.

Good Luck!

<dinky_devil@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> when i try to open outlook an error msg comes up - cannot
> locate file MSOE.DLL.  when i went to start, find,
> folder/files and searched for it i found it.  how can i
> fix the problem please help.

0
waltknight (11)
10/30/2003 7:39:32 PM
Ignore my prior email - except for searching for the MSOE.TXT file which
provides additional information.

I jumped the gun before letting the search complete.  It's also in C:\I386
and C:\Program Files\Outlook Express, and C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DLLCACHE.  In
fact, a search for MSOE.DLL turned up 15 files - though the rest are merely
references - mostly in INF files.  What's most bizarre is that I only opened
it once by mistake - and use Outlook 2000 most of the time.

<dinky_devil@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> when i try to open outlook an error msg comes up - cannot
> locate file MSOE.DLL.  when i went to start, find,
> folder/files and searched for it i found it.  how can i
> fix the problem please help.

0
waltknight (11)
10/30/2003 7:55:31 PM
yes i know where it is i can find it, but how do i make my
computer find it when im trying to open outlook?

0
anonymous (74722)
10/31/2003 5:51:47 PM
Make sure it's in C:\I386, C:\Program Files\Outlook Express.  If it isn't,
then copy it to both locations and reboot.  If that still doesn't work,
reinstall OE.

> yes i know where it is i can find it, but how do i make my
> computer find it when im trying to open outlook?

0
lorien (93)
10/31/2003 8:22:03 PM
Oh, and by the way, make sure you use the most recent version to replace the
"obsolete" ones in each location.  Chances are one is more recent than the
others.

"Lorien" <lorien@farcroft.com> wrote in message
> Make sure it's in C:\I386, C:\Program Files\Outlook Express.  If it isn't,
> then copy it to both locations and reboot.  If that still doesn't work,
> reinstall OE.
>
> <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > yes i know where it is i can find it, but how do i make my
> > computer find it when im trying to open outlook?

Using Relative path for XML data file?

How to repair a .dll file in IE8

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

Linking files 2 ways

File size #11

find action on log file

owa cant open ppt attachments

Maximum file sizes

Outlook Sales

Find and Replace Footnote Numbering
I often have documents where I need to put formatting before or after the footnote number for every footnote, often for hundreds of footnotes...anyone know how I can do this in one shot? I know I can specify ^f in find and replace, but only in the find portion...it gives an error if you put it in replace. ...

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails

using the journal on outlook

CSV Files and VLOOKUP error

how to find an item in a list control?