Outlook cannot find Exchange Server #2

For some reason, out of the blue, I am no longer able to
connect (via dialup) to our exchange server using outlook
2000. I Can check e-mail from another computer so I know
there is nothing wrong with the e-mail or the dialup
connection. I am running Windows 2k. Also, I cannot use
the  "Check Name" option.  Here is the error message that
I receive:
The name could not be resolved. the microsoft exchange
address book was unable to log on to the microsoft
exchange server computer. Contact your system
administrator if the problem persists.

Any ideas?
0
anonymous (74722)

When you are dialed in, can you ping the Exchange Server?

Start | Run | Enter   cmd.exe    | OK
Enter    PING yourservername     and hit Enter

Does it reply?

--
PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~
  -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP)

"ekreiner" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> For some reason, out of the blue, I am no longer able to
> connect (via dialup) to our exchange server using outlook
> 2000. I Can check e-mail from another computer so I know
> there is nothing wrong with the e-mail or the dialup
> connection. I am running Windows 2k. Also, I cannot use
> the  "Check Name" option.  Here is the error message that
> I receive:
> The name could not be resolved. the microsoft exchange
> address book was unable to log on to the microsoft
> exchange server computer. Contact your system
> administrator if the problem persists.
>
> Any ideas?

0
patrickareed (498)

formatting dates by year #2
I would like to know if there is a way to format dates so that they are formatted by year only. For example, if I click on Format -> Cells, there are a bunch of options, but none of them list to show the year only, just mm/dd/yy or mm/yy, etc. I am trying to create a chart so that only the year shows up. Also, I have tried doing Custom->and "yyyy" in type, but only 1 specific year shows up (i.e. 1905) for all the values. I would like to keep my values. Thanks much! ...

find action on log file

More Columns #2

CRM address book in Outlook

Voice connector on Exchange server 2007.

Find and Replace Footnote Numbering
I often have documents where I need to put formatting before or after the footnote number for every footnote, often for hundreds of footnotes...anyone know how I can do this in one shot? I know I can specify ^f in find and replace, but only in the find portion...it gives an error if you put it in replace. ...

Outlook Sales

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

Reporting from Project Server

Linking files 2 ways