Outlook cannot connect to Exchange Server

I'm having an issue with two PCs (both with Outlook 2003
and with both Windows XP SP2 RC1).  This issue has been
going on before XP SP2 RC1 and Outlook 2003 but I hoped by
upgrading to newer versions it would resolve my issue but
obviously no luck.  The issue I am having is that I cannot
access my Exchange server from the local intranet through
Outlook.  I can ping the server, I can get on via OWA but
I cannot get on through Outlook itself.  When I set up the
profile and go to validate / "CHECK NAME" I see no
activity lights over the LAN and it comes back 45 seconds
later with....

"Outlook could not log on.  Check to make sure you are
connected to the network and are using the proper server
and mailbox name.  The connection to the Microsoft
Exchange Server is unavailable.  Outlook mustbe online or
connected to complete this action."

I have no issues getting on to the server from outlook
from other workstations with my domain admin credentials
which leads me to believe something is screwed up with my
RPC service or something...?  Any help or assistance
anyone can provide it would be appreciated.

Jeremy
0
anonymous (74722)

Exact same issue. Two machines on an otherwise fine LAN. Outlook clients =

can't connect to server. Reinstalled outlook and office 2000. Outlook =
2000=20
and/or 2003 have the same problem. Reinstalled IE 6...same problem.

0
anonymous (74722)

Voice connector on Exchange server 2007.

Outlook Sales

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

Reporting from Project Server

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

Reading SQL Server Extended Properties

cannot open hyper links in outlook