Outlook Calendar views problem

Hey all... going to describe this to the best of my ability... but its one of those 'a picture would be worth a 1000 words' deals.

Outlook Calendar views.

We have a calendar shared among our entire company. In that Calendar we wish to create a timeline view availbale to anyone with permissions to view the calendar. We have created this view called 'timeline' and it appears that it is available to users of that folder. Sort of.

Its there, but in teh outlook calendar / shared calendar / views pane, the view will ONLY show up when the calendars are in a timeline state as opposed to the noraml day / month /year view where you can select multiple calendars at once. What I call the 'timeline state' is one where the calendar listings are without check boxes and only one calendar can be selected at a time. Then my timeline view shows up in teh views list for the applicable calendar.

Otherwise (in the state where you can select multiple calendars from the list) the view listing does not change from my personal calendar view set, even when my personal calendar is unselected and the the company calendar is the only other calendar selected.

Thats the history, here's the question: is there a way to force the 'timeline state' or, laternatively, force a way for a selected calendar to show it's views instead of a user's personal calendar when selected.

Hope that makes sense (I know its an obscure problem) Any info or ideas would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

John.

this is a public folder calendar?  if so, you can set the view on it - look
at its properties.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter:

newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.

"John Gunningham" <john.gunningham@suncorp.ca> wrote in message
> Hey all... going to describe this to the best of my ability... but its one
> of those 'a picture would be worth a 1000 words' deals.
>
> Outlook Calendar views.
>
> We have a calendar shared among our entire company. In that Calendar we
> wish to create a timeline view availbale to anyone with permissions to
> view the calendar. We have created this view called 'timeline' and it
> appears that it is available to users of that folder. Sort of.
>
> Its there, but in teh outlook calendar / shared calendar / views pane, the
> view will ONLY show up when the calendars are in a timeline state as
> opposed to the noraml day / month /year view where you can select multiple
> calendars at once. What I call the 'timeline state' is one where the
> calendar listings are without check boxes and only one calendar can be
> selected at a time. Then my timeline view shows up in teh views list for
> the applicable calendar.
>
> Otherwise (in the state where you can select multiple calendars from the
> list) the view listing does not change from my personal calendar view set,
> even when my personal calendar is unselected and the the company calendar
> is the only other calendar selected.
>
> Thats the history, here's the question: is there a way to force the
> 'timeline state' or, laternatively, force a way for a selected calendar to
> show it's views instead of a user's personal calendar when selected.
>
> Hope that makes sense (I know its an obscure problem) Any info or ideas
> would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
>
> John.

0
outlookmvp (5838)