outlook calendar and contact sync

My home pc has outlook 2003. It has a default email
account (A) and an IMAP email account (B) connect to my
company's exchange server.

1. For IMAP account (B), Calendar and Contact folders are
appeared as normal email folder. Each item appears as a
normal email. This is unusable. For example, for calendar,
only showing past events, for contact, I can't see
detailed info. How can I change them to Calendar/Contact
view?

2. How can I set up a sync of Calendar/contact between
email account (A) and (B)?

Thanks very much.
0
anonymous (74722)

chitrader <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> 1. For IMAP account (B), Calendar and Contact folders are
> appeared as normal email folder. Each item appears as a
> normal email. This is unusable. For example, for calendar,
> only showing past events, for contact, I can't see
> detailed info. How can I change them to Calendar/Contact
> view?

IMAP is strictly for mail messages.  All items on the Exchange server, be
they Calendar entries, Notes, Contact entries, or whatever, are actually all
exactly the same, except for an internal flag that instructs Outlook how to
present them.  (Naturally, each will contain different information in
different fields, as certain presentation styles don't pay any attention to
fields that don't make sense for the type of entry.).  I know this because I
had a corrupted PST that removed the "Contacts folder" attribute from the
Contacts folder so that Outlook believed it to be a message folder and all
my contacts simply appeared to be mail messages.  I was quite grateful for
my PocketPC that day.

IMAP knows mail folders and will present all folders on the IMAP server (be
it Echange or some other back end) as message folders.  It can't do anything
else.  There is no concept of "View" in IMAP.  In fact, if you try to create
any type of folder other than "Mail and Post Items", you'll get an error
stating that only message folders can be created.

> 2. How can I set up a sync of Calendar/contact between
> email account (A) and (B)?

For any mail profile, there is exacly one active Inbox, Calendar, Contacts,
etc. folder.  That is where you keep that information for all accounts
together.  If you wish to have separate Contacts and Calendars, then you'll
need separate profiles for each account and, in the IMAP account, create
another PST containing those items.
--
Brian Tillman
Smiths Aerospace

Tillman (1436)

Merging Duplicate Contacts

Stationaries in Outlook
Does anyone know how to create templates in Outlook??? Like a newsticker you want to fill with different information every week. Thanks!!! (this used to be very simple in Lotus Notes..) Hi, It seems that there are many ways to create templates in Outlook. The simplest one, in my view : 1. Create a message, in any format you like (plain text, RTF, HTML), add all elements you like 2. Save it as an OFT file 3. Go in the file explorer, drag the file and drop it on your Outlook bar 4. Every time you click on this shortcut in the Outlook bar, it creates an instance of the template. Frederic &q...

Outlook 2003 News

Removing multiple users from Outlook

Outlook plug in install
I currently have SQL Server installed on my local pc for some other task. In the install of Outlook plugin for CRM it wants to install MSDE is this going to conflict with my SQL 2000 instance? Joe Thomas wrote: > I currently have SQL Server installed on my local pc for > some other task. In the install of Outlook plugin for CRM > it wants to install MSDE is this going to conflict with > my SQL 2000 instance? Yes it will conflict. Microsoft will not support sales for Outlook if you do this and they strongly recommend not to install sales for Outlook if you already have SQL ins...

Outlook 2003 Doesn't Remember passwords #2
SP2 is installed. However everytime i do send/receive it asks me for passwords to my accounts. I keep checking the 'remember password' box but that doesn help. I tried detect/repair, reinstall from scratch, same problem. Any idea on how to fix this.? thanks ...

Outlook Send/Receive mail SLOW

Attachments in Outlook 98
Hi there, my Organisation are using Exchange 5.5 SP4 and the client is Outlook 98. A mail is sent from an external source into our Organisation to 10 people. The mail has an XLS attached. For some reason 9 of the recipients get the attachment but the last one has no attachment and no reference to it in the mail she receives. I've checked all the Outlook settings I can think of, but am puzzled as to why this happens - checking the imc data from our Exchange I see that the correct RFC headers are present and that the user has the same reference as all the others in the header. Anyone any ide...

Outlook 2003 #79

Outlook Hangs Reading Messages

Help Required

2011 Calendar templates
what's up with the calendar templates? why can't i find a 2011 calendar in Word 2007 templates or online. i would like both a 12 month calendar 1 month per page and the 6 months per page Can anyone help me? Thresa See http://www.spreadsheetguys.com/downloads/templates/calendar or http://download.cnet.com/Excel-Calendar-Template/3000-2077_4-10346449.html -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com &quo...

OWA Calendar Views
I am hosting an Exchange 2003 SP1 server with many users connecting via OWA. Many of the users (including my boss) are not fond of the 7 day view and much prefer the 5 day "Work Week" view within Outlook. Are there any modules that I can load to implement this "Work Week" view within OWA? I am aware of the control click method in the OWA calendar but my boss does not like that solution. Thanks in advance, Nick ...

outlook 2k2 problem

Error in Outlook Today

Replying to an Outlook e-mail

Multiple Simultaneous Outlook Sessions