Outlook blocking attachments

I am running Outlook 2000 and when I recieve an email with
a .bat or .exe extension it blocks the attachment.  How is
that turned off so the attachments can be delivered?

Thanks,
Dan
0
anonymous (74722)

Dan wrote:
> I am running Outlook 2000 and when I recieve an email with
> a .bat or .exe extension it blocks the attachment.  How is
> that turned off so the attachments can be delivered?
>
> Thanks,
> Dan

try here:
http://www.slovaktech.com/attachmentoptions.htm

0
me9 (928)

Netscape address book to Outlook 2003 #2
Does anyone know how to successfully transfer the address book from Netscape 7.2 to Outlook 2003? I have a lot of end users that are using Netscape and are being forced into switching over to Outlook. Any help would be great fully appreciated. Dan (Still going in circles) Dan (Still going in circles) "skip" <wi1202@dropthistoemailmecitlink.net> wrote in message news:357n335ko0ldp4an3n68ea6t17pfn2i463@4ax.com... > Does anyone know how to successfully transfer the address book from > Netscape 7.2 to Outlook 2003? I have a lot of end users that are using > Netscape an...

Outlook 2007 crashes every time when connecting to Exchange
I've been using Outlook2007 in XP for some time without problems. Last week, when syncing with our Exchange server, I received the message that the space on the server for junkmail lists was full. Outlook crashes consistently immediately every time I connect to the server since then. Same thing happened on a completely different computer which is installed completely differently, so I believe the problem is with my account on the server. Web access to the account works without problems. I can work offline without problems. I disabled all Add-Ins just to be sure, but that made no di...

Configuring Outlook 2007
Hi, I was trying to configure Outlook 2007 to access my mails. I am facing this problem continuosly- If I try to access my hotmail account, it always goes into Offline mode, though I am able to access it through Windows Live. Once or twice, I have been able to download few mails, but never more than than that. The OS is Vista. Thanks ________________________________________ " If you think you can, and if you think you can't, then you are right"- Henry ford Are you using the Outlook Connector? if not, you need it - http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?Fa...

outlook 2007 no problem receiving email but problem sending
I have no problem sending and receiving emails when connected at work but from home, I can receive new messages but there is a problem sending. I get the message Sending reported error 0x80042109. Outlook cannot connect to your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server. If you continue receiving this message contact your server administrator or ISP. Any ideas please. Thanks, Charlie Have you verified with your corporate mail admin already that the settings have been correct for usage outside of the company network and if this is indeed fully supported by your corporation? If so,...

Outlook 2003 Outlook Today Problem
I installed Office 2003 Standard over top of Office 2000 Professional. I'm running Windows XP Home Edition, Outlook 2003 will not let me permanently customize Outlook Today. When I click on customize it presents the menus but is unable to find the graphics such as Winter, Summer, etc. It lets me select summer for instance and when I save the changes I get the summer scheme. But, when I exit Outlook and return my saved preferences are gone. There also appears to be graphic place holders on the Outlook Today screen, no 'x's just blank little squares. In the black date bar o...

Can I delete OE and just use Microsoft Outlook 2002
I would like to delete Outlook Express is this advisable? I am going to be using Microsoft Outlook 2002 which I recieved w/Toshiba PDA and already have it set up on the same PC as OE. Can I use Microsoft Outlook for multiple e- mail accounts? Differences Between Outlook and Outlook Express http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q257824 With Outlook, you can integrate and manage e-mail from multiple e-mail accounts, personal and group calendars, contacts, and tasks. "Delia Marlowe" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:780901c4025...

How can I use my calendar and other features wo using Outlook emai
I have Windows7 OS. I upgraded to MSO 2007. I cannot access the calendar, etc. without setting up an email profile which my ISP will not allow using the email address. How can I use my calendar and other features without using Outlook email? I could use the calendar on previous versions without setting up an email account. Why can't you use Outlook w/o a mail profile? What happens when you try? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft....

BlackBerry/Outlook Calendar
Hello: I have some basic questions about BB and Outlook Calendar synching. Does it reliably synch the Calendar? If you accept a meeting in Outlook, does it synch to the BB? If you accept a meeting from the BB, does it synch to Outlook? I checked some BB forums and it appears that this feature is not very reliable. Please let me know if this is a feature that works well enough to actually use. Thank you in advance. Blackberry 7230 wireless handheld platform 1.6.0.49 BB client software is version 3.6.0.43 BB server is BES version 3.6.2.14 Outlook 2003 with all updates running on XP SP1 -- ...

Outlook Find a Phrase
I'm searching my archive for an email with a particular phrase but getting emails that have not got the exact phrase being found. Outlook searches any word in any sequence and not even whole words. Is there a way to only look for whole word at fit the phrase I've typed in the "look for" field. i.e. "the quick brown fox" -- Regards ...

Exchange 2003 SBS Attachment filtering in admin
Folks: I have set up SBS 2003 / Exchange on our server some time ago. I have been trying to find the location to add an additional attachment to the exclude list on incoming mail. (Attachment filtering). I have looked for some time and cannot find the UI to do this in the system manager. Could someone point this location out to me? Thanks d "D S" <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:uPeCkbUrGHA.4992@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Folks: > > I have set up SBS 2003 / Exchange on our server some time ago. I have > been trying to find the location to a...

outlook sending problems
Hi, I am having problems in sending out emails using outlook 2002. From time to time, outlook reports that the mail was failed to be sent with an error code "0x80040109", and the email stays at the Outbox. However, the email receipient will still RECEIVE the email sometimes. This is really annoying as I keep resending emails when the error occurs, which creates a flooding to the receipient. I did remove all the add-in according to the only suggestion I could find through google. The problem still exists. I switched to Outlook 2003, no luck, though I don't see the error...

Outlook extremely slow #3
Outlook had been working fine until I installed Norton Antivirus. It now takes several minutes to load. Could this be the problem? Is there any way to fix this? ...

How to import Eudora files into Outlook
I've searched the forum, and everyone seems to have already been able to bring their old Eudora files into Outlook. I am now trying to do this but cannot figure out how. I'm not even sure exactly where to find my Eudora files, much less get them over to Outlook 2007. Can someone help me here. My hard drive crashed last Friday and I have rebuilt a new one except for my email program. I have been using Thunderbird temporarily, but I really don't like it. My Eudora files are saved to a hard drive and Thunderbird imported them with no problem. But I can't for the life of me figur...

Outlook 2003 from SBS2003
Hi, After we upgraded our server to SBS2003 over the weekend and as a part of this rollout all our client machines running XP and Office XP were upgraded to the Outlook 2003 client. Since this has occured no one can use word 2002 (Office XP) as the default Message editor. It appears that Outlook 2003 has changed the default setting for saying Microsoft Word edit to now say Office Word 2003 which by the way is greyed out. Probably due to the fact that none of the clients have office 2003 installed on them on the new Outlook 2003 that occured during this upgrade. Any idea's wo...

Calendar dates in all users outlook
G'Day All, I am running E2K and all users are running Outlook XP on their desktops. Without visiting all users computers how can I update all users' Outlook Calendar to show the days/dates the office will be closed? Thanks I have the same problem. The only workaround I could find was to send out an email meeting invitation to everyone and instruct them to click accept (which they eagerly do if it's a holiday). If you find a better way let me know! Chris ...

Strange outlook receiving email problem
New to this forum, hopefully you guys can help. One of my customers was having a weird issue... the whole building is on a network/domain. Everyone is set up to use outlook/ pop3. Nobody is having problems except two employees. For some reason they can't receive emails from each other. Using web mail everything works fine. Creating emails from the web mail the email is sent and received in outlook. But sending emails from outlook do not make it to the other persons outlook. Now the weird part is that these two people communicate just fine with everyone else. They can send and receive emai...

Message Filtering on MS Outlook 2000
Hi I'm Leo I have a problen on my MS Outlook Message Filtering, this is the scenario. User A sends a message to User B (inside my organisation) and User C (outside) then the message goes to User B Inbox, then User C replies to User B and the message goes to Junk Folder. This is not usually heppening when User C sends Email on User B, normally it goes to User B inbox. We have a Rule that filters the Email Address of the sender so I think that the MS Outlook filters the message thats why it goes to Junk Folder. My question is how did MS Outlook filters messages even if we do not have Rul...

HTML is being converted to text in outlook messages
I have a mixed environment of Exchange 2k3 SP2, and Exchange 5.5 SP4. Currently, the Ex5.5 server is acting as the bridgehead, so all inbound/outbound mail passes through the IMC on that box. My problem is with HTML content within emails. I recieve the messages ok (they are displayed as HTML), but when I forward them, the email loses the HTML content, and displays it in plain text. I have checked the "HTML" box setting in the IMC on the Ex5.5 bridghead server. Is there anywhere else that this needs to be enabled? Any help is appreciated. On Thu, 9 Mar 2006 09:20:31 -080...

Make outlook 2003 start in favorites
I am trying to get my outlook 2003 to startup the left pane in th Favorites tab, instead of the Mail tab. It is annoying for me to hav to switch tabs every time i start it up, as I prefer to be in m favorites. How can this be done ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

MSN email acc in Outlook 2003
Hi. I'm a Hotmail Plus user but it seemed that I can't use the Outlook 2003 to retrieve my emails. The error: Task 'MSN: Folder: Inbox Synchroning headers.' reported error (0x800CCF4): 'An unknown error has occured. Please save any existing work and restart the program.' This error occurs only with MSN email account. The error still occurs even though I removed and added the account again. I even restart Outlook and it still the same thing. I tried adding my msn email account at work using Outlook 2003. It works there but apparently, not at home. I tried on...

Sales For Outlook 12-22-04
While reading in the MS-CRM book (installation and configuration), I understand some ideas I just want to be sure that I understand correctly: 1-When a user install sales for outlook client, a personal web server (PWS) is automatically installed, this PWS is used only when the user is offline for rendering the web pages. When the user is online (and using sales for outlook) the web server of the CRM server render the web pages not the PWS, is that true? 2-A copy of the aspx pages is moved to the client machine, when this copy happen?, it is happen each time the client disconnect from the...

How can be detected if an Outlook profile is corrupted ?
Hi, I would like to verify in a program if an Outlook profile is valid or not ( is not corrupted ). Is there a method to do this ? Thanks Valid or corrupted are different things. Valid; account exists Corrupted; errors in mail profile Valid; Test Account button in Account Setup Corrupted; not possible as it can be many many things, you'll know when working with it -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "kistvan" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in mess...

Office Outlook
Hi, my office outlook is not working properly, error message : "the procedure entry point GETiums could not be located in the dynamic link library MSDART.DLL " . what should I do?? pls advise. Thanks. Download and install the latest version of MDAC from Microsoft. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "david" <david@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2C814B57-C82D-4066-8586-7CFDA8750D55@microsoft.com... > Hi...

Can't save new contacts in Outlook 2007
When I try to save new contacts in Outlook 2007, I get an error message: "Could not complete the operation. One or more parameter values are not valid." It's been suggested that I clear the forms cache but cannot find how to do that in 2007 (recommended link was for 2003 version). Can anyone help with that or is there another possible solution? P.S. I am working off line in Outlook, if that matters. Also, I can revise and save revisions to existing contacts with no problem. HJ Why are you starting a new thread? Suggest following the recommendations in ...

Outlook cannot 'send' email????????
Hi Suddenly (it was working a few days ago) my Outlook 2003 on windows XP cannot 'send' email. It gets a permissions error. I have no problem downloading email, I can even add new contacts and appointments to the Outlook servers but emails will not go. I do not have this problem in Outlook 2001 for Mac or on another Windows XP box with Outlook 2003 and as I said it was working fine on this machine until a few days ago. Does anyone have any ideas????? Robin What is the exact error? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ...