Outlook blocked access to the following potentially unsafe attachments #2

We have just upgraded to Office 2003 and a lot of
attachments do not get sent.  We receive this error
message instead.  This particular attachment is a url.
Any advice,
Thanks,
Jackie
0
anonymous (74722)

You may find this page useful: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup.htm

--
Aloha,

-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr, Outlook-MVP
http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr

Please post questions and replies here in the newsgroup.  Mahalo!
"jackie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We have just upgraded to Office 2003 and a lot of
> attachments do not get sent.  We receive this error
> message instead.  This particular attachment is a url.
> Any advice,
> Thanks,
> Jackie

0
mvp1 (459)
11/14/2003 7:44:07 PM
In 2002 Outlook handles certain attachments in a simlar
fashion. Outlook considers certain type of attachments as
security risk so that they can not be opened. I am
guessing that 2003 might have taken this further and is
doing the same thing when sending an attachemnt. What i do
is instead of sending files as attachment's i insert as a
file instead. This also helps the person on the other end
if they are using Outlook which blocks certain
attachemtns.

Quote from slipstick.com

Outlook 2003, Outlook 2002 and Outlook 2000 SP3 (but not Outlook 98 or
earlier Outlook 2000 versions) allow the user to use a registry key to open
up access to blocked attachments. (Always make a backup before editing the
registry.) To use this key:
  1.. Run Regedit, and go to this key:

  HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\10.0\Outlook\Security (change
10.0 to 9.0 for Outlook 2000 SP3 or to 11.0 for Outlook 2003`fs)

  2.. Under that key, add a new string value named Level1Remove.

  3.. For the value for Level1Remove, enter a semicolon-delimited list of
file extensions. For example, entering this:

  mdb;url

  would unblock Microsoft Access files and Internet shortcuts.

If you are using this registry entry, a glance at Help | About Microsoft
Outlook will show Security Mode: User Controlled above the license
information.

If you prefer not to edit the registry directly, you can use one of the
various tools available

0
junkman (15)