Outlook attachments #39

Suddenly I cannot open some attachments in Outlook 2000.   Specifically .jpg
files.  It says "C:\ Document & settings\..........\ Temp Internet
files\OLKA9\ 008.jpg  does not have a program associated with it for this
action.    Where on earth is the OLKA9 directory?  A search does not show it
at all, even allowing it to search Hidden files.  I am running WinXP Pro.

Any help much appreciated.

Geoff

It's a temporary folder. Try right clicking on the attachment and save to a
real folder that you can find. Then open it. Is your picture editor working
OK? Maybe your jpg have been hijacked by some other program. Right click on
jpg file and pick Open with to browse to your program.

"Geoff" wrote:

> Suddenly I cannot open some attachments in Outlook 2000.   Specifically .jpg
> files.  It says "C:\ Document & settings\..........\ Temp Internet
> files\OLKA9\ 008.jpg  does not have a program associated with it for this
> action.    Where on earth is the OLKA9 directory?  A search does not show it
> at all, even allowing it to search Hidden files.  I am running WinXP Pro.
>
> Any help much appreciated.
>
> Geoff

0
Mary1 (682)
8/28/2006 8:37:03 PM
Many thanks for the help.  Yes something had hi-jacked it!  All is OK now.

Geoff

"Geoff" <someone@somewhere.sometime> wrote in message
> Suddenly I cannot open some attachments in Outlook 2000.   Specifically
..jpg
> files.  It says "C:\ Document & settings\..........\ Temp Internet
> files\OLKA9\ 008.jpg  does not have a program associated with it for this
> action.    Where on earth is the OLKA9 directory?  A search does not show
it
> at all, even allowing it to search Hidden files.  I am running WinXP Pro.
>
> Any help much appreciated.
>
> Geoff

Glad to hear that.

"Geoff" wrote:

> Many thanks for the help.  Yes something had hi-jacked it!  All is OK now.
>
> Geoff
>
> "Geoff" <someone@somewhere.sometime> wrote in message
> > Suddenly I cannot open some attachments in Outlook 2000.   Specifically
> ..jpg
> > files.  It says "C:\ Document & settings\..........\ Temp Internet
> > files\OLKA9\ 008.jpg  does not have a program associated with it for this
> > action.    Where on earth is the OLKA9 directory?  A search does not show
> it
> > at all, even allowing it to search Hidden files.  I am running WinXP Pro.
> >
> > Any help much appreciated.
> >
> > Geoff

0
Mary1 (682)

Registration doesn't work
Just installed Office 2004. After filling out much information, it asks for the Product I.D. number. With the "About box" in Excel 2004 open, I very carefully copied the Product I.D number to the form (and had a second person verify). I keep getting the error message "invalid Product I.D." I've cleared the box and re-entered (again having a second party verify) with the same results. This is a legitimate copy that I purchased via mail order. In article <be362d5d.0405190410.1a215db@posting.google.com>, crabuback@aol.com (Craig Buback) wrote: > Just insta...

Controlling Access to Contact's History
Is there a way to set a security role up so a user can't delete items from a Contact's History? The user would still need rights to read/ write to the contact record. Go to Settings-->business unit settings-->security roles Choose a role to edit (other than system administrator, you can't change that one). Select the Core Records tab. History, in terms of tasks and appointments, is controlled by the Activity row. History, in terms of notes, is controlled by the Note row. You can set the read and write "pies" seperately from the Delete "pie". Clear th...

How do you set up a submit button to attach worksheet in email?
I am doing a form and I want to have a submit or send link on the bottom of the page. I know how to make hyperlinks but I dont know how to get it where when the user hits the send button it automatically saves that info and sends that form to the intended email address. Basically so you dont have to attach it yourself through email. Is there a way to do this? Have a look here for code to send mail http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm#Tips -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on a...

Jon Peltier
Jon, How would you do this with a Pivot Table? I'm not a Pivot Table novice and I just can't envision how this one would be done. Thanks, Barb Hi Barb - I didn't see this question at first, but I responded in the original thread. I didn't try to replicate the OP's one column setup from his first post, because it didn't match the more logical arrangement in his post in the other forum. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Barb Reinhardt wrote: > Jon, > ...

Synchronise Outlook 2003

excel file can't be opened #2

MBF file won't open...am I hosed???
In my previous computer I had a flaky hard drive. While it still worked I backed up all my important files to CD's and DVD's. Since I dutifully backed up my MNY file (to two locations) each time I used my Money 2001 I didn't think to copy my MNY file I merely copied the MBF files from those locations. Once, I had to use that an MBF file as my MNY file was corrupt and it worked flawlessly. I saw no reason why it shouldn't do so again. Plus I was in panic mode to get all the data possible from the dying HD. Now that I have a new computer I installed my copy of MM 2001 and wh...

new email notification doesn't work?
In Outlook 2003, I have the option set for the semi-transparent notification window to pop up when I get new email, but it never does. Is there something I'm not doing right? Does it only come up in certain situations? Btw, I'm using the regular Inbox with a POP3 account. -- John Salerno Do you have rules moving your email to folders after receipt? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searchi...

Can't auto-complete e-mail addresses
Dear All, I just imported about 2000 contacts in my Outlook 2000 Address Book. Able to see them in the address book and create groups etc. But when i compose a new message and i try to enter some e-mail addresses in TO and then why do outlook do not give me suggestion to auto-complete them? I tried most of the settings. It wont work. What may be the problem? -Sameer Outlook 2000 has no such feature. Autocompletion didn't start until Outlook 2002. Versions of Outlook earlier than Outlook 2002 have a feature called auto-resolution. If you enter part of a name or a nickname then tab out o...

font won't take
I've been experiencing a strange effect when I Control A to select a whole worksheet, go to Format > Cells, Font, and and unable to get the font to change (in my case, from Arial to Times). Anyone have an idea what's going on? ...

Can't restor backup file, "Please insert the next backup disk.....
I have money 2005 backup file (.mbf) and my original file has gotten corrupted somehow and can't repair it (computer hung and had to be restarted). Whenever I try to restor the backup file, I get the following message, Window Title: Money Multiple Disk Backup Message: Please insert the next backup disk. (The disk containing file "".) I was backing up on a different connected single harddrive and there is only one file. The file is not in multiple pieces and on different drives. When I click OK, it doesn't do anything and cancel just stops the process. I even down...

How to do 'OR' and 'ELSE' logic in Workflow
Hi I am using MS CRM 3.0. I want to set up 'OR' logic in my workflow rules, e.i. if x OR y do something. I can't see a way of doing this, does anyone know if it is possible or do you have to create two if's with the same action? Also, can you have a number of if... else if.... statements followed by a final catch all else statement? Thanks ELSE you can do by putting in an ELSE IF and leaving out any condition OR on the other hand requires some more work. No that it is documented but the if conditions would appear to be AND. The only way I have come up with to creat...

Sharing Outlook #2

Outlook user profiles

Sending URL in Outlook XP

Outlook Signatures #4

Outlook 2003 cuts off lines

Importing Outlook 2003 to Win 98 Outlook

can't add transfers to my budget
I have 3 accounts and I want to have 2 budget plans I want to have one "main" budget that has all my expenses, then another budget for my girlfriend and I's joint expenses. We have a joint account. I wanted to add the transfer from my checking into our joint account in my "main" budget. I have a group named "Transfers out of budget accounts" but I can't add anything to it or edit it. How can I accomplish this? I say one post here: http://umpmfaq.info/faq.txt that sounded hopeful, but when I tried to follow the instructions, nothing happened. Is t...

Outlook 2003: export accounts settings

Outlook 2002 cannot see address book