outlook attachments #24

when i goto add an attachement, it no longer goes in the
little bar at the bottom. it just goes whereever it wants
on the screen. how can I fix this?

Dan
0
anonymous (74722)

Word 2007 can't open Word 2003 attachments
A friend with Word 2007 can't open my Word 2003 attachments--neither .doc nor ..rtf Even after saving to the hard drive before trying to open them? On Mar 26, 9:08=A0am, folchal <folc...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > A friend with Word 2007 can't open my Word 2003 attachments--neither .doc= nor > .rtf Peter--I'll suggest this, but most people can open attachments directly. Does new Word have a glitch about .doc docs? "Peter T. Daniels" wrote: > Even after saving to the hard drive before trying to open them? > > On Mar 2...

outlook forward issue
Have an odd situation with PCs running outlook 2003. We have an exchange 2000 server. Whenever someone receives an email from the internet, and forwards it on to an internal user that does not have an internet email address, they get an undeliverable message from the ISP mail server. This only happens to the people using outlook 2003, people that have outlook 2002 have no issues. Any ideas as to why the Outlook 2003 is trying to send to internal users through the ISP instead of keeping it on the Exchange. When they send new emails or forward internal messages it sends fine. It only happe...

How to stop outlook to be my default mail client
Hi. Would you please help me? I use other program to manage my e-mails. How to stop outlook to be my default mail client. I click accidentally on the button to tell outlook to be my default mail client. Zdzislaw -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/excel-new/200512/1 This is not an Excel problem but: Start Internet Explorer Use menu item Tools|Internet Options and open the Programs tab Set email client to whatever you need happy new year -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Zdzislaw via OfficeKB.com" <...

remote access to Outlook Express
I recently re-reouted my Adelphia e-mail account through Outlook Express. I have tried and tried to find information about how to access my account from another computer. PLEASE help me answer this question. Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups. You can also find some good Outlook Express information here: http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to ...

Public Folder permissions #24
I have some public folders that recieve e-mail from some clients. Our help desk then work these mail items. After they work the issue they move the mail message to a completed folder that is a sub folder. They also have send as rights on the folder to send reply's to the sender as the helpdesk. However the helpdesk users have gotten forgetfull and have recently started to acceditly deleted the folders instead of deleting mail messages. I need to remove the users ability to delete the folders, but still let them have the ability to move messages and delete messages. But not delete th...

Synchronizing CRM individuals with Outlook
Does anyone know if the company for an individual in CRM 3.0 will synchronize over to the Outlook contact? This apparently doesn't seem to happen. If it is possible then how can I set it to copy over the company from CRM individuals into the corresponding Outlook contact? Thank you, Jeff Hi Jeff, if you have a personal contact in Outlook and a CRM contact synchronized to Outlook from CRM, then the two records will not merge together. In CRM 4.0 it's a standard feature that the CRM-sync'd Outlook contact includes the CRM account name in the Outlook contact's company...

Fatal error situation in Excel when trying to closing files which is an email attachment
After upgrading to Outlook and Excel 2002 SP2, I have many times experienced a fatal error situation in Excel when trying to close a file which is an email attachment . Except from this recurring fatal error situations, Excel works just fine. (Just wondered if this is related to using the Filter option?)) Thanks for any suggestions! Frank Krogh "Frank Krogh" <frank.krogh@sintef.no> wrote in news:1076421609.816059@halvan.trd.sintef.no: > After upgrading to Outlook and Excel 2002 SP2, I have many times > experienced a fatal error situation in Excel when trying to c...

Outlook not sending Hotmail
Using OL-2002 on XP-Pro Dell. Everything was fine till about 2 wks ag outlook stopped sending messages via my hotmail acct. no erro messages appear, i get "send/rcv" complete, and outgoing msg appears i my "Sent" folder, both on outlook and if i view via web interface. Sending via web interface works fine. Tried deleting outlook acct an reinstalling office, but did not work. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelF...

Can you display thumbnails of attached images ?
I would like to be able to display thumbnails of attached images, instead of simply seeing their icons. Essentially, that would mean that the attachment has been opened. The Office Outlook has been developed with businesses in mind, and attachments cannot be opened automatically. "Tristan Beard" <Tristan Beard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DBFD133C-22D4-4B6D-A65D-3F32C74EC6E4@microsoft.com... >I would like to be able to display thumbnails of attached images, instead >of > simply seeing their icons. ...

outlook 2003 smtp relay question
I have 2 mail accounts setup in outlook under 1 profile. I have a pop account and I have a exchange account. I can receive emails from both accounts with no problem. Now here is my question, when i reply to an email that was received from the pop account. I want to send it via my exchange and never through my pop account. Now when i click reply my mail message i receive, it tells me it will send it using my pop account and not exchange. How can i change it so it gets forced to go through my exchange server. Also in my pop account info, i have setup the smtp to my exchange server ...

Idea for add-on to Outlook
I think it would be great to have an option where Money will put your upcoming bills and deposits into your outlook calendar. Make sure you send it to the Money wish list. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback especially if it's a UK specific wish. I do not respond to any unsolicited email regarding Money "Tony" <a...

outlook 2003 and windows 2003 professional issue
I have a weird issue, I'm trying to setup rpc over https on a remote box. I can get every other pc to work, only difference is? remote box is win2000, all others are xp. what happens, is that when you go into edit email account settings, under connections tab, there is NO "exchange over internet" option or button any where ??? AL Windows 2000 does not support RPC over HTTPS. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furiou...

Hide Global Address Book without killing Outlook
Hi- We have email abusers and the administration decided that instead of limiting the number of recipients they want to hide the GAL. Every time we try to set this up, however, we cant set up outlook b/c the client can't find the user in the GAL. How do we hide the GAL for email purposes but allow the client to be set up? Thanks in advance, Eliot In news:1127226139.344195.78510@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com, ebank <eliotbank@gmail.com> typed: > Hi- > We have email abusers and the administration decided that instead of > limiting the number of recipients they want to hide...

Outlook 2003 will not use Word 2003 as email editor
I have a user that cannot use Word 2003 as her email editor. When she is in Outlook and tries to create a new message she gets an error message that says Outlook cannot use Word as the email editor as it is not the same version as Outlook. Both Outlook and Word are version 2003 installed at once from an Office 2003 Volume lincese CD on a brand new computer. Other users are not experiencing this problem. Any suggestions? I have tried Detect and Repair and have opened Word and use send to just fine but she just can't get Outlook to open Word as the email editor. Thanks! Kent ...

Outlook Error Message #39
Whenever I start up Outlook 2003, I get the following error message: The add-in "fxsext32.dll" could not be installed or loaded. This problem may be resolved by using Detect and Repair on the Help menu. Unable to load "fxsext32.dll". You may be out of memory, out of system resources, or missing a .dll file. Can anyone help? I've searched the web and only found one reference to this error message, but they want a monthly subscription in order to see the response. Thanks. Gene <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Whenever I start up Outlook 2...

loosing attachments!
please help. i seem to be loosing attachments sent using MO SR1. how can this be sorted out? thanks Could you be slightly more specific? "Dominic" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0b8901c3a38b$90664930$a401280a@phx.gbl... > please help. > > i seem to be loosing attachments sent using MO SR1. how > can this be sorted out? > > thanks I'm not Dominic, but I think I have a similar problem: I recently upgraded from Outlook 97 to Outlook 2000 (don't ask!). I thought it was working, but now I can't send any attachmen...

Inbox not work for Outlook XP 2002
Email can't display in "Inbox" folder but can be found by clicking "search".... It's quite horrible and anybody can help?? What version of Outlook? Have you checked your view settings on the inbox to make sure you aren't filtering stuff out of the view? Francesca Lai wrote: > Email can't display in "Inbox" folder but can be found by > clicking "search".... It's quite horrible and anybody can > help?? Francesca Lai <o_ling@yahoo.com> wrote: > Email can't display in "Inbox" folder but can be fou...

Outlook pasword box
Hi. Outlook keeps asking for a password over and over, even though I re-type the password and check the remember my pasword box. Can I fix this and how? Thanks, Ron Hi Ron. I've had the same problem and have asked for help, honestly, about 10 times. I've NEVER received a response. I am sick of it and of non-help >-----Original Message----- >Hi. >Outlook keeps asking for a password over and over, even >though I re-type the password and check the remember my >pasword box. >Can I fix this and how? >Thanks, Ron >. > I found a suposed? fix several pages...

How an I get Microsoft office Outlook to send and receive mail
The icon below the screen is allways offline but I would like to have this online as soon as i connect and send and receive emails automatically Rohan wrote: > The icon below the screen is allways offline but I would like to have this > online as soon as i connect and send and receive emails automatically If the icon is below the screen, how can you see it? It's off the screen. Did you go under the File menu to check if Outlook is configured to be online? "as soon as i connect" means what? You aren't connected when you load Windows and you have to...

Customizing Outlook Today does not respond.
When clicking on the Customizing Today icon it does not bring up the menu to customize. No error messages or anything it just sits there. I have seen this on two PC's so far and am wondering if anyone has any suggestions for fixing the problem. Thanks OL2000: You Cannot Customize Outlook Today After You Install Critical Update 813489 for Internet Explorer: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;820575 To change your Outlook Today setting by editing the registry, see: http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/oltoday.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Your...

Delays receving mail to Outlook
Hi. We run Outlook 2003 SP2 in Cached Mode against Exchange 2003 SP2 pretty extensively. We've run into a number of people complaining that they often don't their e-mail in Outlook delivered promptly. It's always been sporadic and darn near impossible to prove until I finally managed to witness it myself. I had a message sent to my account (all internal) that didn't show up in Outlook until 45 minutes later (when another message was sent to me). When I open the message and check the properties, it showed Sent, Received and Modified times of 45 minutes earlier, when it was ...

Entourage Address Book to Outlook Contacts
I run Entourage on a Mac under OS X and Outlook 2003 under Windows XP. I need to keep both address books up to date. Since I just installed Office 2003, the Contact database is empty. I would like to be able to move all my Entourage address book entries to Outlook. Keith Canyou export your Entourage contacts to Excel? What formats does Entourage support for exporting? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com an...

Help! Have deleted Outlook 2000 files in error!
I deleted a mcafee trial version of SpamKiller and unfortunately I have at the same time deleted various shared files shared with Outlook 2000 which has caused me numerous error messages. Any ideas how I can fix this without losing all my saved emails. Before anyone says it, I will say it myself-"Yes Iam an idiot for deleting the program from Windows Explorer instead of the install /removal program" If anyone can help, I will not repeat this stupid action again. Thank you Have you tried Detect and Repair from any Office Help program? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] P...

Outlook 2000 after upgrade to patch 3, advance find not working
After upgraded from Patch 1 to Patch 3, when I do a advanced search, even though there are only 1 mail in a folder, the advanced find still cannot find the mail after more than 1 minute eventhough the searching criteria is correct. Before the upgrade things works fine. Any idea? Regards, ...

Mac computers receiving PC e-mails using Outlook
I send Microsoft Outlook 2007 e-mails from my Windows 7 computer to a number of friends. A few friends have Mac computers and cannot open .pps or .wmv files whether I send them using PLAIN, HTML or RICH text format. Any ideas? "Jimmylee" <Jimmylee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0CC979D9-FB33-41CE-ADAC-213452BCC515@microsoft.com... > I send Microsoft Outlook 2007 e-mails from my Windows 7 computer to a > number > of friends. A few friends have Mac computers and cannot open .pps or .wmv > files whether I send them using PLAIN, HTML or RI...