Outlook and Project

Everytime I try and open an attachment in Outlook 2000,
The MS Project.msi trys to run even though it has already
been installed?

Any help greatly accepted!
0
anonymous (74722)

Restoring Outlook 2000 data
How can I restore my Outlook 2000 data (including Calendar, Contacts, Inbox, Sent Items and Tasks) when all the contents of the hard drive were backed up to another computer so the hard drive could be reformatted? The backups on the other computer do not include any .pst files. Dick Robinson since all outlook data is in the pst, you can't restore it unless you have a copy of the pst. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Search for a...

how do i import into outlook from excel
have a file which has the names, address etc on each row. For example row 1, name, row 2 address, row 3 city and state, row 4, phone. Can this somehow be imported into outlook contacts? It is a large file and would take quite a lot of work to drag each record from its row, into a column format. But i do want to get it into the OUtlook contact list, for sales calls. Thanks Have you tried File-->Import from Outlook's menus? ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "RF" <RF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CAC9A4FB-C21F-4512-93EF-3...

Microsoft Outlook Client Track in CRM Feature.
Hello Everyone, I have a user who updates and creates new contacts on behalf of another user in the Exchange System by using contact sharing on a regular basis. Once the Contacts have been created, there is a requirement for our user to be able to then track those contacts in CRM. The problem that I have is that when the user hightlights a contact whilst working in an open shared contacts folder, CRM displays an error message "Only items in the default Microsoft Outlook store can be promoted to Microsoft CRM." Does anyone know if there is a work around for this? Kind Regard...

Uninstall client for outlook
Hi Guys, I am having trouble installing Desktop client for outlook for CRM 3.0. When I try to install, I get an error saying somthing like the version is not compatible or the client already exists. When I checked, I found that C:\Program Files\Microsoft CRM\Client folder already exists and has some files in it. There is also MSDE database for CRM on the machine. I want to completely uninstall this client. But I do not see the entries for CRM client and MSDE database under Add/Remove programs. Can anyone tell me how to manually uninstall CRM client as well the MSDE database? You help is gr...

Outlook 2007 in Windows 7
I've installed Office 2007 in Windows 7. Then I installed Lotus Notes 8.5 as my default mail client. After that I opened Outlook 2007 then it prompted to set Outlook 2007 as the default and I clicked Yes. But still the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\mailto\shell\open\command value is LotuNotes exe destination. What is the reason for this. But if I use <a href="mailto:dummymail@dum.edu">send mail</a> tag in my HTML page it opens Outlook 2007 new mail window. How does the mailto protocol identifies the default mail client and open the new mail window? Pls someo...

Outlook 2000 will shut down on its own.
Outlook 2000 will shut down after a few minutes of inactivity. It does not give any error and the program works fine. It just shuts down. ...

VBA project locked
Hi While importing the Calender package (Calendar80.Package) i got the following error "Package contains items that cannot be imported becuase their VBA project locked" Date Dialong , Microsoft Calender control 11.0 and Rm_Analysis Report were shown as locked How to resolve this ? ...

database schema
Hello, Just need an input /advice... what are the deliverables for a typical software development project for an external customer. is it a norm to give the database design schema to customer, if yes, then in which format. Regards I think you need to get a contract project manager in asap. You are guaranteed to get the wrong thing right (most popular game in project management unless you have sought complete clarity from your customer on what will make the project successful and detailed this information in a Business case. The database schema is usually part of th...

How do I stop outlook 2003 from addng SPAM to every message in my
I imported all my messages from Express to Outlook. I am trying to use outlook instead. It adds the word SPAM to the beginning of all my messages when I open them and then keeps this at the beginning of the subject name when I go to forward or attach the email to another one. I have turned off the SPAM filter and it still does this. It even adds SPAM to messages I am sending. It is a serious problem Marleneburton <Marleneburton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I imported all my messages from Express to Outlook. Always best to export from OE to Outlook, btw. Importing in Ou...

Outlook 2000 adressbook
Hi: I how can I link my address book with my contact list addresses. When I do find to look for an email address it says there is no association with my contact list. But I have all my email addresses listed under my contacts. How can I display them all by looking under my address book and typing the name? It appears there are no links between the calendar and the address book. Could you tell me how to solve this? Thanks in advance. Denise Are you using Outlook 2000 in Internet Mail Only mode or in Corporate/Workgroup mode? If you're not sure, look at the second line of Help |...

Outlook Appointment NDR
When I send a particular user (userA) an appointment using Outlook 2003 and Exchange 2003 the appointment goes through however I also get a NDR from an previously deleted user mailbox (UserB). The deleted userB used to be setup as a delegate for userA that I am sending an appointment to. UserB was setup to get a copy of any appointment sent to UserB that I am sending the appointment to. Currently there are no delegates set up for UserA so I am thinking that somehow the delegate reference is still there in some invisible form. Can anyone help? Hello: I ran into these problems many...

Outlook Recovery
I have had a complete system failure an am back up and running by u#installing a seconf#d operating system. Can I recover my previous outlook and outlook express e- mails, extract them and re insert them once I have completed a full format? admin@penglobal.net ...

Outlook install only
Using Win Vista and have the Office Pro 2007 software. Can I install Outlook only w/o installing the rest of the office components, e.g., Word, Power Point, Exel, etc.? Thanks Sherry m wrote: > Using Win Vista and have the Office Pro 2007 software. Can I install Outlook > only w/o installing the rest of the office components, e.g., Word, Power > Point, Exel, etc.? > > Thanks Sure. Do a custom install. Select what you want installed. Thank you...will try that now :) "VanguardLH" wrote: > Sherry m wrote: > > > Using Win Vi...

setting up outlook #5
When setting up outlook it went right to a screen with username, domain, and password request. I am able to access outlook after I put those in, but I would rather simply log onto the PC and my network(with a domain) and be able to open Outlook without having to enter username, password, and domain name. I already have internet working, drive mapped, user account created and is correct. Hi Bob, do you mean this ? http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;290684 -- Gestern gings noch, ICH habe nichts gemacht! ;-) Bravestar@Datenschutzministerium.de "Bob Garber&quo...

how to import data from outlook express for mac
Hello, I'm changing my net from macintosh to windows xp, and I was wondering how to import all the data (messages, contacts, etc) from outlook express for macintosh to outlook express or outlook 2002 on my windows xp I have the outlook express macintosh files, but I can't import any data. Maybe I have to do another step before... Any idea? Thank you Xavi ...

Outlook 2003 won't send Bcc
Hi. Outlook 2003 won't send messages to e-mail adresses I put in the bcc (blank carbon copy) field. Anyone? Rick wrote: > Hi. Outlook 2003 won't send messages to e-mail adresses I put in the > bcc (blank carbon copy) field. Anyone? What happens when you try? And how are you entering the addresses? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Rick asked: | Hi. Outlook 2003...

Change Header of mail in outlook
Hello, Excuse for my very bad englis. I want to change the header of mail for grouping the mail in my outllook windows Somme mail are "Patric DES_DUB@xxx.com" another mails are "Patric DES DUB@xxx.com", another "DES DUB Patric@xxx.com" or "DES_DUB Patric@xxx.com" but it'a same personne. When Oulook group the mail by the sender, it finds four sender but it's the same. Ths is why, i want make some programm to change in a email objet the sender to have the same. Thank's ...

"Reply" Button Hangs Outlook 2000
Running Outlook 2000 on Windows XP on a new HP Pavilion Notebook with 512 MB RAM and 40 GB hard drive. When I click "Reply" on the messages FROM ONE PARTICULAR CORRESPONDANT ONLY, the Outlook program hangs and must be restarted. Eventually I seem to have to restart the computer to get normal functionality. The messages in question are in HTML format. Sometimes they have an attached file, sometimes they don't. They come from an .edu domain and have been forwarded to me from another .edu domain, then to a Verizon DSL account, then to the regular dialup ISP that I use during...

Outlook admin vs individual access (VBA pulling info)
I'm not looking for a specific solution, just information on whether or not this is possible, and if so, some general leads on what I'd need to learn more about in order to develop and implement. I have a VBA macro that grabs appointment data (time/date/duration/subject/etc). As an individual user, it only pulls this information from my calendar. We are considering a project where employees would start using custom labels to document their time on different projects, and ideally we would be able to pull all of that data at once (not require each user to pull their own...

Unable to open default email folder . Exchange 2003 , Outlook 2003
Hey all , I am experiencing a very weird issue at the moment and i am getting really worried that it will speard all over our domain. Last weekend we installed SP1 on Exchange 2003 and since we noticed this issue: I had one user on Tuesday that was trying to connect to the Exchange server (we use cached mode) and once he entered his username and password Outlook tried to connect 3 times and then straight away it says Disconnected. I log in as him and I then tick and untick on Work Offline so Outlook can try to connect but after 3 tries the same Disconnected status is reported. If i c...

Outlook Express address Book #3
My address book is no longer visible. How do I correct the problem. This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an outlook express news group. Try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie55.outlookexpress for OE 5.5x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress for OE 6.x ...

Outlook 2002 and Personal address book
Outlook 2002: I would like to put people in my personal address book on e-mail, but when I click on the person's e-mail address it only says "Add to contacts". It doesn't say add to personal address book. Can you make it add to personal address book please? Thanks! ...

Don't want to automatically open email Outlook 2000
I have recently started using Outlook 2000 instead of Outlook Express. In Express - I was able to preview messages without actually opening the file. In OL2000, the file automatically opens up... is there any way of preventing this. ...

Outlook, Brinkster and the Email from Hell
Once again I find myself at the threshold of one of life's greatest mysteries - namely a freezing in Outlook 2003 when downloading files to the inbox. This mystery has befallen me before, on various occassions. And, although I think I may have found what is causing it, I cannot seem to find out why. Microsoft admits no liability concerning this malady. Why should they? After all, they've already sold you their product and its not like their email is being impacted by your problem. Brinkster (the email host) admits no liability and (according to Ronald at Brinkster's tech...

Setting Outlook settings to new server
We are in the process of moving mailboxes to a new server. Is there a utility or ad policy to automatically configure outlook to point to the new exchange server? Instead of manually configuring the users outlook profile. On Tue, 21 Nov 2006 11:15:01 -0800, Rich <Rich@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We are in the process of moving mailboxes to a new server. Is there a utility >or ad policy to automatically configure outlook to point to the new exchange >server? Instead of manually configuring the users outlook profile. If you are moving the mailboxes in the same org vi...