outlook 97 and express email problems

Hi,

I am currently on an IBM X21 laptop and is running windows
98 se with office 97 pro. I recently experienced some
problems with outlook (illegal operations etc) and
reinstalled office to fix the problem but since then I
have not been able to send or recieve emails with outlook
97 and outlook express 6. I simply get an error message
saying the host can't be found (but does exist and I can
ping it successfully). Any suggestions on what I might do?
I have tried creating new accounts in windows mail and
outlook express, but I still get the same error.

Thankyou in advance!

Tim
0
crc2003 (2)

Did you reinstall the Office updates for Office 97?

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the
Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out
reading.

Tim Foote <crc2003@iprimus.com.au> asked:

| Hi,
|
| I am currently on an IBM X21 laptop and is running windows
| 98 se with office 97 pro. I recently experienced some
| problems with outlook (illegal operations etc) and
| reinstalled office to fix the problem but since then I
| have not been able to send or recieve emails with outlook
| 97 and outlook express 6. I simply get an error message
| saying the host can't be found (but does exist and I can
| ping it successfully). Any suggestions on what I might do?
| I have tried creating new accounts in windows mail and
| outlook express, but I still get the same error.
|
| Thankyou in advance!
|
| Tim

0
MillyS1 (1480)
12/16/2003 5:02:37 AM
yes I have, I have also just reinstalled all winsock and=20
dial-up networking components. I used sr-1 to reinstall=20
office and then applied sr-2b, but the same thing still=20
occurs. It's weird though that it happens with outlook=20
express too...

intact. Due to the
>Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be=20
deleted w/out
>reading.
>
>After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer
>Tim Foote <crc2003@iprimus.com.au> asked:
>
>| Hi,
>|
>| I am currently on an IBM X21 laptop and is running=20
windows
>| 98 se with office 97 pro. I recently experienced some
>| problems with outlook (illegal operations etc) and
>| reinstalled office to fix the problem but since then I
>| have not been able to send or recieve emails with=20
outlook
>| 97 and outlook express 6. I simply get an error message
>| saying the host can't be found (but does exist and I can
>| ping it successfully). Any suggestions on what I might=20
do?
>| I have tried creating new accounts in windows mail and
>| outlook express, but I still get the same error.
>|
>| Thankyou in advance!
>|
>| Tim
>

>.

0
anonymous (74722)

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

Excel 97 #9

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook

Question -Problem

AD Sync problem

invalid email address

Excel button problem

WCF Client serialization problem

From time to time, I will recieve email from friends, family, or business...and when I get the email, I open it up to find nothing but white space. I can't find a common thing between emails. I just know it is very frustrating when I have to ask people to resend the email to me or to a new address. When I look at my mail on the server, it is fine. It is when I open Outlook and it downloads it to my desktop. I get nothing. Any ideas? Cheers.. vg Sorry, wanted to add that I am using OL2003 with WINXP and everything is updated SP wise. I am starting to see some articles on this...

Attaching Contacts to new email

Some Emails Cannot be Delivered

Outlook Sales

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

using the journal on outlook

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails

Emails #3

message delivery problems