outlook 5 to outlook 6

There is no provision to import outlook 5 to 6 within the
outlook 6 program.......... only 4 and 6.

                   I need to see my past sent messages.

It will not also inport the id files to the in box.
0
blacksax (1)

This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office
family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one
of these newsgroups:
microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x

"Tho B." <blacksax@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
> There is no provision to import outlook 5 to 6 within the
> outlook 6 program.......... only 4 and 6.
>
>                    I need to see my past sent messages.
>
> It will not also inport the id files to the in box.

Error msge on closing Outlook
When I go out of Outlook I get an error message the contents which are listed below. How do I solve this pain in the butt? AppName: outlook.exe AppVer: 12.0.6023.5000 AppStamp:46574050 ModName: dccmsp32.dll ModVer: 10.0.2000.929 ModStamp:39d4133c fDebug: 0 Offset: 00005346 Running XP Pro SR2 with all updates to date and have Office 2007 Enterprise on board. Hard to say offhand, but there are a few standard steps that might help: See if this helps: http://www.slipstick.com/problems/scanpst.htm Also you might try repairing Outlook fron Control Panel | Add/Remo...

New with Outlook 2003 and IMAP
We have just been directed that we have to start using Outlook 2003. When I mark an email for trash or junk, I get a line through the topic and it gets grayed out. Is there a setting I can use that will put the email into trash or junk when I identify it as trash or junk? I am also trying to put my address book together. I need to find a way to have any email coming in with the same address (ex: occc_community@sunyorange.edu) or (staffchair-bounce@ots.sunyorange.edu) be made into a rule and make sure it goes to the appropriate folder. I am setup using an IMAP configuration. Any help would b...

Default mail account in Outlook 2000
I use Outlook 2000 to send and receive email from several different POP accounts. Sometimes I want to send emails from one account, while other times I want to send them from a different account. I know that Outlook allows you to change which account a message is sent from via the "File | Send Using" menu option. My problem is that I often forget to use that option and just click the "Send" button on the toolbar. This sends out the message using the Default POP account. After it has been sent I remember that I didn't use the "Send Using" option. My quest...

Update for Microsoft XML core service 6.service pack 2
Updates are ready. Message bubble shows constantly. Updates won't load millypede wrote: > Updates are ready. Message bubble shows constantly. Updates won't > load Operating System? Service Pack level? Architecture? Anything that you have tried? -- Shenan Stanley MS-MVP -- How To Ask Questions The Smart Way http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html ...

Outlook problems after WinXP updates
I installed critical updates for Windows XP on my laptop Wednesday. Nowmy Outlook hangs and I am unable to send new messages or reply to messages while using VPN. Any ideas? Suggestions? ...

Outlook 2003 access to Hamster IMAP fails
I was using Outlook 2003 with Hamster Classic 2.0.0.1 Everything was fine until the Microsoft update 2 weeks ago. When I closed Outlook the processor went to 100%. This seems to be a know bug of Hamster 2.0.0.1 based on pasts posts to the Hamster newsgroup. I therefore upgraded Hamster to 2.1.0.11. Now Outlook 2003 continually locks up. There are no problems with Outlook 2002 or any other email client including Thunderbird and Outlook Express. The issue is limited to Outlook 2003. The older version of Hamster did not support IDLE. I believe the problem is connected to IDLE. Is there a w...

Opening Draft E-mail Outlook 2000
Outlook 2000, Windows XP Pro Outlook hung when two e-mails were open, they are both sttill in Drafts folder. But they cannot be opened, an unknown error is returned when opening. Where are the temp files relating to these e-mails stored? If I open them in wordpad I can copy the contents out. Any ideas? Cheers, Richard Thorneycroft IT Systems Support Husky Group Ltd (01455) 555 340 They are stored in your PST. You can try to export them to another format (File | Import and Export) but those messages are possibly corrupt. "RichardThorneycroft" <richard-deletethis-@huskypr...

Question about Exchange 5.5 error message
I have two Exchange 5.5 email servers running is the same domain, but geographically separated by 300+ Kilometers. I was curious to understand why a message created on EXCH2 would not go out its IMS connector but out the IMS connector of EXCH1, which again is at a distant location. The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a= ;p=ORGANIZATION;l=EXCH2-04xxxxxxx50Z-4xxx3 MSEXCH:IMS:ORGANIZATION:SAME_DOMAIN:EXCH1 3499 (000B09B6) Host unreachable Thanks Pat bigpat@freenet.de (Pat) wrote: >I have two Exchange 5.5 email servers running is the same domain, but >geographic...

PDFs do not display in OWA using FE/BE scenario, IE 6, Adobe Reader 7.0.7
Greetings, My organization is currently running Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 SP2 in a FE/BE scenario with the FE serving OWA. We are experiencing problems with our OWA users not being able to open PDF attachments within OWA when they are using IE 6 (fully patched) and Adobe Reader 7.0.7. After some testing, I have discovered the following: When using: Abobe Reader 7.0.7 and IE 6 (fully patched) - PDFs will not display in OWA (no errors given) Adobe Reader 7.0.7 and IE 7 Beta 2 - PDFs will display properly Adobe Reader 7.0.7 and Firefox (fully patched) - PDFs will display properly ...

need to find the file that Outlook emails are stored in
there is one file that contains all the outlook email and information. i need help to find it. also, how can i view Hidden Files? thanks arthur Open Windows Explorer and select Tools | Folder Options. Select Show Hidden Files and Folders and uncheck the option to hide protected operating system files. OK out and open the search panel (f3). If you are using Windows XP, you need to configure the search to look for hidden items. If all goes right, you should find your *.pst file(s) under \documents and settings\<userid>\local settings\application data\microsoft\outlook. -- Neo [...

Outlook crash on startup
I have a user whose Outlook crashes on startup. It says that Outlook has encountered a problem and will close (faulting module is outllib.dll). The event from the application log is at the bottom of this message. If I delete her mail profile and recreate it, she can get open it. But, when she closes Outlook and tries to get back in, it crashes. I tried the steps from the MS article 291614, no help. We have ghosted her machine and it still happens. When I remove the folder list from the view, the problem does not occur and she can close and open Outlook fine. Event Type: Error...

french accents in word and in outlook
I suddenly have a problem - when I try to type a question mark or quotation marks, it types an accented letter. I'm working in Microsoft 7 and I've checked the language in the control panel. I think I must have hit a wrong key because this just started today, i had no trouble using these keys yesterday. Any suggestions?? Perhaps you have a laptop with a built-in International keyboard. If so, somewhere there's a key that toggles between it and the normal US keyboard. Locate that key and type it again. Maybe you toggled/cycled to a different keyboard (by accidentally...

Re: Junk mail doesnt filter when rules are enabled
Yes, I am dealing with this problem. I get mail from three pop accounts. I filter ALL my email based on what mail account it comes from and put it into a corresponding folder. Outlook catches ZERO percent of my junk mail because of this.... How can we get outlook junkfilter to work right?? Thanks. A very frustrated Lawrence "Sholom Deen" <sdeen@diamonds.net> wrote in message news:2ad7b851.0311061241.1a580be9@posting.google.com... > I'm having the same problem. Apparently, the junk filters are applied > before any rules, and since in 2003 the filters are not sim...

Tutorials for Outlook ?
I was recently given an HP PDA which included MS Outlook 2002. I have never used Outlook previously and would like to be directed to any websites that explain the functions of Outlook and how to use them. I have found most of the functions relatively easy to work out using Help but from reading this newsgroup it appears that there are other functions that I have not been able to access. I would like to be able to format phone numbers and add an extra mobile field (mobile 2)to Contacts. Any suggestions? DD http://www.slipstick.com http://outlook-tips.com http://www.google.com, etc. -...

Outlook wont send from the email directly
I can send mail when hitting the send button on the main Outlook 03 window but if I reply to a letter it just goes to the outbox. What am I missing? Thankyou Lew/+Silat Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "WOW, WHAT A RIDE" ...

How do I enable Outlook to view the Public Folder while being able
How do I enable Outlook to view the Public Folder while being able to Mail Favorite Folder windows. We are on XP pro along with Outlook 2007 using 2008 Small business server standard that has 2007 Exchange server. "kdepc" <kdepc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C01F1E17-3057-40E4-8DF8-C8F507316897@microsoft.com... > How do I enable Outlook to view the Public Folder while being able to Mail > Favorite Folder windows. We are on XP pro along with Outlook 2007 using 2008 > Small business server standard that has 2007 Exchange server. Please...

Exchange 2003 Question #6
What would be the implications of installing an Exchange 2003 server on my network, when an Exchange 2000 server already exists? TIA, James A part of the Installation and setup process is to prepare AD for the Exchange implementation (forestprep and domainprep). If you are attempting to install Exchange into the same AD, then it would assume that the same Exchange Org will be used for the new installation of Exchange, causing the 2 to be semi connected (also would depend on site configuration, etc) When you are mentioning "on my network" - are we assuming that you are using ...

PocketPC Outlook help
I am a new user to PocketPCs and I am trying to sync Inbox information from one computer to another. Is there a way to sync inbox information to another computer without having to delete partnerships or not having the inbox sync at all with another computer? Hi - Not sure what you mean by "from one computer to another" - do you mean you're trying to sync your PDA to more than one computer? Note that this can often cause problems and lost data. Probably best to post in m.p.pocketpc for more help.... Frank wrote: > I am a new user to PocketPCs and I am trying to sync &...

Exchange 5.5 and Mailboxes
Is there any way I can get a copy of users sent itmes forwarded somewhere else. I don't want to use the rule wizard as it is a security issue. I don't want to open users mailbox either as eventhought mailbox can be opened by Administrator but user may be deleting his sent items. Based on your restrictions, I expect you're down to implementing Exchange journaling. It will journal everything and not just Sent Items though. http://support.microsoft.com/?id=239427 -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchange.co.uk "Abhi Da...

Outlook 2003 #95
Outlook 2003 form required cannot be displayed ...

Outlook 2003!
I'd like to be able to create a rule that includes the Safe Senders list, just like you can create a rule that specifies members of the address book. I want to move messages from these senders to another folder. ...

Outlook Express #2
I have Outlook Express installed on two computers at two separate residences. Both are set to check the same comcast email address. One works fine but the other I keep getting errors when I try to send out emails etc. Should I be able to use Outlook express at two separate locations to check the same email at different times without a problem. Sounds a bit like the problem I am having (see my post from earlier today). Both my PCs are configured the same: one keeps prompting me for the POP3 password for each e-mail account, the other I have been able to successfully save the pa...

Help with macro #5
The following macro puts the file names on the worksheet that has the command button. How can I put the file names on a different worksheet? Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() Dim FN As String ' For File Name Dim ThisRow As Long Dim FileLocation As String Application.ScreenUpdating = False FileLocation = "C:\Documents and Settings\nc1\Desktop\TAS forms\*.xls" FN = Dir(FileLocation) Do Until FN = "" ThisRow = ThisRow + 1 Cells(ThisRow, 1) = FN FN = Dir Loop End Sub ...

Outlook 2002 and categories
Hello How can I send emails to all the addresses from a category ? Also why does Outlook uses the address book to send emails and not the contacts???? That is quite dumb because there is no bridges from the personal address book to the contacts !!! Why such a useless functionality??? Yves Bodson yves@ybdigitals.com -- ===================================== You are welcome to visit my digital art gallery at http://www.ybdigitals.com or my digital photography gallery at http://www.pbase.com/yves Then listen to Mark Twain who once advised; "blessed is the man, who having nothing to...

Outlook Express 8
I have downloaded Outlook Express 8 from website and RUN as spedified. Cannot open Outlook Express now on my PC? What is wrong? Sponge wrote: > I have downloaded Outlook Express 8 from website and RUN as > spedified. Cannot open Outlook Express now on my PC? What is wrong? The product you downloaded doesn't exist... Other than that - I am unsure. What did you actually download? -- Shenan Stanley MS-MVP -- How To Ask Questions The Smart Way http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html No such thing as OE8, Sparky. -- "Don't...