Outlook 2K w/MSN

Ok, here's the deal. Attempting to setup a home user's
Outlook 2k client to check email. Since she is not
connecting to the network, installed Outlook with Internet
only configuration and setup connection with POP3 mail.
This user dials up via MSN. And then checks our company
email through Outlook.

She can receive mail without error, but received the
0x800CCC0E error when sending. Looked it up in Microsoft's
KBase and found this article:

http://support.microsoft.com/defaul...p;Product=out2K

So according to Microsoft, she is forced to use MSN's SMTP
server. Ok, no big deal. Removed ours, added MSN's SMTP
server info as directed in the KBase article. Now she just
keeps getting prompted to enter a password in an MSN sign
in box that say "This way to the best of the internet". I
have no idea what this box is. I just figured she was
entering in the wrong login information for MSN. After she
swore up and down she was entering in the same info she
dials up with, we called MSN to have her pwd reset. Still
the same box. MSN support could not even get her connected
to the SMTP server without this box appearing. First they
said she had to update het PassportNet ID which we did.
Then they recommended we contact Outlook support. This is
NOT an Outlook box that is popping up. Has anyone else run
in to a similar issue? None of my other home user's have
this problem. What gives?

Thanks for any help and suggestions. Being the only
support tech in this office makes it a bit tough when I
get stumped.

Mandy

0
anonymous (74722)

anyone have any similar problems? this is becoming
extremely frustrating and i certainly don't want to have
to contact msn support yet again. already spent 2.5 hours
with them to accomplish absolutely nothing. just a waste
of my time. arf!

0
anonymous (74722)

Email open underneath Outlook (2002) window
When I OPEN an email message, Outlook opens the message in a new window, but places that window underneath the outlook window. Any idea how to get this new window to open on top of the Outlook window? see if updating your display drivers helps. "Mike Markowitz" <Mike Markowitz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:636AB801-7D0D-46C8-B6D9-3F891C25B8A8@microsoft.com... > When I OPEN an email message, Outlook opens the message in a new window, > but > places that window underneath the outlook window. Any idea how to get this > new window to open on ...

Outlook Mailboxes Slow on Exchange 2003 Server
We have recently upgraded to Exchange 2003 server on a Cluster environment, running Windows 2003 Cluster Servers. We did have Exchange 2000 working fine, just wanted some of the new features of Exchange 2003. Once we did the upgrades with no real problems. We have started to notice that various mailboxes will run slow periodically. It is moving throughout the server and it isn't always the same mailboxes. They run extremely slow. We have run a defrag on the Information Store and run the nightly routines before our backups. The Backups do not appear to be running during the sl...

CRM E-mail editor
Hello, When you are in a client record in CRM and click the 'Send E-Mail' button to send them an email, is there any way to get this to open in Outlook? My colleague has asked as there is no spell checker in the editor and his signature is not attached etc. Thanks, Katherine ...

Couldn't print attachment in Outlook 2000
Hi, Need HELP. System reset whenever try to print mail with attachment in MS Outlook 2000. Thanks ...

How can I add more background colors or stationary to Outlook temp
How can I add more background colors, stationery, animated watermarks, etc. to Outlood email? I go to Outlook> Actions> New Mail Message Using > More Stationery but there are only a templates as options. I would like to add templates. For example green for St Paddys, bunny backgrounds, animated (moving) hearts, etc. Thank you Create pages in an HTML editor and save to %appdata%\microsoft\stationery -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by ...

Outlook 2003 error "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error if the problem persists restart outlook" <1171052160.017239.244810@j27g2000cwj.googlegroups.com>
I have seen some posts in and around which points some issues with Add-Ins. Remove all non native Outlook Add-Ins, restart OL and see if it solves your problem. Goto Tools > Options > Other tab > Advanced Options > AddIn Manager and remove all non native AddIns. See if it can help you. Thanks! dgoyani http://dgoyani.blogspot.com/ EggHeadCafe - .NET Developer Portal of Choice http://www.eggheadcafe.com ...

Office 97 to 2003: Excel: enter data w/fixed 2 decimal. 2000. be.
When I enter number "2000." I get 20.00 - yes, set decimals at 2 but earlier excel would accept change if you entered decimal with number. this is slowing down a budget prep and I'd sure like some help - online and tutorials say "enter decimal" but this is not working. what am I doing wrong? Hi Confirmed, until v ersion XP you could finish off with a decimal separator. This behavior changed with Excel 2003, I haven't seen any documentation on the reasons. "Enter decimal" is like 2000.0 which is just as many keystrokes as 200000 but slower. If you d...

Outlook and Project
Everytime I try and open an attachment in Outlook 2000, The MS Project.msi trys to run even though it has already been installed? Any help greatly accepted! ...

Outlook pst files linked.
Have built a new PC using Windows Vista and Office 2003. By default, the ..pst file is located under the "users" folder. I was attempting to change this to a C:\MyEmail directory. However, while doing this, I now have 2 email connections in the "All Mail Folders" area but both connected to the same .pst file. Both are called the same name and the folders and emails are identical. When I select either email connection, the Close "Peter" option is not enabled. The email functionality still works correctly. I have removed Outlook from the PC &a...

How to print Outlook schedule/calendar
I want to print a schedule (day, week, month) that I can use in a planner (Franklin, compact size). I can buy a hole punch that will punch the correctly spaced holes for the planner. What I don't know how to do is print out the schedule in a size that can fit in the planner though. If anyone could tell me how to do this , it would be much appreciated. Thank you. Brian ...

HELP! My Outlook backup.pst file wants a password that doesn't exi
My system lost stability and I did the full restore DVD. I reinstalled Outlook 2007 and attempted to open my backup.pst file but it asks for a password. It doesn't let me advance leaving it blank and it doesn't accept my POP3 email password. When I created the file I left the password field blank. I am able to get to my email through the web client and by setting up a new POP3 account in 2007 but i can't access any of my old emails some of which I really need. How can I get my emails? "Jeff Meeusen" <JeffMeeusen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messag...

Sales for Outlook profile
Hi All, Just wondering that can i have multiple sales for outlook profile under 1 workstation? something like the PST file we can create diff PST file for diff profile. What if i install under TS environment? will it work for multiple profile? -- Regards, Venedict "Venedict" <Venedict@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:277A8EEA-69E7-43EE-B0C8-991F4CC60F62@microsoft.com... > Hi All, > > Just wondering that can i have multiple sales for outlook profile under 1 > workstation? something like the PST file we can create diff PST file for > diff &g...

Importing *pst into Outlook XP
Hi, I have Windows XP Pro where Office XP Standard is installed on an earlier Office 2000 Pro (Currently: Access from 2000 and remaining programmes from Office XP available). The problem I encountered is this: Nothing happens when I click on import from another program or file (*.pst). Everything else on the computer is working excellently. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Got help! Knowledge Base-artikel - 288869. I am smiling again! Thanks for reading. >-----Original Message----- >Hi, I have Windows XP Pro where Office XP Standard is >installed on an earlier Office 2...

Outlook Problem During migration from office 2000 to office 2007
Hi, My name is Govardhan. I have some problem i feel people here can help me out. I had office 2000 installed in my system and i had configured outlook with 2 mail id's of mine and was using it as my default mail. Yesterday we had brought a new version of Microsoft Office 2007. In a bit of hurry i did these things. 1. I immediately uninstalled present version of office 2000 without backing up my mails. 2. I installed Office 2007 3. I open my outlook 4. It migrated the settings of my previous outlook 5. It poped a message asking "DO u wish archieve old mails ?". 6. In a bit o...

Outlook on 2 computers #2
A friend recently purchased a new laptop. Already has a desktop with Outlook running successfully to access Comcast POP3/SMTP mail servers. Outlook on the laptop fails to access the same email account, each time giving an error message that the mail account is receiving an email and ERR - *box is locked. The asterisk represents a letter I can't remember. Dell tech support claims you cannot use Outlook on 2 different machines to access the same account and that you have to use Outlook Express on one. From what I've read online, this is not true, that she can use Outlook on both machine...

Outlook 2003 on Windows 2003: RPC over HTTP?
Hi! We deployed Exchange 2003 based on Windows 2003 AD. Our Windows XP user can access Exchange Server by using RPC over HTTP without any problem. We have Windows 2003 on which we installed Outlook 2003 with SP1. Our users will use RPC over HTTP from this client also. Unfortunately they cannot connect from this computer to Exchnage by using RPC over HTTP. They have no problem with OWA connections. Is there any restrictions if a Windows 2003 Server is deployed as Outlook 2003 client? Can we use Outlook 2003 on Windows 2003 Server for RPC over HTTP connections? How can we fix this prob...

group totals w/criteria?
SSRS 2005 I'm relatively new to RS and have a challenge I don't know how to overcome. I have a report where I need to subtract one group total from another. I read that this isn't possible in 2005, but that 2008 will support aggregations on aggregations. I'm sure someone has figured out how to do this in 2005 though, so any words of wisdom? This is an Accounting report, where I need to get the value for the Contribution Margin total. The aggregation I'm looking for is this: Contribution Margin = sum(Revenue) - sum(Expenses) The challenge is the the...

"Unable to send item." in Outlook 2003
When trying to send a message in Outlook 2003 I get an error message saying "unable to send item.". I also get an error message syaing "Operation failed." when trying to save a message. However, when replying to a message I have received I can save and send without a problem. I also have Outlook Express installed on my machine. I don't know if that may be causing a problem Thanks. - David ...

Backing up Outlook with an outside service (Mozy)
I recently started using Mozy to backup everything on my computer. The only thing I'm nervous about is Outlook. I want to make sure that I back up _all_ of my email (Inbox and the 30 folders below it), my contacts, and most importantly, my task list and my notes. The 2 files that Mozy automatically reaches for are Outlook.pst and Outlookimap.columbia.edu-00000011.pst. I should mention that one of my four email accounts is hosted by columbia.edu, which I'm guessing is the second one in some way. Anyone know if those files include all emails, contacts, tasks and notes? I couldn'...

outlook Calendar archiving not working
I've tried all the directions i can find to archive my calendar from 12-31-07 and before. The 'archiving' box icon comes on below for a second or so then quits. What can i do to get it to archive? "Kidney Stoned" <Kidney Stoned@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:907AA068-B939-4721-A942-7DA608F7CFEC@microsoft.com... > I've tried all the directions i can find to archive my calendar from > 12-31-07 > and before. The 'archiving' box icon comes on below for a second or so then > quits. What can i do to get it to archi...

Printing from OL 2k, defaults to 9999 copies
Can anyone explain why one our users when she prints, under Copies the number of copies defaults to 9999 when she only wants one copy? She is on OL 2k and using W2k pro. thanks in advance You might check under Start | Settings | Printers - look at her default printer and see what it's set to for number of copies. -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr/Computers/OneNoteFAQ.htm **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post questions and replies here ...

Outlook and signatures
Hi. When I get a mail in RTF or HTML and I want to answer the font is setting the default text to Arial. Is that possible to change. //Mariah MN <MN@nospam.com> wrote: > When I get a mail in RTF or HTML and I want to answer the font is > setting the default text to Arial. > > Is that possible to change. When you reply to a message, Outlook will use the same format as the original message. You can then change it manually if you want. -- Brian Tillman tools, options, mail format, fonts button specifically, but you have other options on that tab as well - includin...

Links in outlook xp
Just installed windows and office xp. When placing links to documents on our shared drive (we all have permisions) they cannot be opened from source. We are prompted with a warning about potentially unsafe attachment and the only option is to save somewhere else or cancel. It cannot be read from source. Thanks in adavance for any help. Jase Jase Flowers <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Just installed windows and office xp. When placing links > to documents on our shared drive (we all have permisions) > they cannot be opened from source. We are prompte...

outlook express #123
every time I go tocheckmy messages--I get an error message 0x800C013B.Can anybody help me in solving this problem ...

How do I Synchronize reminders with pocket pc from Outlook?
I have to click twice on each reminder on poket pc and outlook. Is there any simpler way to do it by doing it only once? Gracy <Gracy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have to click twice on each reminder on poket pc and outlook. Is > there any simpler way to do it by doing it only once? Reminders attached to what? Tasks? Calendar entries? Messages? What do you click? What version of Outlook? What version of ActiveSync? -- Brian Tillman Hi Brian, Thanks for the reply. I'm using Outlook 2003 with Franklin Covey (Plan Plus 3.0) and currently updated ActiveSyn...