outlook 2k and winxp

anybody know of any issues with running outlook 2k on
winxp?

i've got a system that gets system errors and shuts down
outlook about every 10th email.

any ideas?
0
anonymous (74722)

I've got:
   Win XP Pro & Office 2K
   Win XP Pro & Office XP
   Win 2K & Office 2K.

All three were rock solid until 2 weeks ago.  I moved XP Pro/Office 2K
from a cramped 8 Gig drive to a roomy 30 Gig; now Outlook "can't
find or open attachments" that originate on that box. No problem with
inbounds or forwarding.

"jimmy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> anybody know of any issues with running outlook 2k on
> winxp?
>
> i've got a system that gets system errors and shuts down
> outlook about every 10th email.
>
> any ideas?

0
jwk1 (20)

Outlook & Word
I've just started using Oulook. I have the latest version installed and Office 2003. Every time I compose a message, or reply to a message, it's using Word as the editor. How do I change this and use just Oulook. Also, from a Word document, when I click on "send to", it pastes my document in the body of the e-mail, instead of attaching it to the e-mail. What should I do to: 1) Use Outlook as the editor; 2) Prevent it from copying my Word doc to the body of my message? Any assistance greatly appreciated! Tools->Options->Mail Format - uncheck the option to use W...

Outlook, online or connected
Hi, In Outlook 2k3, the stauts bar used to write "Connected: All folders are up todate" but today, it is writing "Online". Why and what is the difference? Thanks Yba In news:149EBE7A-2DE0-4EAF-B78E-D51A4ADDCA11@microsoft.com, yba02 <yba02@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Hi, > In Outlook 2k3, the stauts bar used to write "Connected: All folders > are up todate" but today, it is writing "Online". > Why and what is the difference? > Thanks > Yba If you don't have Cached Mode enabled, you'll see that. On Sun, 3 Sep ...

Perhaps not an outlook problem, but maybe a setting change will help.
Hello, I'm using Outlook 2003 on a Vista Business system. I use it to monitor four email accounts, one POP mail from my work, a gmail account, and two POP accounts from my ISP (Bell), who contracted their mail service to Microsoft some years ago. The two non-ISP accounts work perfectly and are very reliable, but intermittently, one or the other of the ISP accounts start rejecting the username and password, which I know is correct. If I go to the web mail interface and test the username and password - there's no problem, unless the login server really, really is broken, w...

Cannot send mails through Outlook
Good Day, Our Exchange 2003 Server with Service Pack 1 on a Server 2003 machine without Service Pack 1 is on the fritz. We were having problems with the SMTP protocol not responding after an hour or so and decided to try to replicate the server to a new server on the network. The server was installed and we tried to use Vertitas Backup Exec 9.1 to restore a backup of our Exchange First Information Store to that server. Veritas errored out saying that: "Restore - \\CARLMAIL\Microsoft Information Store\First Storage Group Error: The database Mailbox Store (EXCHANGE) must be creat...

Cannot connect outlook 2007 to exchange 2003 via LAN #2
Hello there, I got a new laptop for work running Vista and outlook 2007 and no matter how many times I tried setting it up to connect to the exchange server 2003, I always get the message that outlook is not connected and it needs to be connected to complete this action.... I used to have a laptop running XP and outlook 2003 and it worked fine with the same mailbox settings. Any ideas please? ...

Outlook Express Freezes on Opening
I'm not sure why, but it just started a couple days ago. But whenever I try to open Outlook Express, it just freezes up. I got it to open once or twice, and that was it. I have tried downloading every single update for Windows XP. I haven't installed anything new, except for those updates, so I don't know what would be causing it. But if anyone knows why any help would be greatly appreciated. Either reply to this post or email me at chazzy1864@yahoo.com Charlie Charlie wrote: > I'm not sure why, but it just started a couple days ago. > But whenever I try to ope...

CRM Live via Outlook Client
I seem to have this problem with getting Outlook client to work. I run the install file, and it downloads all updates needed, and installs. When I go to configure it, it will ask how to be used, Office, CRM Live or online provider, and I select CRM Live. It will then ask for the url, https://xxxxx.crm.dynamics.com, and I get this error : The file '/MSCRMServices/2007/Passport/CrmDiscoveryService.asmx' does not exist, and the install will not continue. Any help would be greatly appreciated. ...

SPYRUS Usage in Outlook 2003
Anyone heard of a problem with SPYRUS Rosetta Executive Manager and OUTLOOK 2003? Was working fine with Office XP, then upgraded to Office 2003, and can't digitally sign email anymore. . . the system just hangs. Hi Ted, I am from SPYRUS and we are not aware of any problems running RES and Office2003. RES is an extremely compatible product for running Microsoft products. What version operating system are you using? What version of RES are you running? If it is RES3 or below - we recommend you upgrade to the current version which is RES5. If you are running RES4 or RES5 then you proba...

Outlook 2003 crash with IMAP
Please help. Outlook 2003 SP2 is crashing most of the time while trying to contact our local IMAP server with send/receive. It's crashing hard in outlook.exe, asking to send error report. Logging is disabled as I googled this as a possible source for crashes. I reinstalled Outlook with no success and the PST file was checked with scanpst.exe. It is not crashing all but most of the time. Any clue for me ? Henrik -- Henrik Schmidt Christian-Albrechts-Universitaet zu Kiel Institut fuer Informatik +49 (431) 880 75 - 50 Fax or 43 Phone Olshausenstr. 40 ...

Outlook 2003 Distribution List error
System running XP SP3 My customer has a Distribution List (5 entries), and it was working correctly for some time. Now, when she sends to the List, there are two additional names included from her address book. Editing and/or expanding the list does not show these names.... Ideas? Where to look? Thanks in advance. Grov ...

Running Outlook 97 on Windows XP Pro
not able to sent mail but able to rec'v mail. Any suggestion! By the way, is Outlook 97 compatable on Windows XP Pro Joanne Ngiam@vectronic.com.sg <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > not able to sent mail but able to rec'v mail. Any > suggestion! By the way, is Outlook 97 compatable on > Windows XP Pro Outlook 97 is compatible with Windows XP, since I use it there myself. However, there is once thing about Outlook 97 that is not compatible with broadband ISPs that require you to log in: you cannot set authentication to the outbound server. This means...

Outlook 2002 Rule with "AND" instead of "OR"
I would like to setup a rule for e-mails containing several specified words to be sent to my Junk E-mail folder. However, when I use the Rules Wizard and add words via the Search Text dialog, the Add button keeps adding words to the list, but all of them are listed as OR rules. I want the rule to require ALL of the words. How do I make Outlook use AND here instead of OR? For example, I want my Search Text to read: "refinance" AND "%" AND "rate" But it will only do this: "refinance" OR "%" OR "rate" I don't want to thro...

Outlook 2007
I am trying to set up a receipt to where if someone sends me an email, my email will automatically write them back some kind of acknowledgement email advising them that their email was received and will be answered in 2-3 business days. Any ideas if this can be done???? Thanks!!! "Senor Martinez" <SenorMartinez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8635126F-BD00-4B87-BEA2-F5F39AADEF64@microsoft.com... >I am trying to set up a receipt to where if someone sends me an email, my > email will automatically write them back some kind of acknowledgement...

UEFA EURO 2008 Schedule for Outlook
Hi at all, just found, may be you need it ;-) Schedule of Euro 08 as ICS and PST: http://www.ics-calendars.com/euro-2008-outlook-ical ...

Outlook Today #41
Outlook 2003 There must be an icon I can put on Outlooks toolbar that will take me to the Outlook Today view. I can't seem to find it. Please help. -- Thanks... Bob Right click toolbar and check Advanced toolbar. "Bob Newman" <bobnewman@cox.net> wrote in message news:HnvRi.786$os2.785@newsfe19.lga... > Outlook 2003 > > There must be an icon I can put on Outlooks toolbar that will take me to > the Outlook Today view. I can't seem to find it. Please help. > -- > Thanks... Bob you can either click on the outlook today "folder" ...

Outlook Connector #4
Will outlook Connector work with MSN set up as a POP3 account or will it only work as the HTML type? I am able to set it up as pop3 (incoming server: pop3.live.com, outgoing server: smtp.live.com) and it goes into my normal inbox. When it is set us as HTML, it gives me a whole other set of folders, so I have to copy contacts, calendar etc from my default "Personal Items" folder, over to my "MSN Account" folders to sync with OL-Connector. I suppose I could just try it out but I believe I would have to delete the current HTML style account first and I don't want to ...

Outlook 2007 Categories
My colleagues like to use the categories feature in Outlook 2007. They order their email list by categories, this allows emails which are not categorised to appear at the top of their list. A problem occurs when they receive an email that is linked to CRM, this is because the email automatically gets categorised into whatever the regarding field is called. Is there any way to turn off this feature, thereby allowing emails linked to CRM to still appear in the "not categorised" section. We will still need emails to link to CRM though. On Jun 7, 9:23=A0pm, JamesE <Jam...@disc...

Outlook peridoically "goes to sleep"
My Office 2000's Outlook email program (running on Win98 and a 500Mhz processor with plenty of memory) experiences periods of "sleepiness" e.g. clicking a menu button doesn't immediately drop down the menu. Most of the time (90%) the menu buttons respond properly. But occasionally, they take up to 3-5 seconds to respond. The entire application seems to "freeze". I'm also running Symantec SPAM and Firewall software as well as a DSL line to the internet. One way the problem can be forced to happen is if I 1- Click to respond to an email in my Inbox 2- Begin to...

Outlook displays offline icon, but really online.
So i am connected to a server, not using cached mode. When i open outlook it connects and shows that im online in the status bar, but in the task bar it displays the offline icon. How can fix it? The last thing I remember doing before this problem began is switching to cached mode to test spam filter. I switch offline, then back to online but the icon did not change back. nm fixed it ...

Size of files allowed with Outlook 2003
I am having trouble sending large attachments through outlook 2003. Is there a limit to the size you can send. I have one with about 24mb of info. It is stuck in the outbox. I saw how to go offline and delete it but I really don't want to because I scanned it all and don't want to do it again. How can I get this file to go through? Thank you. Pearl King Windows XP, Outlook 2003 Outlook is not in play here. Your mail provider is. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Pearl King" <paking@kc.rr.com> wrote in message news:eCH%23qfpSJHA.5268@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... &g...

Outlook has encountered problems and needs to close.......
it just will not stay open. I have reverted to using plain text email editor. If I've detect & repaired once I've done it 10 times Howard: We've got the same problem on our system. OL 2000. Can't send email. If we try (through this one machine on our 4 computer network) the machine will show that same error message you describe and when we hit the enter key, Outlook immediately shuts down. IF you get this figured out, please let me know. Good luck and thanks. Scott in Austin MN "Howard" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2a2001c...

Outlook 2000 will not open-not enough memory
Have Outlook 2000 installed on XP Pro. Has been working fine, but one day, boom! Will not open. First I was getting Virtual memory is too low error when opening. I set virtual memory to let windows determine paging size. Still got the error. Now today, error when opening Outlook - There is not enough memory to run this program. I have uninstalled, reinstalled Outlook 2000. System restore as of last week when it was working. Nothing has helped. I have a Dell Dimension 512mb. Has been working fine, but all of a sudden , nothing. If anyone has a solution, please email karlaf@jwbur...

Saving Outlook Email As Text File Extract
Hello Outlook Group: I'm normally an Access and Excel VBA programmer, but my client wants me to scrape the text from a select email address and insert it into an Access memo column. Does anyone know how to configure Outlook (VBA approach would be fine) so that when an email is received in a selected account, the message would also be extracted to a directory as a text file and then the Outlook message would be moved to some history folder. Once the text file exists in a predefined folder , I will just have Access periodically check the folder for files, grab the text, ...

switching users
I have a computer that on which I needed to create a new user profile. I set up Outlook on the new profile with the same email account, but it gives me an error when retrieveing mail. I have Outlook 2000. I have checked the account settings several times. I can retrieve the email if i set up the account on another computer. Any thoughts? Thanks, Peter peter wrote: > I have a computer that on which I needed to create a new user profile. > I set up Outlook on the new profile with the same email account, but > it gives me an error when retrieveing mail. I have Outlook 2000. I > ha...

Outlook 2007 Offlince client slow performance
We have an installation where we use Outlook 2007 Offline clients, Online clients and Webusers in combination. Webversion and Online clients works as expected but the offline clients have performance trouble when connected online. Everytime the user clicks on a contact or customer the form showing up on the screen takes about 5-50 seconds to fill with data. There is a connection to http://localhost:2525.... hanging most of the time. Is there any way to speed up this litle helper app? Or what whould I search after to optimize the client. The users are not happy about the performance. No...