Outlook 2007 uses 50% of CPU even when it is not doing anything

I have been noticing the last few weeks that my hard disk has been spinning
quite a bit even when I was not doing anything on my desktop machine. It
turned out that Outlook 2007 is using 50% of my CPU (when looking with the
Task Manager), even
when I'm not doing anything, and I assume the disk access is due to Outlook
ecause the disk stops spinning as soon as I exit Outlook, and the CPU usage
goes down to 0%. Thsi is relatively new (the past few weeks) and I have not
installed any new program or feature for the last several months. I do get
Windows updates automatically, so I presume one of those is now causing that
problem.
Can anyone shed any light on this?
Thanks,
AT
0
AT6199 (24)

AT <AT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I have been noticing the last few weeks that my hard disk has been
> spinning quite a bit even when I was not doing anything on my desktop
> machine. It turned out that Outlook 2007 is using 50% of my CPU (when
> looking with the Task Manager), even
> when I'm not doing anything, and I assume the disk access is due to
> Outlook ecause the disk stops spinning as soon as I exit Outlook, and
> the CPU usage goes down to 0%. Thsi is relatively new (the past few
> weeks) and I have not installed any new program or feature for the
> last several months. I do get Windows updates automatically, so I
> presume one of those is now causing that problem.
> Can anyone shed any light on this?

Do you have any add-ins in Outlook?  Are you using Google Desktop Search?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
0

"Brian Tillman" wrote:

> AT <AT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > I have been noticing the last few weeks that my hard disk has been
> > spinning quite a bit even when I was not doing anything on my desktop
> > machine. It turned out that Outlook 2007 is using 50% of my CPU (when
> > looking with the Task Manager), even
> > when I'm not doing anything, and I assume the disk access is due to
> > Outlook ecause the disk stops spinning as soon as I exit Outlook, and
> > the CPU usage goes down to 0%. Thsi is relatively new (the past few
> > weeks) and I have not installed any new program or feature for the
> > last several months. I do get Windows updates automatically, so I
> > presume one of those is now causing that problem.
> > Can anyone shed any light on this?
>
> Do you have any add-ins in Outlook?  Are you using Google Desktop Search?
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
AT6199 (24)

Outlook Sales

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

Voice connector on Exchange server 2007.

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

projecting the notes pages in PPT 2007

Using Relative path for XML data file?

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook

cannot open hyper links in outlook

using the journal on outlook

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails

outlook 97 and express email problems

Break Even Point
Hello, Is there a formula to calculate a break even point? Scenario: Rate ranges are 500 lbs at $10, 1000 lbs @ $5, 2000 lbs @ $2.5, etc. Eg: Shipper has load that weighs 990 lbs. What is the break even point to move the load forward into the next cheaper range. Hope that makes sense. Any help appreciated. "Break even" generally implies two opposing trends. Where they meet is the 'break even' point. You have supplied only one 'trend'. Can you expand on the problem? best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove...

q Emailing Excel Sheet With Outlook