Any search I do in Outlook 2007's new search box returns no matches.

I watched the Indexing Status as it progressed, and now it says "Outlook has
finished indexing all of your items"

But, searching on anything, even the word "The" or "a" returns no results.
I'm searching all Outlook items.  I'm on an Exchange Server via VPN.

Anyone have any suggestions?

0
none89 (807)

I uninstalled Office and re-installed and the problem went away...

"Tom" <none@none.com> wrote in message
> Any search I do in Outlook 2007's new search box returns no matches.
>
> I watched the Indexing Status as it progressed, and now it says "Outlook
> has finished indexing all of your items"
>
> But, searching on anything, even the word "The" or "a" returns no results.
> I'm searching all Outlook items.  I'm on an Exchange Server via VPN.
>
> Anyone have any suggestions?

0
none89 (807)
1/16/2007 11:16:06 PM
Could it be the same problem that I'm having. It is only searching the
current folder and not sub-folders?
I've just posted my problem in another thread.

Lester Bennett

"Tom" <none@none.com> wrote in message
> Any search I do in Outlook 2007's new search box returns no matches.
>
> I watched the Indexing Status as it progressed, and now it says "Outlook
> has finished indexing all of your items"
>
> But, searching on anything, even the word "The" or "a" returns no results.
> I'm searching all Outlook items.  I'm on an Exchange Server via VPN.
>
> Anyone have any suggestions?

0
lbennett (5)
1/17/2007 8:51:51 PM
I just posted this:

http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.outlook/browse_thread/thread/a5cb5f6d30df747e/ca7080cef90939ec#ca7080cef90939ec

Hope it helps you.

Tom wrote:
> Any search I do in Outlook 2007's new search box returns no matches.
>
> I watched the Indexing Status as it progressed, and now it says "Outlook has
> finished indexing all of your items"
>
> But, searching on anything, even the word "The" or "a" returns no results.
> I'm searching all Outlook items.  I'm on an Exchange Server via VPN.
>
> Anyone have any suggestions?

0
hirebrian (5)

Null returns from method in class project
For a VS2008 web application I added a class library project. When I use methods on even the simplest class in the class project I get null returned. What's up? blaa.... namespace x { public class Damn { public string DamnString{ get; set; } public Damn GetDamn() { Damn d = new Damn(); d.DamnString = "Everything in the object is null"; return d } } invoked by something like: Damn damn = new Damn(); damn.GetDamn(); Whack a break in the line after and damn.DamnString is null. Andy O'Neill wrote: ...

Synchronise Outlook 2003

Office 2007 and Windows 7 Multilingual Issue
Hi All, Need some help setting up multilingual for Office 2007. Here's what I have: OS: Windowns 2007 Enterprise Office: Office 2007 Pro w/ SP2 Language Pack: Install several language packs thru the Windows 7 Update process So, here's the thing. I can't get the UI in the office apps (WOrd, Excel, etc) to display the language I want. For example, I want the ribbon to display in Chinese. Reading thru the documentations from Microsoft, it saids I need to select the laugage in the "Display Language" tab on All Programs -> Microsoft Office -> M...

Sharing tasks in OL 2007
We have a staff Atty office which keeps task lists for Civil (CV) and Criminal (CR) cases by year. There are like 2 - 3 for every year such as CV09 and CR09, however they track for more than just the current year. The person that creates these lists uses some user defined fields so when new users get these shared, they have to create the same fields. My question relates to the inconsistent behavior of the field when adding it to a new task list. Sometimes, the user enters a new field and it is available for subsequent task lists and other times the user has to add teh same new...

Sharing Outlook #2

Outlook user profiles

Outlook 2003 cuts off lines

Sending URL in Outlook XP

Outlook Signatures #4

Importing Outlook 2003 to Win 98 Outlook

2 spaces as a typo in PowerPoint 2007
Is there any to have 2 spaces be a typo in PowerPoint 2007 like it is in Word? Yup, under Office button choose PowerPoint Options from the bottom right corner. From the new menu choose Proofing. Under AutoCorrect Options... you have the opportunity to add various typos you wish PowerPoint to correct. Kristiina AndyA wrote: >Is there any to have 2 spaces be a typo in PowerPoint 2007 like it is in Word? -- I help with Excel and PowerPoint Office ToDo http://www.officetodo.com Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/powerpoint/201005/1 ...

Outlook 2003: export accounts settings

EXCEL 2007 acting up
j$ = "THIS MACRO WILL ERASE THE SECOND & THIRD SET OF DATA" + Chr$(13) + Chr$(13) Using EXCEL 2007, I get an error with the line above as a macro. It does not recognize CHR$. What am I doing wrong? Thanks Not for me it didn't. Check for MISSING references in Tools>References, uncheck them if there are any. -- --- HTH Bob (there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere should be gmail in my addy) "pcor" <pcor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F63F6E95-AF0A-4927-B337-99B5C48B92B1@microsoft.com... > j$ = "THIS MACRO WILL...

Outlook 2002 cannot see address book

Outlook/Exchange 2000 connection problem

Promoting Email to CRM Activity in Outlook
Is there a way to associate an email to two accounts when promoting it to a CRM Activity? Lynn Lynn, if you'd like to link the email to multiple regarding objects, you're out of luck. Only one regarding object can be set, though the email will also be linked to all of the senders/recipients ('activity parties'). Ilana. -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "MattNC" <MattNC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:70F78E3C-272A-4515-B393-38700C767B65@microsoft.com... > After you click the &qu...

Outlook 2002
We have a single user who is attaching multiple documents through DOCSOpen to an email message. If he saves this message so he can send it later, it will not send. He just hits the SEND button and nothing happens. According to him , this doesn't happen when he sends an email straight away. Only when it is saved. He has to restart his machine for the email to send. DOes anyone have any ideas? We are running XP with Office XP (2002-SP2) Thank you in advance ...

FormView contained in an UpdatePanel always returns NULL values.
I have a formview that is fully contained within an UpdatePanel, and when the Update command is sent, the textboxes in my formview are always returning null values. If I read textboxes contained outside of the UpdatePanel, I am getting the actual values. I have tried getting the values on the InputParameters of my ObjectDataSource, as well as trying to read the values directly from the TextBoxes in the FormView, and they both contain NULL values. I have seen a few other posts from people having this problem, but I have yet to see a resolution. The code containing the UpdatePa...

Hot to Stop Outlook 2007 Forcing Images to Bitmaps
Hello, How can Outlook 2007 be set to not convert images to bitmaps? I've just been upgraded to Office 2007 and am having problems with images in Outlook 2007 emails. In Office 2003 I could do up charts in Excel, then to a [Copy as Picture]|[As shown when printed], followed by a [Paste Special]|[Picture (Enhanced Metafile)] in Outlook emails. This would give me an identical image as the Excel chart pasted into the body of the email so people could see the chart as they read the email without clicking about with attachments. It worked great in 2003 and kept the size of the email...

Outlook 2003 and Vista Business??
When I receive an email in plain text with a hyperlink in it a search function in my Document folder is started when I click the hyperlink? If I copy the link to IE7 theres is no problem. If the mail is HTML coded no problem occurs when I click the link. How come?? -- Regards Peter "Peter Jensen" <fup@snyd.dk> skrev i meddelelsen news:798D10C7-867F-4297-89C3-614510007FE0@microsoft.com... > When I receive an email in plain text with a hyperlink in it a search > function in my Document folder is started when I click the hyperlink? If I > copy the link to I...

Print quote for the client-Outlook
Hi. Some has a master document of example that is used for the functionality to print supply for the client of the client for sales of Outlook? I have a document but when the quotation has several products are damaged. ...