Outlook 2007 "profile"

Frustrating.  When I open Outlook 2007, the program displays a "Choose
Profile" screen (with only one option, called Outlook).  This is rather new,
and I don't know what I did to cause this.  I simply want Outlook to open
normally without this Profile screen.  Any thoughts or comments?  By the
way, I did check the block that says to make this profile the default --
that didn't help.

Thanks.

EW

Open the mail applet in the control panel.  Select show profiles button.
Your after the settings at the bottom of the dialog.

"Lone Star" <ewyatt_del_me-@excite.com> wrote in message
Frustrating.  When I open Outlook 2007, the program displays a "Choose
Profile" screen (with only one option, called Outlook).  This is rather new,
and I don't know what I did to cause this.  I simply want Outlook to open
normally without this Profile screen.  Any thoughts or comments?  By the
way, I did check the block that says to make this profile the default --
that didn't help.

Thanks.

EW

0
Neo (372)
9/12/2009 7:23:20 PM
"neo [mvp outlook]" <neo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Open the mail applet in the control panel.  Select show profiles button.
> Your after the settings at the bottom of the dialog.

neo.......

That did it!  Thanks very much.  Regards.

EW

> That did it!  Thanks very much.  Regards.

If you don't need both profiles, delete the one you don't need.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16051)

Can change outlook profile without exprofe ?
Hi, I have migrated mailboxes from one standart server to a cluster cluster, syncronized the public and system folder. But outlook profile didn't update with the new information of services, even if I recreat the outlook profile, change registry keys or delete the user profile I still have this information : "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging\Subsytem\Profiles\Outlook\a80945475ee4c140936d21bade59e593\001e6614=/O=*****/OU=****/cn=Configuration/cn=Servers/cn=OLDSERVER" Maybe Exprofe could help-me, but this client don't log...

Can't log into admin profile
I was prompted to install an update to my Win7 machine. After restarting, I find that my password won't work and I cannot log on to the admin profile of my computer. What do I need to either fix this problem or return to my previous configuration ? ...

Setting up Outlook Profiles automatically
I manage a bunch of computers which different users log onto daily. I'm curious to know if I can setup Outlook to automatically configure the Outlook Profile so I don't have to go to each computer and configure it after the user logs on. Any suggestions? Robert Do you have a Windows domain? If so, might want to consider roaming Windows profiles - will work for Outlook and all other personalized settings. Robert Hoenig wrote: > I manage a bunch of computers which different users log > onto daily. I'm curious to know if I can setup Outlook > to automatically confi...

Profiles overwrite POP & SMTP settings
I have several users who use their laptops both in the office and away from the office to access email. Inside the office we simply access email from an external mail server via a gateway PC on the network (running wingate), so the POP and SMTP settings for the "Office" Profile are: pop = 192.168.abc.xyz smtp = 192.168.abc.xyz Outside of the office we access email using dial-up directly to the external mail server, so the POP and SMTP settings for the "Out of Office" Profile are: pop = mail.ourdomain.com smtp = smtp.ispdomain.com The PROBLEM we always have is this, and i...

Password Profile
Hello all Is there a way to create multiple profiles in MS Outlook with password protection each one? regards Everton Sanga See the answer in the portuguese outlook group. -- Ricardo Silva [Outlook MVP] Add-ins for Microsoft(c) Outlook(c) http://www.rsoutlook.com/us/products.html Cyber Ponto Processamento de Dados Ltda- Unidade Com Tour <cybercomtour@gmail.com> wrote: > Is there a way to create multiple profiles in MS Outlook with password > protection each one? You cannot password-protect a mail profile. You can, however, password-protect any PST used in those pr...

Switching OL Profiles
I seem to be unable to switch between my two profiles in OL 2003 without substantial trouble. For a while I was able to do so by closing OL in one profile and restareting it ans selecting the other profile. For the past many months I have had to open the Windows Task Manager after closing OL and stopping Outlook.exe and then restarting OL and selecting the other profile. M<Ore recently, however, even that step almost always fails. I am pretty much down to rebooting the darned computer in order to change profiles. And you know how long that can take. What am I doing wrong ...

Roaming vs Local Profile
Have just installed Windows 7 with Office 2007 on new computer. Previous computer is XP SP3 with Office 2007. Am attempting to migrate the nickname cache from the old computer to the new one. It appears that OL on the new computer is looking for the .nk2 file in: c:\users\(user name)\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Outlook I had expected it to look in: c:\users\(user name)\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook, which is where the .pst file is located. Is there a setting someplace that dictates the location of the nickname cache, and if so, how could I change that? Thanks. ...

ICC Color profiles
I just started looking at Publisher 2003 for the first time, and I can't find any place to configure my ICC profiles. Publisher does support this, right? Thanks in advance. Wrong! -- > Wrong! Am I missing something but how can you use this product if it doesn't support basic ICC color matching? I read that it was supposed to be a replacement for Pagemaker. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_009A_01C38CE9.CE327DF0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Replacement for PageMa...

roaming profile on win2003
I have a few users with roaming profiles and this works fine in when login to XP machine; however, when login to Vista workstation I get an error loading profile and it creates a temp profile. Any ideas? it is really important to have the roaming load due to shortcuts, applications, email, etc. Thanks, Raul Rego NJPIES ...

Maintain different options for each profile?
I have one PC with multiple users. I have created a separate profile for each user. When I log on to my profile, any changes I make under Options seems to affect the other profiles. For instance, I selected the default signature I want for my emails, but it was also applied to the other profiles. If I log on to one of the other profiles and change it there, it changes on my profile too. Is there a way to have separate options for each profile? ...

Customizing Outlook Profiles PRF Files Error Registry
I have a PRF file that I created using the Office Custom Installation Wizard. When I use Outlook to import the prf, I get two error dialogs: Error in registry for extension "Exchange Extension;?". The syntax or format of the registry entry is incorrect. Check the registry settings and compare the registry for this extension to other extensions in the registry. I've tried commenting portions out, but still get the same message. I've attached the most simple PRF that I can get it to create. The errors are generated after account setup. ;Automatically generated PRF file ...

Password protecting multiple profiles in Outlook 2003
We are using Outlook 2003 with some machines supporting multiple users. To accomodate them, we have set up two Outlook profiles under a single Windows XP account. As we have an Exchange environment, I have set the checkbox in the profile options to 'Always prompt for user name and password' and also for Outlook to prompt for profile selection each time. The problem is that Outlook 2003 doesn't actually prompt for the username and password EVERY time it opens. If the user who opens Outlook first is the user whose account the machine is logged into Windows with, Outlook seems to ...

How to sync 2 profiles?
I have 2 profiles in Outlook 2003. I need one to access email while in the office and another to access email on my Sprint wireless card. I need both because the outgoing mail servers are different for each scenario. The irritating thing is trying to keep both profiles in sync. I want them to be mirror images of each other except for the outgoing mail servers (folders and calendars as well as contacts and messages). I've seen stuff that says it syncs from one PC to another, but my profiles are on the same laptop. Has anyone seen anything like this? Same mailbox? are you usin...

HRM SSS Employee Profile email should update back office
Currently, there is no field in the back office that holds the employee email address. There are some user-defined Internet fields, but since they are user defined the Business Portal does not map the email to the back office. The email addresses are currently held in just a Business Portal table that is only viewed in BP. Please consider adding an email address field in the payroll master to map this data to back office. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the &quo...

How to automatically add the Outlook Address Book to users profile.
Hello, Looking for some advice please. We introduced Exchange 2003 to a new site and deployed Outlook 2003 using the CIW but the Outlook Address Book wasn't added to users profiles. That means users can't select recipients from their Contacts folders via the To button when composing a message, plus any messages sent to private distribution lists are bounced. Doh. We've given the users easy-to-follow instructions to add the OAB where it's causing problems. Is there any way to automatically add it by getting the user to click on a file, or on Outllok startup? We don't have...

extra unwanted pst showing up in profile
Hi, In my Outlook 2000, a personal profile's pst just appeared at the bottom of a business profile, inside Outlook. I did not import it and have no idea how it got there - I am the only user at this computer. Outlook will not allow me to delete this set of folders from Control Panel/Mail or from inside Outlook. I cannot close the profile - an error message says an object was not found. I need the profile but cannot have it showing up in my business profile inside Outlook. How do I remove or close it in the business profile? Thanks for any help. Please reply to group rather than e-...

Terminal Servers in Cluster - Login/Profile Issues
Hello Gurus, Currently I am having an issue with logins and profiles as per details below. Server/Network Configuration Details: 1 X Windows Server 2008 Std FE 64bit (DC) 2 X Windows Server 2008 Ent 32bit Terminal Servers User Profiles are Roaming and exist in: \\SBSERVER\Profiles on the Domain Controller and C:\Users\ on the Terminal Servers. Approx 50 users. Problem Description Error messages when logging in the terminal servers: Your roaming profile is not synchronized correctly with the server. Windows will load your previously-saved local profile instead. See the pre...

copy user profiles to new computer
Hello Group, Windows XP Pro SP3 New computer build. I want to copy 4 user profiles from the old computer to the new one. I used the "files and settings transfer wizard" to copy the profiles from the old computer to an external hard drive. My questions: 1. Should I give the new computer the same name as the old one? It seemed like the best thing, so I did so. 2. Should I create user profiles in the new computer in compmgmt.msc before the transfer? I would obviously use the same names, passwords, etc as on the old computer. I seem to remember doing this once before,...

How to assign a username to multiple exchange profiles
Hi, I have a Windows XP PC with Outlook 03. (Although I also have this same problem on another PC with Outlook 07). I have two different emails on two separate exchange hosts. I have created two Mail Profiles and attached one email to each. When I open Outlook, I am prompted to select which Profile to use, and then I am prompted for a username and password. The username is already filled in, i.e. guessed by Windows/ Outlook. The password ALWAYS needs to be typed in. The problem is that Outlook/ Windows always guesses the username as the last one used. This means, if I clo...

Exchange in Same Profile with POP and MSN accounts?
Using Outlook 2003 with WinXP SP2. Want to interface my Outlook to a Small Business Server with Exchange for an Email account. Can I do this in the same profile that I have other email connections to POP accounts and a Hotmail/MSN account. Or does the Exchange have to be in a separate profile? Have problems trying to get it in the same profile, though it currently works if I create a new profile for it. On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 10:15:21 -0800, Al Franz wrote: > Using Outlook 2003 with WinXP SP2. Want to interface my Outlook to a Small > Business Server with Exchange for an Em...

Can I change my profile name without causing any damage to my files
Hello: Can I change my profile name without causing any damage to my files. Thank you Sure, just go to control panel and create a new profile, name it anything that you want. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Douse asked: | Hello: | Can I change my profile name without causing any damage | to my files. | | Thank you ...

Sharing Outlook between profiles?
I am running a 2k server (no exchange server) and need the laptops that connect into the domain to be able to view and send emails when connected, and when disconnected. The laptops have just been reloaded after using Novell. The advantage of the novell client was that it used the same local profile for connecting into the domain, and when using the workstation only. With the 2k server however, it uses one profile for the domain, and one for the local workstation. This is where Outlook 2000 is falling over... Please help... ...

Profiles in Outlook XP
My fathers Outlook will not work. It continually comes up with the error that there have been no profiles created. There are however profiles. I have gone into mail in Control Panel and created new profiles; uninstalled office and reinstalled; uninstalled office, deleted all folders and then reinstalled. All of this to no avail. It does not seem to want to recognize the profiles. Does anyone know what is wrong? Thanks John If it gives the message that "no profiles are created", do you not have an option to create one, from that same screen? I've noticed that if...

Why does Exchange create its own profiles?
I had to recreate a user's Outlook profile, and when I went into the Control Panel, Mail, there were 35 BACKUP profiles, just called BACKUP ## or Outlook. I removed them, did the work I had to do, and checked again, and another one had been created. This one user gets this every time they open Outlook. Has anyone else come across this, or have any suggestions on what to check? We use Exchange 2003. ...

Can't send from new profile
I created a second profile in outlook 2003. The original works fine, bu I can only receive emails. When I send an email it seems like it i working fine but it is never received. There is no error message Anyone know what to do -- todd_gac ----------------------------------------------------------------------- todd_gack's Profile: http://www.officehelp.in/member.php?userid=435 View this thread: http://www.officehelp.in/showthread.php?t=119837 Posted from - http://www.officehelp.i ...