Outlook 2007 Not Working after IE8B2 Install

Outlook 2007 has stopped working since I installed IE8 beta 2

I start OL2007 - the "blank" screen and splash are displayed along with a
Windows Installer dialogue box with the text "Preparing to install...".  I
gave it half an hour it just sits there, I killed OL and rebooted, OL asked
if I wanted to start in Safe Mode I responded in the affirmative but the
Windows Installer window is still there.

Neither Task Manager, Process Explorer nor System Explorer show a Task or
Process for an installer.

The Windows Installer window is owned by the Outlook 2007 process, its class
name is #32770 (I think all modal dialogs are 32770's), the OL process also
owns an msoSplash and an rctrl_renwnd32 window.

What should I do?  Uninstall IE 8 Beta 2 and go back to Beta 1 - that could
be another can of worms.   Reinstall OL2007?   Other ?

Does word work? if so, try office diagnostics from there. If not, you'll
need to uninstall it.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.

"Urbane Tiger" <viking.warrior@live.com.au> wrote in message
> Outlook 2007 has stopped working since I installed IE8 beta 2
>
> I start OL2007 - the "blank" screen and splash are displayed along with a
> Windows Installer dialogue box with the text "Preparing to install...".  I
> gave it half an hour it just sits there, I killed OL and rebooted, OL
> asked if I wanted to start in Safe Mode I responded in the affirmative but
> the Windows Installer window is still there.
>
> Neither Task Manager, Process Explorer nor System Explorer show a Task or
> Process for an installer.
>
> The Windows Installer window is owned by the Outlook 2007 process, its
> class name is #32770 (I think all modal dialogs are 32770's), the OL
> process also owns an msoSplash and an rctrl_renwnd32 window.
>
> What should I do?  Uninstall IE 8 Beta 2 and go back to Beta 1 - that
> could be another can of worms.   Reinstall OL2007?   Other ?

0
outlookmvp (5838)

Office 2007 Pro Plus
Earlier this year my company upgraded all of us to Office 2007. I read about some of the changes and was somewhat excited! Like the ability to have spreadsheets of more than 65K rows and 256 columns. In my job duties I often look at data in Access that is hundreds of thousands of lines long. More than 256 columns seldom comes into play , it's really the rows that initially made me happy. Now I could export these large tables to excel spreadsheets and manipulate the data in excel. Well now the ability of Excel to handle more than 65K rows seems more like a curse than anything else!! Recent...

Install this internet package from MS Corporation
--rwucuosxjmw Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="wvfaazvnt"; type="multipart/alternative" --wvfaazvnt Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="dpzsgxlysayp" --dpzsgxlysayp Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to help protect your computer from these vulnerabilities, the most...

Sharing tasks in OL 2007
We have a staff Atty office which keeps task lists for Civil (CV) and Criminal (CR) cases by year. There are like 2 - 3 for every year such as CV09 and CR09, however they track for more than just the current year. The person that creates these lists uses some user defined fields so when new users get these shared, they have to create the same fields. My question relates to the inconsistent behavior of the field when adding it to a new task list. Sometimes, the user enters a new field and it is available for subsequent task lists and other times the user has to add teh same new...

Office 2007 and Windows 7 Multilingual Issue
Hi All, Need some help setting up multilingual for Office 2007. Here's what I have: OS: Windowns 2007 Enterprise Office: Office 2007 Pro w/ SP2 Language Pack: Install several language packs thru the Windows 7 Update process So, here's the thing. I can't get the UI in the office apps (WOrd, Excel, etc) to display the language I want. For example, I want the ribbon to display in Chinese. Reading thru the documentations from Microsoft, it saids I need to select the laugage in the "Display Language" tab on All Programs -> Microsoft Office -> M...

Outlook user profiles

Install of Student and Teacher Edition
I purchased this software for my Daughter who will be attending University over in England next fall. If I install it on her iBook and on her iMac and one other household Mac, will she still be able to use the software when she moves to England? The statement "Rights to install on three computers in your household." is what I have a question about. Does household mean physicall location as in my home or does the three istalls include a laptop that is nolonger in the US? Thanks, Soon to be a poorer dad :-) Pete You'd have to read the small print in the EULA, but I'm guess...

Error "Money is not properly installed..."
"Please try setup again". I am getting the error above after changeing the non-system drives letters on my system (after adding a new drive). The info I found (to run money.exe with -s or to run the salvage tool) didn't help. The "-s" option runs into the same issue, salvage is reporting a badly damaged file. After hitting "ok", I get a new window with options to open, create, restore or repair a file. Restore, open and repair are all failing. Create new reports "The new file c:\t.mny" can not be created ...". I was using Money 2000. ...

Synchronise Outlook 2003

Sharing Outlook #2

Work Order Vs Backorder
I am trying to establish an easy way for my cashiers to take special orders for items not in database. I have found helpful posts that suggest using WO's. However (if I am understanding correctly) a workorder cannot be used in combination with items currently in stock. Ex: customer buys a dog collar off the floor and wants to buy a lead that we have never carried. Can both items be placed on same transaction? I really do not want to make the customer make two separate purchases. It seems using a generic SKU on a backorder would allow me to do this. Are there any pitfalls here...

new email notification doesn't work?
In Outlook 2003, I have the option set for the semi-transparent notification window to pop up when I get new email, but it never does. Is there something I'm not doing right? Does it only come up in certain situations? Btw, I'm using the regular Inbox with a POP3 account. -- John Salerno Do you have rules moving your email to folders after receipt? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searchi...

Protecting a sheet (yet allowing buttons/macros to work)?
I'm new to the button/macro feature of Excel (even though I've been assigning macros to _toolbars_ for years <g>!) So, I don't even know if what I need to do can be done: Ideally, it would be nice if I could protect all the sheets or even better the workbook in one fell swoop, so that no-one could accidentally delete the buttons YET that would still allow the macros to work. I've tried everything I know and the best I seem to be able to do, yes, protects the buttons but I the macros stop working and display a ""Run-time error '1004'". T...

2 spaces as a typo in PowerPoint 2007
Is there any to have 2 spaces be a typo in PowerPoint 2007 like it is in Word? Yup, under Office button choose PowerPoint Options from the bottom right corner. From the new menu choose Proofing. Under AutoCorrect Options... you have the opportunity to add various typos you wish PowerPoint to correct. Kristiina AndyA wrote: >Is there any to have 2 spaces be a typo in PowerPoint 2007 like it is in Word? -- I help with Excel and PowerPoint Office ToDo http://www.officetodo.com Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/powerpoint/201005/1 ...

M2003 Deluxe not responding when I try to do tax work
When I try to go into Tax Estimator and click on a link there, or look at tax reports, M2003 Deluxe freezes. What is the fix? It may well just be that you have to wait longer. Have you tried that approach? My 2.2 GHz P4 takes the better part of a (not responding, 100% CPU, hourglass, et al.) minute to get into Tax Estimator on M04. (And then the text rendering is trashed besides.) M03 was no faster. "dutchman001" <dutchman001@email.msn.com> wrote in message news:uKHHC9I0DHA.3196@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > When I try to go into Tax Estimator and click on a link there, or ...

Importing Outlook 2003 to Win 98 Outlook

Question regarding instal
Im the It Director at a Mortgage company and we want to use CRM 3.0 I think I have a problem though based on the CRM edition I have. First of I have a Domain already running on Server 2003 Enterprise Edition. The CRM 3.0 I have is Small Business Edition. From what I have read I have to install this on Small business Server 2003. That's not a problem I have Small Business server 2003 Standard and Premium. I think my problem is this Small Business Edition wants to be a Domain Controller and Active Directory. As I said I already have this running. ..I installed Server 2003 Small Buisness Pre...

Sending URL in Outlook XP

Outlook Signatures #4

Grouping will not work
I have data in columns A through FG and in rows 1 to 105. I have the months as the column headings, and each Jan-November is grouped to collapse into December using the Group feature on the Data menu. When I go to collapse the view to only display the December columns, after I collapse about 3 of the groupings, excel errors out and tells me it cannot collapse any additional groups because it will have to shift objects off-sheet. How can it be that I ave over 90 unused columns and I am actually making the viewing area less yet still getting tis error. I have tried closing and re-open...

Installer Package
Is there a way to include Service Pack 2 for Dynamic GP 10 in an installer package. You better off downloading the entire Feature Pack 1 DVD image from customer source and upgrading from there. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblosgter.blogspot.com "GPNut" wrote: > Is there a way to include Service Pack 2 for Dynamic GP 10 in an > installer package. > That would be "no". You can set up an automatic patch application by setting ...

Outlook 2003 cuts off lines