Outlook 2007 doesn't appear in Set Program Access and Defaults

I just installed Office 2007 Pro but for some reason Outlook 2007
doesn't appear in my "set program access and defaults". Outlook
Express appears as my only option and Outlook Express appears in the e-
mail slot on my start menu. Any ideas why?

0
MBurland (4)

You must uninstall any prior version of Outlook and re-run setup using a =
custom installation and make Outlook available.

--=81
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading. =20

After furious head scratching, wjousts asked:

| I just installed Office 2007 Pro but for some reason Outlook 2007
| doesn't appear in my "set program access and defaults". Outlook
| Express appears as my only option and Outlook Express appears in the
| e- mail slot on my start menu. Any ideas why?
0
MillyS (3228)
2/1/2007 11:47:46 PM
I did upgrade from Office 2003, but I didn't have Outlook 2003
installed. I guess I may just have to try a clean install and see if
it fixes the problem.

On Feb 1, 6:47 pm, "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]"
<Mil...@donteventhinkaboutmailingmeatmvps.org> wrote:
> You must uninstall any prior version of Outlook and re-run setup using a custom installation and make Outlook available.
>
> --
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

> reading.
>
> After furious head scratching, wjousts asked:
>
> | I just installed Office 2007 Pro but for some reason Outlook 2007
> | doesn't appear in my "set program access and defaults". Outlook
> | Express appears as my only option and Outlook Express appears in the
> | e- mail slot on my start menu. Any ideas why?

0
MBurland (4)
2/1/2007 11:53:22 PM
wjousts <MBurland@gmail.com> wrote:

> I just installed Office 2007 Pro but for some reason Outlook 2007
> doesn't appear in my "set program access and defaults". Outlook
> Express appears as my only option and Outlook Express appears in the
> e- mail slot on my start menu. Any ideas why?

Outlook doesn't appear in the Set Program Access and Defaults dialogue even
when installed correctly.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)
2/2/2007 1:16:59 PM
On Feb 2, 8:16 am, "Brian Tillman" <tillman1...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> wjousts <MBurl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I just installed Office 2007 Pro but for some reason Outlook 2007
> > doesn't appear in my "set program access and defaults". Outlook
> > Express appears as my only option and Outlook Express appears in the
> > e- mail slot on my start menu. Any ideas why?
>
> Outlook doesn't appear in the Set Program Access and Defaults dialogue even
> when installed correctly.
> --
> Brian Tillman

Any idea why?

0
MBurland (4)
2/3/2007 1:08:04 AM
I found this article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/297878 useful for
fixing the problem. Outlook still doesn't appear in set program access
and defaults, but by changing the [HKCU\Software\Clients\Mail] key I
was able to get it to appear in the e-mail slot of the start menu.
Now I have to figure out why my EZ anti-spam is only working in my
account and not my wife's.

On Feb 2, 8:08 pm, "wjousts" <MBurl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Feb 2, 8:16 am, "Brian Tillman" <tillman1...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > wjousts <MBurl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > I just installed Office 2007 Pro but for some reason Outlook 2007
> > > doesn't appear in my "set program access and defaults". Outlook
> > > Express appears as my only option and Outlook Express appears in the
> > > e- mail slot on my start menu. Any ideas why?
>
> > Outlook doesn't appear in the Set Program Access and Defaults dialogue even
> > when installed correctly.
> > --
> > Brian Tillman
>
> Any idea why?

0
MBurland (4)
2/3/2007 1:58:39 PM
Before tinkering with the registry, I would have ensured the start menu was
configured to show it. (r-click on start menu, properties, start menu tab)

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"wjousts" <MBurland@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I found this article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/297878 useful for
> fixing the problem. Outlook still doesn't appear in set program access
> and defaults, but by changing the [HKCU\Software\Clients\Mail] key I
> was able to get it to appear in the e-mail slot of the start menu.
> Now I have to figure out why my EZ anti-spam is only working in my
> account and not my wife's.
>
> On Feb 2, 8:08 pm, "wjousts" <MBurl...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> > Outlook doesn't appear in the Set Program Access and Defaults dialogue
>> > even
>> > when installed correctly.
>> > --
>> > Brian Tillman
>>
>> Any idea why?

0
outlookmvp (5838)

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook

projecting the notes pages in PPT 2007

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

What's the rootname appearing in System Manager
Hello, I am looking at a SBS server in a domain called "whatever.nl", with a computername "win2003". When I open the System Manager, the top element is called "MAILSERVER (Exchange)". Is this a default name, or something chosen during installation of Exchange? Also, when I open Server Management, under advanced management there's a node for the Exchange System Manager, however the name is "First Organization (Exchange)". When I highlight it, the name changes to "MAILSERVER (Exchange)". Is that normal? -M Hi, the name of the to...

Voice connector on Exchange server 2007.

Reporting from Project Server

Outlook Sales

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails

using the journal on outlook

cannot open hyper links in outlook

outlook 97 and express email problems