Outlook 2007: Disable Security Certificate Warning

When I start Outlook 2007, I get the following error:
The server you are connected to is using a security certificate that
cannot be verified. The revocation function was unable to check
revocation because the revocation server was offline. Do you want to
continue using this server?

This happens every time I start Outlook, and I'm not sure why. Is there
a way to disable this prompt, so it always uses this server?

Cheers,
Chase

0
ccheviron (5)

Hi Chase,

The prompt means that something is wrong the security certificate your
server uses for your SSL/TLS connection. You cannot just disable the
prompt, you have to resolve the underlying security issue. This is a
security feature and the absence of a "never show this dialog again"
checkbox is on purpose.
Click on View Certificate in that dialog and see what the problem is. Is
the certificate expired? Does it have no signature or if it has a
signature, whose is it? You should be able to click through the tabs and
find that information. If not, let me know and I'll point you directly
to it.

Patrick Schmid
--------------
http://pschmid.net

"Chase" <ccheviron@gmail.com> wrote in message

> When I start Outlook 2007, I get the following error:
> The server you are connected to is using a security certificate that
> cannot be verified. The revocation function was unable to check
> revocation because the revocation server was offline. Do you want to
> continue using this server?
>
> This happens every time I start Outlook, and I'm not sure why. Is there
> a way to disable this prompt, so it always uses this server?
>
> Cheers,
> Chase

0
pds-ms (175)
6/4/2006 3:49:33 PM
Hey Patrick,
Thanks for the reply. The certificate is fine; it doesn't expire until
2007. I checked all the details and they are fine. When I click the
"Certification Path" tab, the status indicates that the certificate is
OK as well. Ideas? The certificate is for mail.uni.edu

-chase
Patrick Schmid wrote:

> Hi Chase,
>
> The prompt means that something is wrong the security certificate your
> server uses for your SSL/TLS connection. You cannot just disable the
> prompt, you have to resolve the underlying security issue. This is a
> security feature and the absence of a "never show this dialog again"
> checkbox is on purpose.
> Click on View Certificate in that dialog and see what the problem is. Is
> the certificate expired? Does it have no signature or if it has a
> signature, whose is it? You should be able to click through the tabs and
> find that information. If not, let me know and I'll point you directly
> to it.
>
> Patrick Schmid
> --------------
> http://pschmid.net
>
> "Chase" <ccheviron@gmail.com> wrote in message
>
> > When I start Outlook 2007, I get the following error:
> > The server you are connected to is using a security certificate that
> > cannot be verified. The revocation function was unable to check
> > revocation because the revocation server was offline. Do you want to
> > continue using this server?
> >
> > This happens every time I start Outlook, and I'm not sure why. Is there
> > a way to disable this prompt, so it always uses this server?
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Chase

0
ccheviron (5)
6/5/2006 7:49:14 AM
Same problem here - 2 different certificates, expire 2007/9, certificate
status show "ok", both were working correctly so far (Outlook 2003) and in
some way still are (browser based mail access). Any ideas?

"Chase" wrote:

> Hey Patrick,
> Thanks for the reply. The certificate is fine; it doesn't expire until
> 2007. I checked all the details and they are fine. When I click the
> "Certification Path" tab, the status indicates that the certificate is
> OK as well. Ideas? The certificate is for mail.uni.edu
>
> -chase
> Patrick Schmid wrote:
>
> > Hi Chase,
> >
> > The prompt means that something is wrong the security certificate your
> > server uses for your SSL/TLS connection. You cannot just disable the
> > prompt, you have to resolve the underlying security issue. This is a
> > security feature and the absence of a "never show this dialog again"
> > checkbox is on purpose.
> > Click on View Certificate in that dialog and see what the problem is. Is
> > the certificate expired? Does it have no signature or if it has a
> > signature, whose is it? You should be able to click through the tabs and
> > find that information. If not, let me know and I'll point you directly
> > to it.
> >
> > Patrick Schmid
> > --------------
> > http://pschmid.net
> >
> > "Chase" <ccheviron@gmail.com> wrote in message
> >
> > > When I start Outlook 2007, I get the following error:
> > > The server you are connected to is using a security certificate that
> > > cannot be verified. The revocation function was unable to check
> > > revocation because the revocation server was offline. Do you want to
> > > continue using this server?
> > >
> > > This happens every time I start Outlook, and I'm not sure why. Is there
> > > a way to disable this prompt, so it always uses this server?
> > >
> > > Cheers,
> > > Chase

0
marcin (5)
6/6/2006 8:34:01 PM
I have a similar problem, except when I click the "View Certificate" button,
Outlook crashes.  Has anyone else seen this?  Is there a way to report this
issue directly to MS?

~ Chris

"Patrick Schmid" wrote:

> Hi Chase,
>
> The prompt means that something is wrong the security certificate your
> server uses for your SSL/TLS connection. You cannot just disable the
> prompt, you have to resolve the underlying security issue. This is a
> security feature and the absence of a "never show this dialog again"
> checkbox is on purpose.
> Click on View Certificate in that dialog and see what the problem is. Is
> the certificate expired? Does it have no signature or if it has a
> signature, whose is it? You should be able to click through the tabs and
> find that information. If not, let me know and I'll point you directly
> to it.
>
> Patrick Schmid
> --------------
> http://pschmid.net
>
> "Chase" <ccheviron@gmail.com> wrote in message
>
> > When I start Outlook 2007, I get the following error:
> > The server you are connected to is using a security certificate that
> > cannot be verified. The revocation function was unable to check
> > revocation because the revocation server was offline. Do you want to
> > continue using this server?
> >
> > This happens every time I start Outlook, and I'm not sure why. Is there
> > a way to disable this prompt, so it always uses this server?
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Chase

0
G1 (145)
6/6/2006 11:03:01 PM
Yes, I've sent the error reports.  I just wonder if MS could use more
contextual information about the crash (though I don't really know what goes
into the error report for sure).  I suppose I'd need to be an official Office
2007 Beta tester to give them a full bug report?

~ Chris

"Patrick Schmid" wrote:

> Does it ask you to send an error report to Microsoft? If yes, do you
> send it?
>
> Patrick Schmid
> --------------
> http://pschmid.net
>
> "Chris G" <Chris G@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>
> > I have a similar problem, except when I click the "View Certificate" button,
> > Outlook crashes.  Has anyone else seen this?  Is there a way to report this
> > issue directly to MS?
> >
> > ~ Chris
> >
> > "Patrick Schmid" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Chase,
> > >
> > > The prompt means that something is wrong the security certificate your
> > > server uses for your SSL/TLS connection. You cannot just disable the
> > > prompt, you have to resolve the underlying security issue. This is a
> > > security feature and the absence of a "never show this dialog again"
> > > checkbox is on purpose.
> > > Click on View Certificate in that dialog and see what the problem is. Is
> > > the certificate expired? Does it have no signature or if it has a
> > > signature, whose is it? You should be able to click through the tabs and
> > > find that information. If not, let me know and I'll point you directly
> > > to it.
> > >
> > > Patrick Schmid
> > > --------------
> > > http://pschmid.net
> > >
> > > "Chase" <ccheviron@gmail.com> wrote in message

0
ChrisG (19)

Outlook Sales

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

Voice connector on Exchange server 2007.

Invalid Account on the Security Tab
I deleted an account from AD, and it was listed under the security tab of my server (in ESM), to have full mailbox rights to the information store. I tried removing the inherited permissions, and removing the acct. The I set the inherited permissions back, and the invalid acct. comes back. Does anyone know how I can remove this invalid acct. from the security tab? Thanks. Remove it from the top-level where it was granted permissions. When you set inherited permissions and the account comes back, that means that that account has been granted permissions at a higher level. If you'v...

Print Screen Key disabled

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

projecting the notes pages in PPT 2007

allowing relaying... security issues
We are using Exchange 2000 on an SBS 2000 machine. We signed up with Spam Soap - an outside company to provide incoming/outgoing SMTP mail filtering . As part of their service, you also configure them as a "smart host". This is configured in the virtual SMTP Server area - in the advanced options for delivery. Also, in order to have this work properly, the SMTP Connector we had configured in the 'Connectors' area also had to be removed. We have an in-house VB .net application that automatically sends auto-generated emails. This particular application is configured and...

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook

Great Plains Certifications
HI All, I recently wrote the Great Plains install and configure exam. for anybody that is planning to write it, I can say that the exam is fair and does not cover any material not in the manual. I would like to write the financials exam as well, but I need some guidance or direction as to what material to focus on. i do have all the manuals, but please let me know if you are aware of any additional resources. thanks Yolande Hi Yolande, There are preparation guides available for each exam out on PartnerSource. This guide lists all the different offerings available that can help yo...

cannot open hyper links in outlook

outlook 97 and express email problems

using the journal on outlook

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails

Unusual Security Audits
be happening. At one point there was 350 audits in 1 second, the same 4 events repeated, special logon, logon, Kerberos Service Ticket Operations, Logoff. I disabled IPv6 and found things are running a little better, but I'm still getting a lot of strange logon and logoffs. Can anyone give me guidance of how to figure out what is causing this and possibly how to fix it? Thanks! Jake Here is an example of a logon event: An account was successfully logged on. Subject: Security ID: NULL SID Account Name: - Account Domain: - ...

q Emailing Excel Sheet With Outlook