Outlook 2007 : Data file not found

Greetings all,

I am currently using Outlook 2007 running on a Vista machine; in case that
helps resolve the problem I am having.

I have created a new pst file and copied all of the information I wish to
save from an old pst file.  When I go to my accounts, I have set my new pst
data file as the default and attempted to remove the old one.  I am told it
cannot be removed because there is configuration information being copied.
Well, I have exhausted my patience giving Outlook over a month to copy that
configuration information.  I am still unable to remove the old pst from my
account list.

Can someone please tell me how to force this?

--
Bob Mixon
Microsoft SharePoint (MOSS) MVP

0
bob.mixon1 (10)

Bob Mixon, you  wrote on Sat, 24 Mar 2007 00:21:39 -0700:

> I have created a new pst file and copied all of the information I wish to
> save from an old pst file.  When I go to my accounts, I have set my new pst
> data file as the default and attempted to remove the old one.  I am told it
> cannot be removed because there is configuration information being copied.
> Well, I have exhausted my patience giving Outlook over a month to copy that
> configuration information.  I am still unable to remove the old pst from my
> account list.

Apparently your Outlook profile is damaged. Try to fix it with [1]; if
this does not help you have to create a new profile.

[1] http://olfolders.de/Lang/English/OLfix/index.htm

--
Best Regards
Christian Goeller

MS Money 95 data files

outlook.exe not terminating
I'm running Office XP with Outlook 2002 under Windows XP Pro, current as of today, except that I have reverted the IE update to the previous version of mshtml.dll that scrolls correctly (this has had no effect on the problem I am about to describe). I typically have a lot of applications running - no big deal as I have a 3.04 P4 with 1GB of memory. A problem that happens several times a day is that outlook.exe remains in the Task Manager process list after I shut Outlook down. In older versions, there used to be a message that said "Please wait while Outlook shuts down&qu...

Outlook needs Outlook Express to work

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Rollup 2 and Office 2007

Excel 2007