Outlook 2007: "Cannot save free/busy information"

Hi, all

I have been getting the error message "Cannot save free/busy information"
from Outlook frequently these days. It started when we changed our
configuration from connecting to an Exchange server on the LAN to using a
proxy Exchange server that forwards (I imagine) to another Exchange server
on a different LAN.

I have my profile configured to deliver to a local PST file.

It seems that Outlook does successfully update free/busy info on the server
sometimes; the error message appears fairly randomly - e.g. sometimes when I
delete a meeting request, but not every time.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

- rick

0
rbc.sap (2)

I would try posting this to an Exchange group if using the /cleanfreebusy
switch does not do it for you.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After furious head scratching, rick cameron asked:

| Hi, all
|
| I have been getting the error message "Cannot save free/busy
| information" from Outlook frequently these days. It started when we
| changed our configuration from connecting to an Exchange server on
| the LAN to using a proxy Exchange server that forwards (I imagine) to
| another Exchange server on a different LAN.
|
| I have my profile configured to deliver to a local PST file.
|
| It seems that Outlook does successfully update free/busy info on the
| server sometimes; the error message appears fairly randomly - e.g.
| sometimes when I delete a meeting request, but not every time.
|
| Any ideas?
|
| Thanks!
|
| - rick

0
Milly
9/20/2008 10:04:25 AM
Thanks for the suggestion Milly.

I tried starting Outlook with the /cleanfreebusy switch and I got an error
message: Cannot clean your local free/busy information.

Any thoughts?

Cheers

- rick

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" <what@ever> wrote in message
>I would try posting this to an Exchange group if using the /cleanfreebusy
> switch does not do it for you.
>
> --
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact.
> How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375
>

> After furious head scratching, rick cameron asked:
>
> | Hi, all
> |
> | I have been getting the error message "Cannot save free/busy
> | information" from Outlook frequently these days. It started when we
> | changed our configuration from connecting to an Exchange server on
> | the LAN to using a proxy Exchange server that forwards (I imagine) to
> | another Exchange server on a different LAN.
> |
> | I have my profile configured to deliver to a local PST file.
> |
> | It seems that Outlook does successfully update free/busy info on the
> | server sometimes; the error message appears fairly randomly - e.g.
> | sometimes when I delete a meeting request, but not every time.
> |
> | Any ideas?
> |
> | Thanks!
> |
> | - rick

0
rbc.sap (2)
9/23/2008 7:44:08 PM
Is the command line switch in the proper syntax?

Start->run->outlook.exe /cleanreminders.  Note the space after the .exe =
and before the /

--=81
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After furious head scratching, rick cameron asked:

| Thanks for the suggestion Milly.
|=20
| I tried starting Outlook with the /cleanfreebusy switch and I got an
| error message: Cannot clean your local free/busy information.
|=20
| Any thoughts?
|=20
| Cheers
|=20
| - rick
|=20
| "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" <what@ever> wrote in message
|| I would try posting this to an Exchange group if using the
|| /cleanfreebusy switch does not do it for you.
||=20
|| --
|| Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
||=20
|| Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact.
|| How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375
||=20
||=20
|| After furious head scratching, rick cameron asked:
||=20
||| Hi, all
|||=20
||| I have been getting the error message "Cannot save free/busy
||| information" from Outlook frequently these days. It started when we
||| changed our configuration from connecting to an Exchange server on
||| the LAN to using a proxy Exchange server that forwards (I imagine)
||| to another Exchange server on a different LAN.
|||=20
||| I have my profile configured to deliver to a local PST file.
|||=20
||| It seems that Outlook does successfully update free/busy info on the
||| server sometimes; the error message appears fairly randomly - e.g.
||| sometimes when I delete a meeting request, but not every time.
|||=20
||| Any ideas?
|||=20
||| Thanks!
|||=20
||| - rick
0
Milly
9/24/2008 9:20:32 AM
See
http://wadingthrough.wordpress.com/2006/07/31/unable-to-clean-local-freebusy-information/.
If that fails, a new profile and pst or mailbox should fix it.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.

"rick cameron" <rbc.sap@newsgroup.nospam> wrote in message
> Thanks for the suggestion Milly.
>
> I tried starting Outlook with the /cleanfreebusy switch and I got an error
> message: Cannot clean your local free/busy information.
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> Cheers
>
> - rick
>
> "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" <what@ever> wrote in message
>>I would try posting this to an Exchange group if using the /cleanfreebusy
>> switch does not do it for you.
>>
>> --
>> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
>>
>> Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact.
>> How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375
>>

>> After furious head scratching, rick cameron asked:
>>
>> | Hi, all
>> |
>> | I have been getting the error message "Cannot save free/busy
>> | information" from Outlook frequently these days. It started when we
>> | changed our configuration from connecting to an Exchange server on
>> | the LAN to using a proxy Exchange server that forwards (I imagine) to
>> | another Exchange server on a different LAN.
>> |
>> | I have my profile configured to deliver to a local PST file.
>> |
>> | It seems that Outlook does successfully update free/busy info on the
>> | server sometimes; the error message appears fairly randomly - e.g.
>> | sometimes when I delete a meeting request, but not every time.
>> |
>> | Any ideas?
>> |
>> | Thanks!
>> |
>> | - rick

0