Outlook 2007, Arrange By:

My Inbox insists on arranging by 'From' and stays collapsed. It's annoying
when you're switching back forth between the main folders. I've tried all
the different ways of customizing views and defining views, but none of
these will stay the way I change them. I've even tried reinstalling Outlook
2007. How can I get it to do what I want it to do?
wiersma7

Right click on the Subject lie and select Customize View and pick your =
poison

--=20
Peter

"wiersma7" <office@parkwoodchurch.com> wrote in message =
> My Inbox insists on arranging by 'From' and stays collapsed. It's =
annoying=20
> when you're switching back forth between the main folders. I've tried =
all=20
> the different ways of customizing views and defining views, but none =
of=20
> these will stay the way I change them. I've even tried reinstalling =
Outlook=20
> 2007. How can I get it to do what I want it to do?
> wiersma7=20

0
okf221 (388)
10/8/2008 6:55:49 PM
Oooops lie should read line. Sorry . Either mind or finger is off kilter =
today

--=20
Peter

"Peter Foldes" <okf22@hotmail.com> wrote in message =
Right click on the Subject lie and select Customize View and pick your =
poison

--=20
Peter

"wiersma7" <office@parkwoodchurch.com> wrote in message =
> My Inbox insists on arranging by 'From' and stays collapsed. It's =
annoying=20
> when you're switching back forth between the main folders. I've tried =
all=20
> the different ways of customizing views and defining views, but none =
of=20
> these will stay the way I change them. I've even tried reinstalling =
Outlook=20
> 2007. How can I get it to do what I want it to do?
> wiersma7=20

0
okf221 (388)

Money 2007 E-Pay
Noticed this morning when I was paying my bills this anomaly. Perhaps I am missing something. Scenario: Paying a credit card bill. In Money 2004 (my previous version of Money) I would use Credit Card as the category and in the subcategory use the particular credit card account I was paying. Worked great. Money 2007, there is a new category named Credit Cards/Transfer. When selecting this there are no payee categories listed. However further down the list is another category named Credit Card. Using Credit Card shows the various payees. Not sure what the difference is between Credit C...

How to properly transfer an outlook.pst file?
For years I have struggled with "transferring" Outlook's .pst file, e.g., when doing a complete re-install of Windows or when a client buys a new PC and wants their Outlook data transferred from their backup files. Invariably something gets botched up and this usually means I have to spend hours trying to resolve the mess created. I am assuming there must be a proper way to do this and obviously I'm not doing it. What I'm hoping for is that someone will provide a step-by-step procedure that WORKS. My general practice has been to install Office, open Outlook and cre...

How do i set up outlook 7 with sky broadband?
I have been through the set up process hundreds of times and run up a huge phone bill with sky trying to set up my outlook since we changed from orange to sky as our ISP. I have gone through the help pages and gone onto sky eforum but it still doesnt work. Any help would be great. Cheers. Susie Which settings did you use? What exactly isn't working? Which error messages are being returned to you? Do you have a virus scanner installed which integrates itself with Outlook? Uninstall this integration part of your virus scanner and try again; you'd still be sufficiently pr...

Saving User Settings in Outlook...
Hello everyone, Does anyone know how to save the user settings for MS outlook 2003? Thanks to all who reply, Ismael The reason I would like to be able to save the user settings is so I'll be able to restore these settings should I need to in case I had to do a clean install of WinXP and office 2003 either on the same computer of on another newly bought computer. Thanks to all who reply, Ismael "Ismael" <I_Tena@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ueqwqfaHGHA.2948@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hello everyone, > > Does anyone know how to save the user setting...

Importing Outlook data into Access 2003
I recently reinstalled Office 2003 and have encountered the following problem: I want to import my contacts in Outlook into an Access 2003 database. When I go to File/Get External data, there is no option to import from Outlook. In fact, the only choices I'm given are Microsoft Access, Windows Sharepoint Services, XML and ODBC databases. How can I enable the options I've had in past installations of Access? Thanks in advance, Pic Select Full install instead of typical Pieter "Pic" <compuBUTNOTTHIStoot@att.net> wrote in message news:uqqbh3t26icr6bo0httq2b6640b78pq56...

Outlook Notes #4
How do you change the look of Notes from full-screen to a smaller size. There are no drag handles or "top right hand corner" options. Sounds like you dragged it too big or maximized it. Can you double-click the blue bar at the top? <-*-><-*-><-*-><-*-><-*-><-*-><-*-><-*-> Hope this helps! Anne Troy (better known as Dreamboat) Author: Dreamboat on Word Email: Dreamboat*at*Piersontech.com Web: www.TheOfficeExperts.com "David" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:170d701c420ee$0960a350$a001280a@...

Multiple Outlook #2
I imported an Outlook 2000 pst file into Outlook 2003. Now when I open Outlook my Personal Folders appears 4 times in the left hand "All Mail Folders" When I close Outlook it gives me an error and msvbvm60.dll is mentioned. Any help on how to correct this issue would be greatly appreciated. Mick ...

Outlook 2003 Cant get to newsgroups
I dragged the NEWS icon from tools/customize/commands/go to the GO button on the tool bar. It worked fine then I got on a newsgroup and a posting that read "payback" multiple times. I didnot open the attachment. Next time I tryied to go to NEWS it was not there. How can I get newsgroup access back? Tryied reinstalling Outlook2003 and Office 2003 with no luck. Expect the answer to be in registry. Help please. I got the similar problem and got the fix. Here is what you need to do: - add the NEWS button under Go menu - accept Outlook Express is your default NEWS client - c...

Cannot send mail from outlook, error 0x800CCC78
This message started to appear back in Sept and I haven't been able to send e-mail from Outlook ever since (apart from a 2 day period in Novemeber when the issue disappeared just as quickly as it appeared). I now have to cut and paste e-mail i recieve into the e-mail interface of my provider in order to get e-mail sent. I have posted this error 3 times now and haven't got a solution, plenty of questions about versions, platforms, port numbers etc etc, but no fix. Judging by the hits on google to this, it is and established problem. Come on Microsoft, do your stuff.....

Outlook attachments #9
Can you seach for any powerpoint attachments in an outlook folder? Hit Ctrl+Shift+F to bring up the advanced find form. Then search by "ppt" in "frequently-used text fields." That will search all fields for the term "ppt" which should find all the files that have a .ppt extention. I just tried it, and it seemed to work on mine. --Colin Jensen ...

2007 calendar
How can I create a 1 page 2007 calendar in publisher? File, new, publications for print, calendars, select one, select yearly... click Change date range. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "Angel" <Angel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7253E645-B0BA-4B90-BF7E-7083802EA379@microsoft.com... > How can I create a 1 page 2007 calendar in publisher? ...

Outlook vs. Netscape
Hello all, Maybe someone can help me. I'm encoutering a weird bug and I'd like to get to the bottom of it and fix it. I have a system using Windows XP Pro as an OS. I have the Office 2002 suite and for my mail service I use OUTLOOK (not xpress). I had the McAfee 2003 anti-virus installed which I removed for technical reasons (annoying tests) and the compuetr was sacnned free from viruses..... I have an account set up in OUTLOOK, my outgoing and incoming servers are exactly what they are supposed to be, I can receive all mail but for some odd reason I'm unable to send anything fr...

Outlook 2003: Print address book
I'm running Outlook 2003 as a stand alone program without a network. I can't print the address book. The address book menu does not offer any print options including those found in the Help and Support and the MS Knowledge Base. It also doesn't offer the option to export/import. What am I missing here? Operating Windows XP Home SP2, IE 6 SP2, Outlook 2003. Thanks for any suggestion -- Phil pdischert@iname.com There is no address book in Outlook. There are lots of choices for ways to print your Contacts Folder: http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/print.htm -- Russ V...

VISIO 2007 -Text direction
can some one tell me how to change text to be type in vertically. Under tools, options there is no regional tab or under format text the change text direction command does not work. "kgbrat" <kgbrat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2DBF18B5-E1C8-4493-8BEF-F7D4C1538781@microsoft.com... > can some one tell me how to change text to be type in vertically. Under > tools, options there is no regional tab or under format text the change > text > direction command does not work. You can use the Text Tool (The A with an circular arrow around it) and gr...

Outlook 2002 SP3- Runtime Error when opening Outlook
I'm getting a runtime error- Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library / Program C:/Program Files/ microsoftoffice/ office10 /outlook.exe. This App has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusal way. This only happen the first time I open Outlook for the day. It shuts down, then I can reopen it and all is fine. I have try to debug it and the detect & repair option in the help tab. Any help is Appreciated! ...

2007 License
I received a free Office SBA 2007 via an MS Partner Program as a download together with key There is no FPP, OEM or MLK designation. (The EULA in Word being dependant on the above) How can I determine if this is licensed to install on a second device, other than trying? - The PID? Contact the MS Partner Program? "DL" <notvalid@spoofaddress.co.uk> wrote in message news:uVA$w8lpKHA.4648@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... :I received a free Office SBA 2007 via an MS Partner Program as a download : together with key : There is no FPP, OEM or MLK designation. : (The EULA...

outlook inbox refresh issue
Has anyone come acrosos an issue in MS Outlook 2000 where an incoming data packet processes but isn't deleted? There seems to be a refresh issue. Does anyone have any suggestions? Can you give a little more detail? Did you press the delete key and the message remained in the inbox? Or do you have a rule processing that should have deleted the message? Or...? -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook] "Johnny Jackman" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:02d301c39ffa$66c91380$a401280a@phx.gbl... Has anyone come acrosos an issue in MS Outlook 2000 where...

Setting up my Outlook at home
How do I set up my Outlook 2003 to work from home, but leave the messages on the server (as I do at the office)? I right-click Outlook and choose Email accounts. I choose Microsoft Exchange Server. I put in our server and my user name. I also uncheck "Use Cached Exchange Mode", which is what I assumed was what would move the data to my machine (which I don't want). When I say click next, I get the Message: "Mail from this Microsoft Exchange Server account will be delivered to the existing Personal Folder on your local computer. If you wish to keep your mail on your server...

Outlook Express #60
I don't even know if this is the correct newsgroup to post, but I can't find any group under the name Outlook Express, so I'm trying my luck here. I'm due to upgrade to a new computer, and I'm wondering if I have to save my old mails into diskette or CD. I certainly don't want to lose all my old mails collected in Outlook Express. The big problem is - I'm not able to find anything in Outlook Express that looks like the data files for my old mails. So what do people do when they want to keep their old mails in the course of changing their computer? "p...

Office 2007 11-23-09
Of all the choices out there (community discussion, dashboard, live, etc.) how can I contact someone with input on Microsoft's software. For example, I want to know why any one would not display the most common commands on the HOME tab in Office 2007. Print, Save, Open, Close, Spell Check, Undo, etc. etc. etc. Yes, I know you can customize your own Toolbar, but not a beginner. How can I emphasize how important this is, I don't suppose you can customize the Tabs. I would like to ask someone why they can't get input from those of us who teach their products. ...

reply formatting in Outlook 2010
I set up my normal.email.dotm file to have 12 pts below each paragraph, which helps formatting issues when sending emails to people using gmail and other programs that interpret paragraph breaks differently than Outlook. That works just fine with new emails. However, when I reply to an email, even an html email, the formatting is not applied. I can fix this by choosing Format Text and then setting the spacing as per above, but this is a pain in the neck. Why don't reply emails use the same template? Is there a way to template replies so i can use the same formatting? thanks in advance, ...

Conversion from Outlook 2000 to 2003
Currently using Outlook 2000. I am planning on getting a new computer and it will have Outlook 2003 contained on it. How do I save my "data" files (active as well as archive) so I can resume using them with my new computer? Thanks in advance for any help. -- Have a great day, except you spammers To email, remove the obvious ....... On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 10:10:00 -1000, Les <lester123_nospam@att.net> wrote: > Currently using Outlook 2000. I am planning on getting a new computer > and > it will have Outlook 2003 contained on it. How do I save my "data&qu...

Using Risk+ with MSP 2007
We use Risk+ as a risk simulation tool. We have discovered that it works approximately 20 times SLOWER in MSP 2007 than MSP 2003. Has anyone else run into this problem. If so, is there a remedy? My hunch this not a generic issue, but surely best that you consult with the Risk+ people on this. --rms www.rmschneider.com On 02/03/10 18:08, Tom Mc wrote: > We use Risk+ as a risk simulation tool. We have discovered that it works > approximately 20 times SLOWER in MSP 2007 than MSP 2003. Has anyone else run > into this problem. If so, is there a remedy? W...