Outlook 2007 and Office H&S 2007`

This has probably been asked and answered somewhere before but I'm not up to
weeding through years of postings trying to locate it.

The problem is this.  I have Office 2007 Home and Student Edition and
Outlook 2007 (purchased separately), on my Toshiba
laptop computer.  It's running Vista Home Premium with 4gigs of memory and a
bunch of other typical crap.  The computer came
with Office pre-installed and I thought I had uninstalled it as it wasn't
the edition I had bought.  At any rate, whenever I go to use either
program, it goes basically into an endless loop of wanting to do a
configuration which is getting old now and I'm about to trash it and
go with Open Office.  In that I paid good money for these programs and
Microsoft should be able to fix their own software, I would
rather find a fix for this problem.  I've been to Microsoft and looked all
over their Knowledge Base, Tech Net, and other helpful
places but haven't found a solution.  I've doubled checked my system and as
far as I know there are no traces of the old Office
sitting anywhere.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled so many times I feel I
may need to make the dreaded call to India to get another
registration key, God knows they know me well.

The other problem is the same except I've installed these programs on a
Windows partition on an Intel iMAC.  Everything else runs
just fine and there were no applications in the partition when I installed
Office, but it does the same damn thing.  I have Office for
MAC on the MAC side and it runs just fine.

Should I say to hell with the PC entirely and go 100% Apple now, or can I
fix this mess Microsoft got me into by pre-installing a
regular version of Office trying to get people to actually buy a
registration key, when in fact most do the $149 or less route.

Microsoft should do like other companies do.  When an installation finds
another version of the same program and it's older, it should
ask if it should remove the older version before installing the new version.
That would eliminate a lot of headaches.

Thanks in advance for any help I can get here.

Fed Up in Kansas (no yellow brick road here, just Tornadoes)

0
rich364 (1)

the problem is unlikely to be caused by having an older version of office
installed.  the local cache could be bad, especially if you get the error
when you use any of the office programs.  If office diagnostics doesn't fix
it, open a support incident with microsoft - you get a free one (three
actually) within a 90 day period.

you could also try the office.setup newsgroup on this server.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter:

newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.

"Fed Up in Kansas" <rich@richgreene.com> wrote in message
> This has probably been asked and answered somewhere before but I'm not up
> to weeding through years of postings trying to locate it.
>
> The problem is this.  I have Office 2007 Home and Student Edition and
> Outlook 2007 (purchased separately), on my Toshiba
> laptop computer.  It's running Vista Home Premium with 4gigs of memory and
> a bunch of other typical crap.  The computer came
> with Office pre-installed and I thought I had uninstalled it as it wasn't
> the edition I had bought.  At any rate, whenever I go to use either
> program, it goes basically into an endless loop of wanting to do a
> configuration which is getting old now and I'm about to trash it and
> go with Open Office.  In that I paid good money for these programs and
> Microsoft should be able to fix their own software, I would
> rather find a fix for this problem.  I've been to Microsoft and looked all
> over their Knowledge Base, Tech Net, and other helpful
> places but haven't found a solution.  I've doubled checked my system and
> as far as I know there are no traces of the old Office
> sitting anywhere.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled so many times I feel I
> may need to make the dreaded call to India to get another
> registration key, God knows they know me well.
>
> The other problem is the same except I've installed these programs on a
> Windows partition on an Intel iMAC.  Everything else runs
> just fine and there were no applications in the partition when I installed
> Office, but it does the same damn thing.  I have Office for
> MAC on the MAC side and it runs just fine.
>
> Should I say to hell with the PC entirely and go 100% Apple now, or can I
> fix this mess Microsoft got me into by pre-installing a
> regular version of Office trying to get people to actually buy a
> registration key, when in fact most do the $149 or less route.
>
> Microsoft should do like other companies do.  When an installation finds
> another version of the same program and it's older, it should
> ask if it should remove the older version before installing the new
> version. That would eliminate a lot of headaches.
>
> Thanks in advance for any help I can get here.
>
> Fed Up in Kansas (no yellow brick road here, just Tornadoes)

0
outlookmvp (5838)

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

projecting the notes pages in PPT 2007

Voice connector on Exchange server 2007.

What's the rootname appearing in System Manager
Hello, I am looking at a SBS server in a domain called "whatever.nl", with a computername "win2003". When I open the System Manager, the top element is called "MAILSERVER (Exchange)". Is this a default name, or something chosen during installation of Exchange? Also, when I open Server Management, under advanced management there's a node for the Exchange System Manager, however the name is "First Organization (Exchange)". When I highlight it, the name changes to "MAILSERVER (Exchange)". Is that normal? -M Hi, the name of the to...

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

Outlook Sales

using the journal on outlook

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails

cannot open hyper links in outlook