Outlook 2007 #61

I can send e-mail messages, but I cannot recieve e-mail messages.
Please help.
--
Gstan
0

Additional information:
I went into Tools; Send & Receive Progress and found an Unknown Error
Message: 0x80040600.  Any ideas?
--
Gstan

"Gstan" wrote:

> I can send e-mail messages, but I cannot receive e-mail messages.
> Please help.
> --
> Gstan
0
Gstan (2)
10/20/2009 3:01:02 AM
"Gstan" <Gstan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I can send e-mail messages, but I cannot recieve e-mail messages.
> Please help.
> --
> Gstan

what happens when you use the "Test Account Settings" in the Account setup
dialog box?

Outlook XP #35
All, I have looked in the KB for something that shows how to LOCK the TOOLBARS for on Outlook XP and I can find nothing. My aging parents are using it and constantly mis clicking and fouling up the toolbars. If I could only lock them somehow. Any ideas are much appreciated. Thanks- "Jeff Lloyd" <jefflloyd@att.net> wrote in message news:%23FuQ61gfIHA.5164@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > All, > > I have looked in the KB for something that shows how to LOCK the > TOOLBARS for on Outlook XP and I can find nothing. My aging parents > are using it and constan...

outlook #53
I have installed outlook express on my computer. My problem is when I intalled express it did not tranfere my mail from outlook. Can you please help me get my mail from outlook to express? Regards WE It wouldn't. You need to import it. "will estes" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:115201c3a929$0dbdc640$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I have installed outlook express on my computer. My > problem is when I intalled express it did not tranfere my > mail from outlook. Can you please help me get my mail > from outlook to express? > > Rega...

Outlook Policy
Is there a policy in the Office 2003/OL2003 which we can confgirue using a GPO or some other means which will delete e-mails older than 90 days from Users Inbox and Sent Items from within their Outlook Clients? Thanks, =?Utf-8?B?V0lMRFBBQ0tFVA==?= <WILDPACKET@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:3929E68F-A6F9-4662-998B-6254B682AEF0@microsoft.com: > Is there a policy in the Office 2003/OL2003 which we can confgirue > using a GPO or some other means which will delete e-mails older than > 90 days from Users Inbox and Sent Items from within their Outlook > Clients? Su...

Problem with View Source / Outlook 2000
I searched some more, found that the problem is caused when the Temporary Internet files cache is too big. Deleted the cache and the problem is solved. Changed the settings to a more reasonable 100 MB and it shouldn't happen again Steven =================================== I'm using Outlook 2000 and Win 2000, no problems now (had to reinstall Windows last week for unrelated reasons). I also use ZoneAlarm and Outlook has permission only to access the Trusted zone, not the Internet in general. Something has happened in the past couple of days. I got an email that looked blank ...

outlook #87
I have two computers, I have schedules in outlook, I want to update my other computer, With latest schedules, What best way??????? See if the information on the following page helps: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.htm -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:023801c3cd9f$c22c1970$a301280a@phx.gbl, CCI wrote: > I have two computers, I have schedules in outlook, I > want to update my other computer, With latest schedules, > What best...

How do I find Outlook 2007 archive folders that disappeared?
I set up archive folders and could view them, stored onto a spearate hard disk.Today, when Outlook loaded, the archive folder group has disappearedd from view and I do not know how to find/restore.Any ideas? Check again in Folder Tree View Otherwise, within Outlook, File>Open>Data File.........browse to the location and open the Archive If the location is an external drive, if that drive is not connected when you start Outlook, OL will complain "Nigel" <Nigel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5564BC1C-D07C-4820-8CC4-C585F6E7DB5D@microsoft.com... >...

Outlook Inbox running tally of e-mails in it
HELP ! This should be simple for someone but not me. I used to have a number on the left side of my screen when in my in-box that would tell me the total number of e- mails in my inbox (normally around 200-300). This was not JUST the new ones which are reflected on the folders line. It was at the bottom of the page and would change immediately if I deleted or added one. I lost the number and want it back. How do I do that? Thanks for any help anyone can give ! Cindy view - status bar "Suzanne" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0bb901c3deda$1...

Outlook Web Access #2
I have Exchange 5.5 SP4 and Outlook Web Access installed on the Member Windows NT 4.0 Server. If the regular domain user logs in to Outlook Web Access he can see a list of mail messages but when he opens any of them they look like empty, but actually they are not. If user the member of Administrators Group logs in to the Outlook Web Access he is fine. What should I change? ...

save accounts similar outlook express
How I save account POP mails configurations in Outlook 2003 similar ao outlook express? thanks Marina Using the office save my settings wizard or a 3rd party program. http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm#accounts -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-ti...

microsoft outlook #43
hello I have microsoft outlook on my computer and I have tried seeral times to set it up so I may use it, I work from home for a company in VA, and it would be helpful if I could get outlook set up, can you please give me exact steps on how to set it up thank you. joemily02 wrote: > hello I have microsoft outlook on my computer and I have tried seeral > times to set it up so I may use it, I work from home for a company in VA, > and it would be helpful if I could get outlook set up, can you please give > me exact steps on how to set it up thank you. you need to contact your IT...

Outlook 2000 won't delete emails
"The messaging interface has returned an unknown error" It says, helpfully. It leaves emails still sitting in the Inbox that I want to consign to the delete box. Oddly enough, if I go to another folder and delete something there, it will sometimes work - and then even allow me to delete a message or two from the Inbox before reverting to the error message. I've removed Outlook and re-installed it, with no improvement. No idea why this problem has arisen - it was fine till yesterday and I've not altered anything in the meantime. Any ideas? ...

Outlook 2000 shuts down/crashes
OS: Windows 2000 Professional Problem Suddenly Outlook 2000 shuts down several minutes after opening. No warnings and no apparent reason. All virus dat files are up to date at least daily. Steps taken: Ran virus scan of hard drive. Ran full scandisk and repair of hard drive. Ran detect and repair program of MS Office 2000 and rebooted. Problem persists. Help please, please ...

Outlook 2002 locked up when deleting contacts
Hello- While cleaning out duplicates and obsolete email addresses, Outlook locked up on me. I used the task manager to end the program and then shut the machine down. I rebooted and Outlook asked if I wanted to start up in safe mode. Did that, Outlook just sat there. Used the task manager again to quit outlook. Tried rebooting again. Outlook comes up, but the cursor is constantly the hour-glass and I can't do anything with in the program. Any ideas for fixing this? Thanks. Close Outlook. Find and rename outcmd.dat to .old. (If using Windows 2000 or XP, you will need to e...

CRM causing Outlook 2007 to crash
My outlook constantly crashes on me if I try to open random CRM linked emails, or I get message that says "This item cannot be opened". Here is the message I get when it crashes: Faulting application outlook.exe, version 12.0.6212.1000, stamp 46e03e45, faulting module outlook.exe, version 12.0.6212.1000, stamp 46e03e45, debug? 0, fault address 0x00013ca0. I have wiped this PC, and reinstalled everything (XP, Office 2007, CRM) and the error still occurs. Any help here would be appreciated. thanks How much memory does the client have? Ive seen some odd Outlook behaviors on cli...

Excel 2007; graph the best fit line from a regression analysis?
Try using this white space to ask you question with a bit more detail best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "mattz" <mattz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:574CCC66-72EA-44D0-8D36-2147B6C7C279@microsoft.com... > ...

Migrating contacts from thunderbird back to outlook
After trying Thunderbird for a year I decided that Outlook has options I need. I need to transfer my contacts back to Outlook, but I don't know how. EggHeadCafe.com - .NET Developer Portal of Choice http://www.eggheadcafe.com Check out this utility: http://www.joshie.com/projects/dawn/ Dawn, the Address Converter and Manager Hal -- Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP- Print /Imaging -- WA7BGX http://www.kvoa.com -- "When News breaks, we fix it!" KVOA Television, Tucson, AZ. NBC Channel 4 Still Cadillacin' - www.badnewsbluesband.com &l...

Outlook 2000 Premium will not open
The error message keeps telling me that Outlook cannot connect to my exchange server. This is a home network with only two computers on it. I do not have an Exchange Server to connect to. I only use Outlook 2000 for maintaining my business contacts and Calendar. I use AOL for email with Internet Explorer 6.0.2 for broadband access to the Internet. Any suggestions on how to get Outlook to open so it can be configured properly? I have Outlook SR-1 installed. Thank You ...

Outlook should be able to print an envelope for a given contact.
From a contact view, outlook should be able to print an envelope or even start a business letter to that contact, especially if you have MS Word also. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx...

Junkmail filtering outlook 2000
Is there a way to add "key words" to the junk mail filter to eliminate additional junk emails? Is there a download which updates the initial list of junkmail words. On the next junk mail you receive go to tools and Junk Mail filter and add the address. "Andy" <aberg@canarymarketing.com> wrote in message news:08d501c352af$d312b980$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way to add "key words" to the junk mail filter > to eliminate additional junk emails? Is there a download > which updates the initial list of junkmail words. This does not work because...

Outlook Startup Delay
I use Outlook 2002, which came bundled with my Ipaq PDA, solely to transfer contacts to my PDA. From the very beginning (over a year ago), when I start Outlook on my desktop, it takes from 30 to 60 seconds to initialize and start. I remember something in the installation process on my desk top that if you didn't register the product that it might do something like this. But I did register it. Any ideas on what I can do to speed this thing up. Thanks for any help. Bob D Bob & Nan <doubleday@citlink.net> wrote: > I use Outlook 2002, which came bundled with my Ipaq ...

trouble connecting to Exchange 2003 using Outlook 97 Exchange Server Service
hello, this is my setup I have one Active Directory domain containing two AD Sites, configured through AD Sites and Services, Site one is the local LAN on the 192.168.x.x subnet, Site two is a remote site in a datacentre on the public-facing 87.127.x.x subnet - the two sites are connecting via VPN on Sonicwall firewalls the VPN connection is solid - and commuications from Site one to Site two is fine, and vice versa netdiag and dcdiag from both sides report no problems My Exchange Server is in Site two, along with a DC/GC and appears to be working fine (still in testing phase), OWA works...

Outlook XP freezes
Hi, I have a user running Outlook XP and he's having a problem. He likes to use Outlook to browse the Internet and when he looks at Acrobat files, pdf's, Outlook freezes upon exit. Anyone have any experience with this? Any suggestions? Thanks in advance, Linn ...

Why can't I see my Outlook Archive files
Hello XP home 2003 I set up the auto archive per instructions to include seperate instructions for deleted files. The prompt appears every 14 days and I say yes. The auto archive system set up a folder on my E:\Documents volume called: archive.pst which shows 144KB and Archive folders on my folder list. When I select any of the archive folders they all appear empty. The deleted file function works fine. Does anyone have an opinon of whats going on? Thanks. 144kb doesn't sound big enough to hold much data. Have you told Outlook to archive items older than 1 month, 2 months, or wh...

Web outlook #2
HI all , im having problem with WOA. When i opened a mail then click reply or forward, it closes the window instead of opening it , i can only make a new message . It is happening to all users i restarted the iis admin service and www publishing service too but without success im running exchage 5,5 sp4 and woa is installed on a separate server -- Rick "Rick" <Rick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:52E552A4-46A4-4520-8229-EDD9D2A0BD0F@microsoft.com... > HI all , > > im having problem with WOA. When i opened a mail then click reply or > ...

Problem with Outlook reply
Dear Madam / Sir, I have problem with my outlook reply; when I choose the reply option, the sender Email address does not appear in the address bar and I should enter it manually. Would you please advice me how to solve this problem? Thank you Ehsan ...