Outlook 2003B2TR - Unable to Display a Folder

I cannot get at the messages stored in one of my e-mail folders.  It's
called "Personal" When I click on the folder in the "All Mail Folders"
view, the message area goes grey with a heading nof "Unable to disply
the folder".  The toolbars and normal mail options go away, too.

There are sub-folders to Personal folder, and I could move the
sub-folders to a different location.  They and the messages in them
are fine.

When I right-click on Personal and go to the Property tab, it looks to
me like all of the other mail folders.  When I toggled "Show number of
unread items" to "Show total number of items", Outlook showed 24
messages in the folder bar area.  However, I still couldn't get to any
of the messages.

Is there any repair facility out there to help this damaged
folder/.pst?

0
Galen (6)

More... I did an Advanced Find selecting just the folder.  Of course,
all of the messages were displayed in the results area.

I tried moving a message from the results to another folder.
Outlook2003 crashed.  When it started up again, I tried moving a
message again, and it worked.  I have now moved ALL of the message out
of the bad folder.

So, I've recovered the data.

Any ideas on whether its okay to delete the bad old filter.  Other
ideas on how to check and repair file errors?
0
Galen (6)
7/23/2003 6:55:22 PM
Try running scanpst.exe against your .pst file.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Having searched the archives, Galen Workman <Galen@Oz-NO-SPAM-dachs.biz>
asked

| More... I did an Advanced Find selecting just the folder.  Of course,
| all of the messages were displayed in the results area.
|
| I tried moving a message from the results to another folder.
| Outlook2003 crashed.  When it started up again, I tried moving a
| message again, and it worked.  I have now moved ALL of the message out
| of the bad folder.
|
| So, I've recovered the data.
|
| Any ideas on whether its okay to delete the bad old filter.  Other
| ideas on how to check and repair file errors?

0
MillyS1 (1480)
7/24/2003 3:34:30 AM
Thanks!  That did the trick.

The repair tool icon disappeared from my accessory programs, and I
appreciate gettting the name to run!

On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 20:34:30 -0700, "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]"
<MillyS@mvps.org> wrote:

>Try running scanpst.exe against your .pst file.

0
Galen (6)

Public Folder server
Hi, I have 2 different servers as follows : Server1 = Mailbox server Server2 = Public Folder server (only has one PF store) My query: What should be the value for HomeMDB attribute when i click on ADSI edit and navigate till ...>Server Name > System Attendant's properties on Server2? Right now the value for HomeMDB of System Attendent on Server2 is showing "Not Set". Should it be pointing to Server1? Pls guide. thanks Are you having problems with the way it's configured? -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!"...

outlook.exe not terminating
I'm running Office XP with Outlook 2002 under Windows XP Pro, current as of today, except that I have reverted the IE update to the previous version of mshtml.dll that scrolls correctly (this has had no effect on the problem I am about to describe). I typically have a lot of applications running - no big deal as I have a 3.04 P4 with 1GB of memory. A problem that happens several times a day is that outlook.exe remains in the Task Manager process list after I shut Outlook down. In older versions, there used to be a message that said "Please wait while Outlook shuts down&qu...

Outlook needs Outlook Express to work

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Unable to llaunch FRx
Something on our server hosed FRx between yesterday and today. When users try to launch FRx Report designer from the Start menu, the FRx splash screen flashes for a second then disappears. There is no error message and no entry in the SQL Error logs or the NT event logs. I can open Report Launcher, but only the FW (Fabricam) and FWC (Fabricam Canada) reports show up. This was working fine yesterday. I reran the FRx index scripts but that did not resolve it. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks. -- Jim Maybe the program is corrupted...perhaps a reinstall. But bac...

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

Crash on 'Send"

Displaying property menu at runtime
Hello, Is there a way to display at runtime the property menu of a control so that the user may interact with the control? In my case, I'm speaking about the MsChart control which has a property menu at the design phase (when picking "properties" after right clicking on the control) Thanks Avi "avi" <aviben@bezeqint.net.il> wrote in message news:e2fc8178-471a-48b1-9671-fc81ca23c912@l14g2000yql.googlegroups.com... > Is there a way to display at runtime the property menu of a control so > that the user may interact with the control? > ...

Reminders in Outlook

Outlook default to paragraph

displaying colors in an mfc application
Hi everyone, I'm working on an MFC application. The application is a treeview in which are represented some objects (persons, roles....). I have declared some bitmaps in the visual project to represent these objects. My problem is that some colors of the bitmaps are not displayed. I guess there is a palette problem or something like that. Does anybody have an idea of what the problem is? Thanks a lot for your help.... Fred Try using ILC_COLOR24 | ILC_MASK when you create your imagelist. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "fred" <fred@laposte.net> wrot...

Outlook 2003

sharing of folders

cant start outlook pst file to large

Outlook "Ruler" won't go away