Outlook 2003B2TR - Unable to Display a Folder

I cannot get at the messages stored in one of my e-mail folders.  It's
called "Personal" When I click on the folder in the "All Mail Folders"
view, the message area goes grey with a heading nof "Unable to disply
the folder".  The toolbars and normal mail options go away, too.

There are sub-folders to Personal folder, and I could move the
sub-folders to a different location.  They and the messages in them
are fine.

When I right-click on Personal and go to the Property tab, it looks to
me like all of the other mail folders.  When I toggled "Show number of
unread items" to "Show total number of items", Outlook showed 24
messages in the folder bar area.  However, I still couldn't get to any
of the messages.

Is there any repair facility out there to help this damaged
folder/.pst?

0
Galen (6)

More... I did an Advanced Find selecting just the folder.  Of course,
all of the messages were displayed in the results area.

I tried moving a message from the results to another folder.
Outlook2003 crashed.  When it started up again, I tried moving a
message again, and it worked.  I have now moved ALL of the message out
of the bad folder.

So, I've recovered the data.

Any ideas on whether its okay to delete the bad old filter.  Other
ideas on how to check and repair file errors?
0
Galen (6)
7/23/2003 6:55:22 PM
Try running scanpst.exe against your .pst file.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Having searched the archives, Galen Workman <Galen@Oz-NO-SPAM-dachs.biz>
asked

| More... I did an Advanced Find selecting just the folder.  Of course,
| all of the messages were displayed in the results area.
|
| I tried moving a message from the results to another folder.
| Outlook2003 crashed.  When it started up again, I tried moving a
| message again, and it worked.  I have now moved ALL of the message out
| of the bad folder.
|
| So, I've recovered the data.
|
| Any ideas on whether its okay to delete the bad old filter.  Other
| ideas on how to check and repair file errors?

0
MillyS1 (1480)
7/24/2003 3:34:30 AM
Thanks!  That did the trick.

The repair tool icon disappeared from my accessory programs, and I
appreciate gettting the name to run!

On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 20:34:30 -0700, "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]"
<MillyS@mvps.org> wrote:

>Try running scanpst.exe against your .pst file.

0
Galen (6)

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

Outlook Sales

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

Unable to delete empty database

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails

using the journal on outlook

cannot open hyper links in outlook