Outlook 2003 working with Groupwise client

We are moving our people from Groupwise to Exchange and I
am having a horrible time getting the two to work
together. We need to keep both clients on the machine for
a short time while the switch is done. I installed Outlook
2003 on my workstation running Windows XP and Outlook and
Groupwise are happily coexisting. When I tried this on a
Windows 2000 machine everything went to crap. I've tried
all of the tricks I can think of. I've removed Groupwise
and windows messaging and reintalled everything from
scratch and no dice. I just keep getting Outlook MAPI
errors and messages saying it cannot contact the Exchange
server. Any help or advice would be appreciated. TIA

Patrick Hunter
0
anonymous (74722)

GroupWise will have its own MAPI profile. Make sure you set up a separate
profile for the Exchange account and leave the GroupWise stuff in its own
profile. I believe the profile is automatically named Novell Default
Settings.

You need to make sure the GroupWise profile is set as the default profile.
To do this (after you have created the new profile for the Exchange
mailbox):

Select Start | Settings | Control Panel and open the Mail applet.

Select the Show Profiles button.

Select the option to Always use this profile. The Novell Default Settings
profile needs to be the one displayed in the drop-down box.

Select OK.

Now, you need to create a shortcut so when Outlook opens it opens the
Exchange profile. To do this; create a shortcut on your desktop pointing to
Outlook.exe, but add the /profile "<name>" switch to the end of the command
line in the shortcut's Target field (where <name> is the name of the profile
containing the Exchange services).  For example, when I right click the
Outlook shortcut I created and select Properties, the Target field contains
this command line:

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\OUTLOOK.EXE" /profile "PIM"
(Note the space between .exe" and /profile)
--
PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~
  -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP)

"Patrick Hunter" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We are moving our people from Groupwise to Exchange and I
> am having a horrible time getting the two to work
> together. We need to keep both clients on the machine for
> a short time while the switch is done. I installed Outlook
> 2003 on my workstation running Windows XP and Outlook and
> Groupwise are happily coexisting. When I tried this on a
> Windows 2000 machine everything went to crap. I've tried
> all of the tricks I can think of. I've removed Groupwise
> and windows messaging and reintalled everything from
> scratch and no dice. I just keep getting Outlook MAPI
> errors and messages saying it cannot contact the Exchange
> server. Any help or advice would be appreciated. TIA
>
> Patrick Hunter

0
patrickareed (498)
12/11/2003 8:25:56 PM
I had done all of that. However, I think I figured it
out. It seems that if I install the MS network client, it
will work ok. Thanks for the command line tips, those
should come in handy.

Patrick Hunter

wrote in message
>> We are moving our people from Groupwise to Exchange
and I
>> am having a horrible time getting the two to work
>> together. We need to keep both clients on the machine
for
>> a short time while the switch is done. I installed
Outlook
>> 2003 on my workstation running Windows XP and Outlook
and
>> Groupwise are happily coexisting. When I tried this on
>> Windows 2000 machine everything went to crap. I've
tried
>> all of the tricks I can think of. I've removed
Groupwise
>> and windows messaging and reintalled everything from
>> scratch and no dice. I just keep getting Outlook MAPI
>> errors and messages saying it cannot contact the
Exchange
>> server. Any help or advice would be appreciated. TIA
>>
>> Patrick Hunter
>

>.

0
anonymous (74722)
12/12/2003 4:54:24 PM
Huh... I wouldn't think that would affect it; but live and learn, I guess.

--

> I had done all of that. However, I think I figured it
> out. It seems that if I install the MS network client, it
> will work ok. Thanks for the command line tips, those
> should come in handy.
>
> Patrick Hunter

0
patrickareed (498)

Runtime Error when closing OUTLOOK 2k

Password Issue with MS Money 2003

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Outlook needs Outlook Express to work

Crash on 'Send"

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

Reminders in Outlook

Outlook default to paragraph

Addressing within Exchange 2003

Grammar check not working

Outlook "Ruler" won't go away

cant start outlook pst file to large

Outlook 2003

Outlook OOF

Import from Eudora 6 to Outlook 2003

OutLook and Notes co-existing.

Custom Headings in Work Order and Sales Receipts
Where can I edit the headings of receipt formats so that when they are printed instead of "Work Order" in the right corner, I want it to say "Delivery Note" Instead of "Sales Receipt" I want it to say "Invoice" Also, how can I make a Work order print without each item taking up 3 lines... ie: I need it to print just like a quote or regular receipt, but be a work order? The receipts in RMS are saved as a .XML file. If you are somewhat familular with programming you will be able to navigate your way around the template and make some edits. typic...

outlook 98 corperate forms