Outlook 2003 :: Views :: Automatic Formatting

Hello all.
I have two questions about views. Hope you can help me.

1. How to higlight messages from the certain domain?
In the dialog "Automatic Formatting" I can define condition to check From
field (for example, "where From field contains @microsoft.com"). But the
view checks only sender's name (not e-mail). However, I can filter by e-mail
using From field in the rule (Rules and Alerts). What are the differences?
Because of internal interfaces, I guess. Rule can access to "source data"
but view can access to "prepared- to-view data" only. I could be wrong, of
course.

2. How to highlight messages from the certain "dynamic group"?
What we have:
 -  Active Directory;
 -  Exchange 2003;
 -  Outlook 2003.
Employees want to highlight messages in their views by departments. For
example, messages from employees of IT Department could be blue, messages
from employees of Accounts Department could be green, messages from
Administrators could be red etc. "Half-solution" is to specify list of
addresses from the GAL (Global Address List) when defining automatic
formatting. But what if staff of IT Department will be changed (one new
employee hired and two fired)? Each of employees must change view then.
I tried to solve this problem by using groups of users and addresses. So
far, without success.

--
Virtually yours,
Alisher H. Abdurahmanov

0
alish76 (3)

I have a similar issue. I would like to color code all email originating from a company contacts public folder. The only way I have found to do it is to add all X thousand names to a rule. Similarly, I had to create a rule and add each user from the GAL.
I'm using Outlook 2003/WinXPPro.

0
anonymous (74722)
2/2/2004 3:56:09 PM
Hi

I couldn't find this option. Also, any way that you could distinguish between external emails ? eg from field does not contain mydomain.com

     ----- Alisher H. Abdurahmanov wrote: ----

     > I have a similar issue. I would like to color code all emai
     > originating from a company contacts public folder
     > The only way I have found to do it is to add all X thousan
     > names to a rule
     Yes, it's our common trouble. Hope, we'll win it sooner or later

     > Similarly, I had to create a rule and add each user fro
     > the GAL
     Ops... there is simpler way. In the rule you can defin
     "sender is in specified Address Book" (see attachment)

     --
     Virtually yours
     Alisher H. Abdurahmanov

Synchronise Outlook 2003

Conditional Format order
Hi all, Is there an easy way of changing the order of the three conditional formats for a cell, or do I just have to re-type them all? Thanks - Dave. Sorry, no quick and easy way - just be glad there aren't more to deal with! Do remember that you can change groups of cells to same conditions, at least you don't have to do that one at a time. "davebonallack@hotmail.com" wrote: > Hi all, > Is there an easy way of changing the order of the three conditional > formats for a cell, or do I just have to re-type them all? > Thanks - Dave. > > You could open...

Sharing Outlook #2

Outlook user profiles

Outlook 2003 cuts off lines

Microsoft Money 2003
When I try to print a chart or report, I get the message "This program has caused a default, etc." and it shuts down. Can you give me some hints on how to correct this? Thanks Is this all reports or a particular one? If it's only one, try resetting the report. If that doesn't help, try it in a new file. If it does it in multiple files, you may need to try updating your printer driver or removing and reinstalling Money. "Mary J" <mjohns04@mail.win.org> wrote in message news:035001c377cc$e2e77840$a301280a@phx.gbl... > When I try to print a chart or re...

Report Designer on Visual Studio 2005: Is it possible without 2003?
Do I have to install Visual Studio .NET 2003 to design new reports on CRM? I can't publish them on CRM when I have only the Visual Studio 2005 installed on my machine. When I install the SRS Designer, the Wizard tells me that I do not have the Visual Studio 2003. Thanks in advance! You need VS to create report rdl file. Visual Studio 2005 should work. To publish report you can log into CRM to upload your report file. "Juliano" <tom@jager.com> wrote in message news:B5808A28-946C-4F78-92DF-1C965F74448A@microsoft.com... > Do I have to install Visual Studio .NET 2...

Pivot Table Axis format
Hi. I have a macro that creates a pivot-table and pivot chart. The X-axis is a date. In the raw data, the date is formated as month/day. This is the way I want it on the chart. However, the X-axis formats with month/day/year. How can I force this to display correctly? Thanks, Mike. Do you see a grey little dropdown under the X axis (where you can choose your dates to show)? If yes, then rightclick on it. Select the top option: "Format pivotchart field" then click on the Number button on the next dialog. There are a bunch of date formats that you can choose from. Maybe...

Sending URL in Outlook XP

Exchange 5.5 to 2003 Migration Question #3
Hello, We are currently migrating users to Exchange 2003 from 5.5. The 5.5 server is located here and the new 2003 server is located in a different office. One user (who we have moved already) is trying to access and user's calendar, but that user is still on 5.5. They are getting the following error: unable to display the folder. The information store could not be opened Any ideas on how to make the user on 2003 (running Outlook 2003) connect to the user's calendar on the 5.5 server? The user has the "Owner" permission on the 5.5 calendar. Thanks! ...

Automatic Generation of Campaign Response CRM4
Hi, Wondering if anyone can tell me if Email Router and Rule Deployment is required for the automatic generation of campaign response to work in CRM4? Many thanks! SW The e-mail router and rule deployment is one of the methods for e-mai integration in CRM as described in the implementation guide: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=1ceb5e01-de9f-48c0-8ce2-51633ebf4714&displaylang=en ....but it is not necessary to have the e-mail router installed to have campaign responses automatically created and tracked in CRM as described here in this blog: http://blogs.msdn.c...

Importing Outlook 2003 to Win 98 Outlook

Outlook Signatures #4

How to fit a MDI view to the main frame client area
Hi, Is there a simple way to fit an MDI view child frame to the application main frame window client area and handle the presence of a dockable toolbar in the main frame window? I have fudged it by sending an ID_WINDOW_TILE_VERT to the main frame window but that isnt quite what I want to do. TIA Jan You can use ActivateFrame on the child frame to maximize the child window. I am not sure why you are concerned about Toolbar in this case. --- Ajay "J M" <j_mill@jersymail.co.uk> wrote in message news:%233DV8zVkIHA.4196@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Is there ...

Outlook 2003: export accounts settings

Outlook 2002 cannot see address book

Outlook/Exchange 2000 connection problem

Promoting Email to CRM Activity in Outlook
Is there a way to associate an email to two accounts when promoting it to a CRM Activity? Lynn Lynn, if you'd like to link the email to multiple regarding objects, you're out of luck. Only one regarding object can be set, though the email will also be linked to all of the senders/recipients ('activity parties'). Ilana. -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "MattNC" <MattNC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:70F78E3C-272A-4515-B393-38700C767B65@microsoft.com... > After you click the &qu...

Viewing size of Inbox
Hello, I currently rolled out new computers... these computers come with a higher resolution and bigger screen than my users are used to... because of this they want me to 'blow it up'... what i do is change the default windows setting to 120dpi... this makes everything larger, BUT the outlook inbox. the menu's in outlook and the folder view are changed, but viewing the emails in the inbox are still at 10 pt or whatever the default font is. I showed my tech's how to change the 'current view' of the inbox to make the emails larger font... but for this you must change...