Outlook 2003 to OWA? #2

Can Outlook 2003 synchronize with OWA?  I only have OWA
access to my clients exchange server.  I've done it with
Entourage, but Outlook is much less intuitive... or maybe
it cannot be done?
0
anonymous (74722)

Correct.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, stumpy asked:

| Can Outlook 2003 synchronize with OWA?  I only have OWA
| access to my clients exchange server.  I've done it with
| Entourage, but Outlook is much less intuitive... or maybe
| it cannot be done?

0
MillyS9060 (3207)
5/24/2004 4:03:20 AM
It is possible to run Outlook 2003 in cached mode, that hits the Exchange
2003 server over HTTP, which effectively does what you want, I think,
although the Server may have to open a port or two...

Try: http://www.microsoft.com/office/ork/2003/three/ch8/OutC07.htm

You can configure user accounts in Microsoft� Office Outlook� 2003 to
connect to Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 over the Internet without the need
to use virtual private network (VPN) connections. This feature - connecting
to an Exchange account by using Remote Procedure Call (RPC) over HTTP -
allows Outlook users to access their Exchange Server accounts from the
Internet when they are traveling or are working outside their organization's
firewall.

Hope this helps,

Dix

"stumpy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can Outlook 2003 synchronize with OWA?  I only have OWA
> access to my clients exchange server.  I've done it with
> Entourage, but Outlook is much less intuitive... or maybe
> it cannot be done?

0
tom4787 (1)

Linking files 2 ways

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

owa cant open ppt attachments

Outlook Sales

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

More Columns #2

Offline Synchronization Problem #2

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails

Filters not working in Exchange 2003