Outlook 2003 to Exchange 2003 stays Offline/Disconnected

Hopefully someone here can shed some light on this problem.  This past
weekend I upgraded my home system to 300GB SATA RAID1 for redundancy.
I preinstalled the drivers for the new RAID adapter and used Ghost to
transfer everything to my new drives.  Windows booted off of the new
hardware just fine and all my apps continued to work as expected when
using Ghost.

When I brought home my system from the office last night though I
noticed that Outlook refused to connect to my Exchange2k3 server back
at the office.  My home machine is running Win2k Server and is not
part of the domain.  I am not using RPC-over-HTTP since I have a VPN
connection back to the office.  This should behave just as if my
machine were directly attached to the remote network (as it always has
until now).

When I open Outlook it no longer prompts me for authentication at all.
It just opens up and stays in the Disconnected mode.  Here's what I
have tried...

1.  I setup a new profile and when I click "Check Name"  I get "The
action could not be completed.  The connection to the Microsoft
Exchange Server is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to
complete this action."  The server name resolves properly to its
internal address and even if I put the IP address in the server field
I get the same error.

2.  When I click Send/Receive in Outlook I get the following...

Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server' reported error (0x8004011D) : 'The
server is not available. Contact your administrator if this condition
persists.'

3.  Uninstalled and reinstalled Office 2003 completely.

4.  Attempted to connect from a new Windows profile.

5.  Uninstalled TCP/IP from my system, rebooted, reinstalled TCP/IP.
This actually got my Outlook working until the next time I rebooted.
I tried the same solution again, but it did not work the second time
around.

6.  I have also already checked the registry values at
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\RPC\ClientProtocols and everything there is
correct.

7.  I have also tried to connect to a mailbox on another exchange
server on a completely separate domain.

8.  I am also the FW admin, so I did a packet capture of any data
between my computer and the remote Exchange server when I tried
connecting and there is NO traffic passing, so it appears that Outlook
is not even attempting to talk to the Exchange server at all.

Same results all the way around.

Ideas?

Thanks!

Carlos

0
sublimnl

Nevermind.  I noticed that DUMeter (software bandwidth monitor) was
not picking up any traffic from my computer at all so it clicked.
Uninstalled my network adapters, rebooted and everything works now.
:)

On Tue, 08 Mar 2005 16:39:18 -0600, sublimnl <sublimnl-@-yahoo-.-com>
wrote:

>Hopefully someone here can shed some light on this problem.  This past
>weekend I upgraded my home system to 300GB SATA RAID1 for redundancy.
>I preinstalled the drivers for the new RAID adapter and used Ghost to
>transfer everything to my new drives.  Windows booted off of the new
>hardware just fine and all my apps continued to work as expected when
>using Ghost.
>
>When I brought home my system from the office last night though I
>noticed that Outlook refused to connect to my Exchange2k3 server back
>at the office.  My home machine is running Win2k Server and is not
>part of the domain.  I am not using RPC-over-HTTP since I have a VPN
>connection back to the office.  This should behave just as if my
>machine were directly attached to the remote network (as it always has
>until now).
>
>When I open Outlook it no longer prompts me for authentication at all.
>It just opens up and stays in the Disconnected mode.  Here's what I
>have tried...
>
>1.  I setup a new profile and when I click "Check Name"  I get "The
>action could not be completed.  The connection to the Microsoft
>Exchange Server is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to
>complete this action."  The server name resolves properly to its
>internal address and even if I put the IP address in the server field
>I get the same error.
>
>2.  When I click Send/Receive in Outlook I get the following...
>
>Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server' reported error (0x8004011D) : 'The
>server is not available. Contact your administrator if this condition
>persists.'
>
>3.  Uninstalled and reinstalled Office 2003 completely.
>
>4.  Attempted to connect from a new Windows profile.
>
>5.  Uninstalled TCP/IP from my system, rebooted, reinstalled TCP/IP.
>This actually got my Outlook working until the next time I rebooted.
>I tried the same solution again, but it did not work the second time
>around.
>
>6.  I have also already checked the registry values at
>HKLM\Software\Microsoft\RPC\ClientProtocols and everything there is
>correct.
>
>7.  I have also tried to connect to a mailbox on another exchange
>server on a completely separate domain.
>
>8.  I am also the FW admin, so I did a packet capture of any data
>between my computer and the remote Exchange server when I tried
>connecting and there is NO traffic passing, so it appears that Outlook
>is not even attempting to talk to the Exchange server at all.
>

>Same results all the way around.
>
>Ideas?
>
>Thanks!
>
>Carlos

0
sublimnl

Synchronise Outlook 2003

Outlook user profiles

Sharing Outlook #2

MS CRM 3.0 and Exchange Server 2000
I have a query regarding installation of CRM E-mail Router. I have a MS CRM 3.0 installed on a Windows 2003 Server, we're using a Exchange Server 2000 on W2K Server SP4, can I install the Router on the Exchange Server 2000? check the implementaiton guide, it gives you system requirements "John Ding" wrote: > I have a query regarding installation of CRM E-mail Router. I have a MS CRM > 3.0 installed on a Windows 2003 Server, we're using a Exchange Server 2000 on > W2K Server SP4, can I install the Router on the Exchange Server 2000? > > > I have...

Importing Outlook 2003 to Win 98 Outlook

Outlook 2003 cuts off lines

Microsoft Money 2003
When I try to print a chart or report, I get the message "This program has caused a default, etc." and it shuts down. Can you give me some hints on how to correct this? Thanks Is this all reports or a particular one? If it's only one, try resetting the report. If that doesn't help, try it in a new file. If it does it in multiple files, you may need to try updating your printer driver or removing and reinstalling Money. "Mary J" <mjohns04@mail.win.org> wrote in message news:035001c377cc$e2e77840$a301280a@phx.gbl... > When I try to print a chart or re...

Sending URL in Outlook XP

Exchange 5.5 to 2003 Migration Question #3
Hello, We are currently migrating users to Exchange 2003 from 5.5. The 5.5 server is located here and the new 2003 server is located in a different office. One user (who we have moved already) is trying to access and user's calendar, but that user is still on 5.5. They are getting the following error: unable to display the folder. The information store could not be opened Any ideas on how to make the user on 2003 (running Outlook 2003) connect to the user's calendar on the 5.5 server? The user has the "Owner" permission on the 5.5 calendar. Thanks! ...

Report Designer on Visual Studio 2005: Is it possible without 2003?
Do I have to install Visual Studio .NET 2003 to design new reports on CRM? I can't publish them on CRM when I have only the Visual Studio 2005 installed on my machine. When I install the SRS Designer, the Wizard tells me that I do not have the Visual Studio 2003. Thanks in advance! You need VS to create report rdl file. Visual Studio 2005 should work. To publish report you can log into CRM to upload your report file. "Juliano" <tom@jager.com> wrote in message news:B5808A28-946C-4F78-92DF-1C965F74448A@microsoft.com... > Do I have to install Visual Studio .NET 2...

Outlook Signatures #4

Promoting Email to CRM Activity in Outlook
Is there a way to associate an email to two accounts when promoting it to a CRM Activity? Lynn Lynn, if you'd like to link the email to multiple regarding objects, you're out of luck. Only one regarding object can be set, though the email will also be linked to all of the senders/recipients ('activity parties'). Ilana. -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "MattNC" <MattNC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:70F78E3C-272A-4515-B393-38700C767B65@microsoft.com... > After you click the &qu...

Outlook/Exchange 2000 connection problem

Outlook 2002
We have a single user who is attaching multiple documents through DOCSOpen to an email message. If he saves this message so he can send it later, it will not send. He just hits the SEND button and nothing happens. According to him , this doesn't happen when he sends an email straight away. Only when it is saved. He has to restart his machine for the email to send. DOes anyone have any ideas? We are running XP with Office XP (2002-SP2) Thank you in advance ...

Outlook 2003: export accounts settings

Deleting Multiple Public Folders
Hi Folks; I have Exchange 2000 installed and I had configured a newsfeed. That made about 65,000 public folders and I later decided to remove the newsfeed. I can delete the folders one by one but I can't seem to delete them all en masse. Does anyone know how to efficiently delete these public folders? Unsubscribing from the newsfeed first, of course. Can you delete multiples using Outlook? "Marvin Miller" <sales@real.com> wrote in message news:e49WxLcYGHA.4884@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi Folks; > > I have Exchange 2000 installed and I had configured a news...

Outlook 2002 cannot see address book

office outlook 2003
Whenever a new meeting request is chosen and sent to appropriate recipients, an extra line of text appears at the receiver's email (see below). #BugFix:15 I do not know where in outlook to delete/disable this line of text, as users are getting confused seeing it in their email. Not a part of Outlook - look to third party installations that work with Outlook such as an anti-spam application. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be del...

Exchange #7
I am running Small Business Server 2003, how can I tell for sure which version of exchange I have? Any help would be great, -budding IT enthusiast Hi, Try this link http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;158530 "Bruno" wrote: > I am running Small Business Server 2003, how can I tell > for sure which version of exchange I have? Any help would > be great, > -budding IT enthusiast > ...