Outlook 2003 shows "Enter network password" every time I hit send/receive

OL 2003 seems to have a bug. I have a pop account which it can't remember
the password for, no matter what I do. Have tried giving correct permission
in registry, and have re-created the mail profile. Nothing helps.

Any ideas?

/M

0
make1 (5)

I seem to be having the same problem. I haven't tried the
procedure MS posted about resetting thre registry. I'm
lost also.

0
anonymous (74722)

Intermittent "enter network password prompt" in OL 2003 SP1
On occasion (1 or 2 times a day) outlook stops with a "enter network password" dialog box. No further checking of my mail occurs until I acknowledge this box. A couple of items that may help are: 1. this does not occur everytime I open outlook 2. I have only one pop3 email account listed. Thanks. ...

Getting "Enter network password" when trying to administrating PF
Hi We are now, suddenly getting "enter network passord" on the whole Public Folder tree. If we change folder or trying to access the properties on a folder. We didnt get this until recently (last days) Anyone that knows why we migt recieve this? It is exchange 2003 Ent. ...

Enter Network Password #9
I keep getting an "Enter Network Password" box, even after repeatedly instructing it to "save my password to list." As long as it's there, no e-mails get through. Can anyone help me get rid of it? Thank you!! ...

Enter Network Password #12
The box 'Enter Network Password' has started to appear frequently on my screen. I just click Cancel & it goes away & everything works fine, so it is not a big problem, just a nuisance. I have been through Tools\Accounts several times, but it still happens. Any ideas? Bob V ...

Outlook 2003 "Enter Network Password" dialog box (tried everything)
I used to have multiple accounts on the same email server, and I thought that was the problem with the passwords not being saved due to Outlook not serializing the connections. But then I removed the other accounts from send/receive and it still happens!!! Is there any sure fire way to get Ooutlook 2003 to stop doing this and remember my f**king passwords??? This is so annoying...ughhhhh!!! I have deleted registry keys, hacked settings, yet nothing has worked. Let me know if any of you guys find out how to get this problem fixed with the "Enter Network Password" dialog box... N...

Enter network password pop up
The popup for "Enter Network password" keeps coming up. i have XP and outlook 2002. How can I stop this it's very annoying, It pops up multiple times during the send/recieve process. Thanks for any help, Mike You may take a look at this Technet article: OL: You Continuously Receive Prompts for Your NT Domain Credentials http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3ben-us%3b321652 -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook] "Mike" <mikecurto@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:769601c3e761$03a14350$a501280a@phx.gbl... The popup for "Enter Network pas...

why do I keep being asked to enter network password?
This is driving me insane! Every time I open Outlook it asks me to enter my network password for one of my e mail accounts. It doen't do it on my Netbook which uses Outlook Express. It won't receive any e mails sent to this account and it won't remember the password even though I tick the box. Aaagghh! Help please! Mike What version of Outlook? What version is your O/S? "Mike" <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:099817C5-9D57-42DC-A3B1-91B114184195@microsoft.com... : This is driving me insane! Every time I open Outlook it ...

enter network password.
Dear All, I am being prompted to "Enter Network Password" continually when using Outlook 2002. Could anyone suggest how I can turn this off. Thanks Neil I should add that the dialogue box requesting the passwaord appeats dp frequently that I have difficulty typing this email. I check the save password option each time to noe effect. "Neil Smith" <savispud2000@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:eA60un7bGHA.3840@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Dear All, > I am being prompted to "Enter Network Password" continually when using > Outlook 2002. ...

Why do I get 'Enter Network Password' after every email?
As far as I am aware there has been no upgrade dowloaded on my computer but it has started a pop up message EVERY time there is any activity in my mailbox. 'Please Type User Name & Password' It doesn't matter whether you cancel, ok or X out of it the next time something happens up it pops again. Can someone please tell me how I can stop this process from happening. Thank You "Password Issues" <Password Issues@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:98004153-B69A-4A09-BF8B-9DD1B26B447F@microsoft.com... > As far as I am aware there ha...

Outlook 2003 shows "Enter network password" every time I hit send/receive
OL 2003 seems to have a bug. I have a pop account which it can't remember the password for, no matter what I do. Have tried giving correct permission in registry, and have re-created the mail profile. Nothing helps. Any ideas? /M I seem to be having the same problem. I haven't tried the procedure MS posted about resetting thre registry. I'm lost also. >-----Original Message----- >OL 2003 seems to have a bug. I have a pop account which it can't remember >the password for, no matter what I do. Have tried giving correct permission >in registry, and have re-c...

'Enter Network Password' won't go away
Even after logging on, the "Enter Network Password" screen continues to pop up over and over. I have tried checking the 'remember my password" box, but nothing seems to work. Any help? ...

Enter Network Password #11
Anybody seen this message continually asked when send and receive action despite password entered and stored? >-----Original Message----- >Anybody seen this message continually asked when send and >receive action despite password entered and stored? >. >I found your question while searching for the same answer. I am constantly being asked to log-in to the server after I have already done so and have saved the password. It's driving me crazy. I would switch to another e-mail client in a heartbeat, but I like the calendar feature and the fact that my PDA synchs to ...

Enter network password keeps poping up
enter network password keeps poping up , how do i make it stop? -- Grizz961 Grizz wrote: > enter network password keeps poping up , how do i make it stop? A guess based on a complete lack of details: pre-2003 versions of Outlook will not remember the login credentials for e-mail accounts defined within it when ran on Windows Vista, or later. You never mentioned which VERSION of Outlook that you use. You never mentioned which VERSION of Windows that you use. You never mentioned what TYPE of e-mail account(s) you have (POP, IMAP, HTTP/Deltasync, Exchange). You never menti...

Enter Network Password
New computer running XP and using Outlook 2002. I keep getting a box appear that's title "Enter Network Password". "Please type in user name and password". I don't have a network. This thing appears every few minutes all day long. It will not remember the password and I don't know how to get rid of it. It is very annoying. Any hints will be appreciated. At first I was using Outlook Express and it appeared then also. thank you. This didn't work. Still getting that annoying pop up=20 window "Enter Network Password". Once again... I...

Enter Network Password
I am trying to open and populate an Excel template through ActiveX controls on our intranet site. Now although it works, I get this annoying prompt which asks for 'Enter Network Password'. If I select cancel, everything works as it should. I have not set up any special security on the hosted xlt files. All permissions seem to be good on the web server. I've seen many newsgroup items that say SR1-a will fix this for Office 2000. This doesn't seem to apply to my problem. I've applied the patch, used office 2002 and 2003 and all give the same prompt for a network passwor...

Enter network password box #2
The "Enter Network Password" box in Outlook keeps appearing even though I've checked the box to remember my password. I can't send email messages out. Any suggestions? ...

Enter Network Password Outlook xp
It seems that every few minutes, outlook forgets my authenication. It displays a message asking me to enter my network password. Does anyone have a solution to this? its quite annoying. NB Outlook doesnt ask for network passwords. Sounds like the network card is going to sleep and you need to reconnect to the network after a long pause or inactivity. NETWORK PLACES / VIEW CONNECTION /PROPERTIES / CONFIGURE / POWER. Uncheck allow card to sleep. Thom Apply Service Pack 1 and Service Pack 2 for Outlook 2002....this eliminated the problem for me ...

Outlook 2003
I have Outlook 2003 configured to check my email accounts every 10 minutes. I am now continually getting pop-up messages asking me to enter my network password. I keep clicking the checkbox to 'Save password' but the message window still keeps popping up for each account. I have re-created the accounts but am still getting these annoying pop- ups. I have finally reverted back to manually checking for mail by turning of the auto check and hitting the send & receive. Anyone got any ideas as to why it is doing this and what can be done to fix it?? Frustrated!!! Go to too...

"Enter Network Password" Prompt During Configuration
I have installed MS Outlook 2007 on my SP3 XP Home computer. I just recently installed this on my computer after re-installing the Operating System. I had the account set up and it was working fine prior to re-installing the Operating System. Now I am constantly prompted to re-enter my username and password. I have checked, double checked and triple checked all my settings and I do not know what the problem is. I have attached a screen shot of some of the settings, errors and the screen I am getting. Admins if this is in the wrong place, please move it. I h...

enter network password came up cant recieve email
I cant recieve emails after enter network password came up.This comes up filled out,but when ok is entered it reapears. Bummer - care to try this again and actually provide some information = that would allow troubleshooting? Outlook version? Operating system? Mail Account Type? --=20 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After furious head scratching, remuss asked: | I cant recieve emails after enter network password came up.This comes | up filled out,but when ok is entered it reapears. ...

Why does "Enter Network Password" pop up sometimes?
Why does the "Enter Network Password" box pop up sometimes in Outlook when I send/receive mail? This mainly occurs when I have not composed mail to go out & am just checking for new mail. "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B3A85AEB-6C04-494D-A02F-4DDFB21896F3@microsoft.com... > Why does the "Enter Network Password" box pop up sometimes in Outlook when > I > send/receive mail? This mainly occurs when I have not composed mail to go > out > & am just checking for new mail. There may be a timeout in us...

Enter Network Password
I am repeatedly being prompted for a network password for my mail server. I followed the MS advice to install Office SP1 and SP2 and have checked the accounts set up to ensure there is only one account. I have also followed the advice to edit the registry and remove the Key as specified in the Knowledge base. I am still being prompted. Any ideas please. Clearly this isn't serious but it is annoying. I think it began about a month or so ago. All the best Dr Dodge There have been several recent issues with passwords not being retained with Outlook. If you're running Outlook ...

enter network password? why?
I recently tried to enter a new email address for my POP Mail server settings. Now, I try to send/receive messages and a box pops up to enter my network password. I have never set up this password and just want it to go away...I can't send or receive messages til I do. (Using Outlook 2003) "=?Utf-8?B?QmVybiBUWA==?=" <Bern TX@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:790E61F0-0F00-4B13-A874-DB29BCE49018@microsoft.com: > I recently tried to enter a new email address for my POP Mail server > settings. Now, I try to send/receive messages and a box pops up to >...

Enter Network Password keeps appearing
Hi, For some reason when Outlook is sending/checking for new messages it comes up 'Enter Network Password' this problem does not happen all the time only about 60% and this still happens even though I checked the box to save my password. Do you know why this is happening? Also have you got any idea why I receive approx 6 e-mails a day supposidly from Microsft telling me to update a patch etc? I just delete them as soon as I get them becuase Ive heard they are viruses. The e-mails are approx 120kb and have the same layout as your website. I have PC-Cillin but it does not su...

"Enter Network Password" Problem
I have posted before in this group and received the suggestion to check out: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=290684 and I did this and followed every step to try to resolve the problem of Outlook wanting me to enter my password every time I open the program and then every few minutes after that. I've even tried uninstalling the entire Outlook program and reinstalling, removing my email account and then adding it as a new one. The problem does not seem to be with Gmail, my email account. When I try to edit the registry to remove the information, there is nothing under the Protected Stor...