Outlook 2003 - rules copy messages instead of moving them

Hello,

I migrate from Outlook Express 6 to Outlook 2003.
I have problems with my rules:

I have a first set of rules to MOVE messages to specific folders
according to e-mail addresses (To: ...)
AND
a second set of rules to filter spam (MOVE messages to Deleted Items)

This set of rules worked perfectly with OE6 (more than 90% of spam
filtered).
With Outlook 2003, COPIES of messages filtered remain in Inbox and
specific folders of first set of rules. So I have now 3 copies of 200
junk mails per day, now... It is a real problem

Why does Outlook make COPIES of the messages when I ask to MOVE them?
There is a "move AND copy" rule for this, isn'it it?
How can I process two rules, one after another, without having these
copies of messages?

My first set of rules cannot have a "stop processing mors rules" (as
suggested in other newsgroups), otherwise the rules to filter spam
won't be applied.

Any suggestion or trick?

Thank you in adavnce!
Christophe

do you have 'stop processing' added to the rules? try it...

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"Christophe" <register@fabric.ch> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I migrate from Outlook Express 6 to Outlook 2003.
> I have problems with my rules:
>
> I have a first set of rules to MOVE messages to specific folders
> according to e-mail addresses (To: ...)
> AND
> a second set of rules to filter spam (MOVE messages to Deleted Items)
>
> This set of rules worked perfectly with OE6 (more than 90% of spam
> filtered).
> With Outlook 2003, COPIES of messages filtered remain in Inbox and
> specific folders of first set of rules. So I have now 3 copies of 200
> junk mails per day, now... It is a real problem
>
> Why does Outlook make COPIES of the messages when I ask to MOVE them?
> There is a "move AND copy" rule for this, isn'it it?
> How can I process two rules, one after another, without having these
> copies of messages?
>
> My first set of rules cannot have a "stop processing mors rules" (as
> suggested in other newsgroups), otherwise the rules to filter spam
> won't be applied.
>
> Any suggestion or trick?
>
> Thank you in adavnce!
> Christophe

0
dianenws (1904)
12/30/2003 2:42:40 PM
It's a "solution" if you don't process several rules one after another
to refine your filters.

So, there is apparently no way to MOVE  a message twice without
leaving a copy in the first folder... According to me, this COPY
"automatic function" should be set by users, or at least could be
disabled by users...

Or do you know another way to do it?

christophe

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <dianenws@poremsky.com> wrote in message news:<#vS#xMuzDHA.2580@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>...
> do you have 'stop processing' added to the rules? try it...
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

> Search for answers: http://groups.google.com
> Most recent posts to the Outlook newsgroups:
> http://groups.google.com/groups?as_ugroup=microsoft.public.outlook.*&num=30
>
> "Christophe" <register@fabric.ch> wrote in message
> > Hello,
> >
> > I migrate from Outlook Express 6 to Outlook 2003.
> > I have problems with my rules:
> >
> > I have a first set of rules to MOVE messages to specific folders
> > according to e-mail addresses (To: ...)
> > AND
> > a second set of rules to filter spam (MOVE messages to Deleted Items)
> >
> > This set of rules worked perfectly with OE6 (more than 90% of spam
> > filtered).
> > With Outlook 2003, COPIES of messages filtered remain in Inbox and
> > specific folders of first set of rules. So I have now 3 copies of 200
> > junk mails per day, now... It is a real problem
> >
> > Why does Outlook make COPIES of the messages when I ask to MOVE them?
> > There is a "move AND copy" rule for this, isn'it it?
> > How can I process two rules, one after another, without having these
> > copies of messages?
> >
> > My first set of rules cannot have a "stop processing mors rules" (as
> > suggested in other newsgroups), otherwise the rules to filter spam
> > won't be applied.
> >
> > Any suggestion or trick?
> >
> > Thank you in adavnce!
> > Christophe
Christophe <register@fabric.ch> wrote:

> It's a "solution" if you don't process several rules one after another
> to refine your filters.

Try placing the rule to do the move after all the "refinement" rules and use
the "Stop processing more rules" condition on that one.
--
Brian Tillman
Smiths Aerospace

Tillman (1436)
12/31/2003 4:58:09 PM
thank you brian.
that's the way to do it...
nonetheless, this COPY of messages made by outlook remains a "bug", according to me.

best,
christophe

"Brian Tillman" <Tillman@sparkingwire.com> wrote in message news:<#ZXyG97zDHA.2148@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl>...
> Christophe <register@fabric.ch> wrote:
>
> > It's a "solution" if you don't process several rules one after another
> > to refine your filters.
>
> Try placing the rule to do the move after all the "refinement" rules and use
> the "Stop processing more rules" condition on that one.

Crash on 'Send"

Copy entire row where CellValue=0

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

copy my vb project... is it as easy as copying the directory..
Hi, I want to take a copy of a project so I have two projects the same.. the idea is i can play around with one, and not effect the original.. is it as easy as just using file explorer to copy the directory from say c:\project1 to c:\project2... or do the project files like forms etc have paths in them and therefore I can't just copy like this.. thanks "AussieRules" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:uzrSvxp6KHA.5112@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I want to take a copy of a project so I have two projects the same.. the > i...

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Password Issue with MS Money 2003

Excel 2007

move cell contents