Outlook 2003 - Replied emails from inbox subfolder don't appear in sent folder but in subfolder itself

Hello,

we have one client pc with Outlook 2003 where the following problem
occurs:
if a mail is replied from a user created sub folder of the inbox, the
reply will not appear in sent mails, but will end up in the same sub
folder, sender and recipient appear as identical. The mail goes out
properly though, it's just that Outlook sets internally sender =
recipient and bounces the reply back to the subfolder in which the
original mail is stored.
This happens on a Win 2000 machine with SP4 and all updates, the other
clients use  Outlook 2000 or XP and there is no such problem.
There are no rules set, this Outlook has a very standard setup.

I looked in the newsgroups, there were similar problems but no quite
the same like this. Maybe someone has heared about it though...

Many thanks for any answers anyway!

Marcus

Tools | Options | E-mail Options | Advanced Options | In folders other than
Inbox ...

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of

<marcus.schaetzle@sprachcaffe.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> we have one client pc with Outlook 2003 where the following problem
> occurs:
> if a mail is replied from a user created sub folder of the inbox, the
> reply will not appear in sent mails, but will end up in the same sub
> folder, sender and recipient appear as identical. The mail goes out
> properly though, it's just that Outlook sets internally sender =
> recipient and bounces the reply back to the subfolder in which the
> original mail is stored.
> This happens on a Win 2000 machine with SP4 and all updates, the other
> clients use  Outlook 2000 or XP and there is no such problem.
> There are no rules set, this Outlook has a very standard setup.
>
> I looked in the newsgroups, there were similar problems but no quite
> the same like this. Maybe someone has heared about it though...
>
> Many thanks for any answers anyway!
>
> Marcus

0
suemvp (4038)
9/10/2004 1:42:36 PM
Thanks, that was it... Interesting book you offer, will buy it... So
much on the subject "Signatures increase sales" ;-)