Outlook 2003, Relaying denied error, Windows XP

I seem to have a problem when Outlook 2003 is first opened that it will not allow an email with an attachment to be sent.  A 'Relaying denied' error message comes up.  If I send an email without attachment this works OK and triggers the Norton anit virus software to check email before sent.  After this the problem seems to go away i.e. I can now send attachments.

Any ideas on why this error occurrs ?  Is there a setup feature I've missed ?
0
anonymous (74722)

Have you set up authentication to your outgoing server ("More Settings..."
on your account page, go to the "Outgoing Server" tab)?  Often, "relaying
denied" results from not authenticating.

--
Jeff Stephenson
Outlook Development

"Mark Calkin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> I seem to have a problem when Outlook 2003 is first opened that it will
not allow an email with an attachment to be sent.  A 'Relaying denied' error
message comes up.  If I send an email without attachment this works OK and
triggers the Norton anit virus software to check email before sent.  After
this the problem seems to go away i.e. I can now send attachments.

> Any ideas on why this error occurrs ?  Is there a setup feature I've
missed ?

0
stephenson (1246)

Windows XP x64 MFC application problem
I can't start my application on Windows XP Prof. 64-bit wersion, there is messagebox "Failed to create empty document". Application works fine on Windows 2000 SP4 and Windows XP Prof. SP2. What can I do to solove this probem? >I can't start my application on Windows XP Prof. 64-bit wersion, there is >messagebox "Failed to create empty document". Application works fine on >Windows 2000 SP4 and Windows XP Prof. SP2. What can I do to solove this >probem? The obvious response is - try debugging it on that platform and find where it's giving rise ...

Outlook Sales

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

allowing relaying... security issues
We are using Exchange 2000 on an SBS 2000 machine. We signed up with Spam Soap - an outside company to provide incoming/outgoing SMTP mail filtering . As part of their service, you also configure them as a "smart host". This is configured in the virtual SMTP Server area - in the advanced options for delivery. Also, in order to have this work properly, the SMTP Connector we had configured in the 'Connectors' area also had to be removed. We have an in-house VB .net application that automatically sends auto-generated emails. This particular application is configured and...

Error 550 Relaying denied

cannot open hyper links in outlook

outlook 97 and express email problems

CSV Files and VLOOKUP error