Outlook 2003 password

Hi !

Can I set up Outlook 2003 to ask me for a password when I
open the program ???

Thanks for your help !

Marcus
0
anonymous (74722)

Sure - just set a password on the outlook.pst.

Open Outlook, then click on OUtlook Today.  Select options, then advanced.
Set your password using the password option.  Remember that if you leave
your computer, you will need to either shut down Outlook or use a password
protected screensaver to ensure the best security available at the desktop
without third party utilities.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the
Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out
reading.

Marcus <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked:

| Hi !
|
| Can I set up Outlook 2003 to ask me for a password when I
| open the program ???
|
| Thanks for your help !
|
| Marcus

0
MillyS1 (1480)

Outlook Sales

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

password protection paramenters
Hello, I want to be able to unprotect my sheet, add a wordart graphi and reprotect my sheet. The problem I am having is when I do this wit code the file is protected with the default parameters selected. I wan to be able to enable wordart so I can insert a wordart object and the protect the sheet again. I want to get around the user being able to just delect the added wor art. When protected I would like the following parameters to be set: Allow users to select locked cells select Unlocked cells format cells format rows Its the "edit objects" parameter that needs to be enabled fo...

How to suppress repeating password prompts and scope pre-emption?
Outlook (2003,2007, perhaps other versions also) has an absolutely enraging feature seemingly devised to intentionallly cause major distress and anguish on the parts of its users, to wit: Whenever an email account provider computer decides the account has been open too long and requests a new logon, (ATT/Yahoo) or an account was never able to log on in the first place (bad password) a window periodically pops up and the keyboard entry goes directly into the password field with no warning. I am often typing an email etc. and find that the previous paragraph of text, some of i...

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

cannot open hyper links in outlook

outlook 97 and express email problems