Outlook 2003 opens up automatically with a message dialog box.

Hello,
I am using outlook 2003. After logging into the computer, outlook comes
up automatically and prompts a message dialgo box "Outlook is about to
import information into your Email accounts.  This can potentially
modify or replace your existing E-mail account settings. Would you like
to import the account settings? (Outlook will be opened after you click
Yes or No)."
I have tried following;
- scan the machine with adaware
- scan the machine with anti-virus
-checked msconfig under startup tab, nothing suspiscious found there.
- Un install and re install Office 2003
- Re create windows profile.
Nothing worked, the message is still poping up. any suggestions ?
Thanks.
Faisal.

0
mfaisald (15)

What happens if you check the "No" button?

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, mfaisald@gmail.com asked:

| Hello,
| I am using outlook 2003. After logging into the computer, outlook
| comes up automatically and prompts a message dialgo box "Outlook is
| about to import information into your Email accounts.  This can
| potentially modify or replace your existing E-mail account settings.
| Would you like to import the account settings? (Outlook will be
| opened after you click Yes or No)."
| I have tried following;
| - scan the machine with adaware
| - scan the machine with anti-virus
| -checked msconfig under startup tab, nothing suspiscious found there.
| - Un install and re install Office 2003
| - Re create windows profile.
| Nothing worked, the message is still poping up. any suggestions ?
| Thanks.
| Faisal.

0
MillyS (3228)
1/31/2006 4:48:18 PM
Whether Yes or No, it opens up Outlook fine. My question is
- Why outlook is opening up automatically
- Why this dialog box pops up everytime.

0
mfaisald (15)
1/31/2006 5:36:39 PM
Remove the Outlook shortcut from your startup folder.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, mfaisald@gmail.com asked:

| Whether Yes or No, it opens up Outlook fine. My question is
| - Why outlook is opening up automatically
| - Why this dialog box pops up everytime.

0
MillyS (3228)

Max number of Rules in Outlook
Hi everyone: Just a simple question that may be a common curiosity: does anyone know what is the max number of rules I can set up in Outlook? I have reached about 70 rules and the I get the message that there is no further space on the server. Maybe it is just a matter of room and the number it is not a limitation? Thanks for answering. Cheers That's it indeed; you can only store up to 32KB of e-mail rules. Disabled rules don't count but you're properly better of combining some rules or see if they are still needed. -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the mo...

Outlook needs Outlook Express to work

Runtime Error when closing OUTLOOK 2k

Password Issue with MS Money 2003

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

data input in text box

Crash on 'Send"

Addressing within Exchange 2003

Reminders in Outlook

Pointer to Dialog Instance
Hello, all: I have an edit control that I would like to assign some text. I assign a variable -- called m_Name -- to the control, and I tried calling m_Name.SetWindowText("Blagh"). It didn't work. I looked at my code and realized that the function is external to the dialog box class. So, how can I obtain a pointer to the dialog from within my separate function, so I can call SetWindowText as follows... pointer->m_Name.SetWindowText("Blagh"); Thank you, Saul > It didn't work. What happened? Assert? Was m_Name subclassed correclty and it was alre...

Planned Open Market Days

Outlook 2003

Message comes as an attachment