Outlook 2003 & Office 2000 together

Due to a recent hardware upgrade I am running Outlook 2003
on a server but the still using Office 2000 for the other
programs. One of my users, bless him, inists on using
the "the Genius" office assistant, this is not available
as standard on Outlook 2003 and clashes with the other
Office programs. Is there a fix where i get The Genius to
work with Outlook 2003?

anonymous (74722)

David <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Due to a recent hardware upgrade I am running Outlook 2003
> on a server but the still using Office 2000 for the other
> programs. One of my users, bless him, inists on using
> the "the Genius" office assistant, this is not available
> as standard on Outlook 2003 and clashes with the other
> Office programs. Is there a fix where i get The Genius to
> work with Outlook 2003?

The Office Assistant will not work correctly if you have mixed versions
within Office.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)
8/27/2004 4:11:41 PM
No.

Mercury <Mercury@matchmail.net> wrote:

> No.

To what are you saying, "no"?  No, the Office Assistant won't work correctly
in mixed version Office installations (which agrees with my statement) or
no, I'm wrong, it will work correctly in those situatons?

My experience is that, if I use it from within one Office product only, it
will work fine, but if I switch to a product of a different version (for
example, of Outlook is 2003 and Word is 2002), it reverts back to Clippy, if
it doesn't stop working altogether with a message that the Office Assistant
can't be found.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)
8/31/2004 1:20:57 PM
I answered the OP question. That was the only question on offer as far as I
was aware?

> Mercury <Mercury@matchmail.net> wrote:
>
> > No.
>
> To what are you saying, "no"?  No, the Office Assistant won't work
correctly
> in mixed version Office installations (which agrees with my statement) or
> no, I'm wrong, it will work correctly in those situatons?
>
> My experience is that, if I use it from within one Office product only, it
> will work fine, but if I switch to a product of a different version (for
> example, of Outlook is 2003 and Word is 2002), it reverts back to Clippy,
if
> it doesn't stop working altogether with a message that the Office
Assistant
> can't be found.
> --
> Brian Tillman

Mercury <Mercury@matchmail.net> wrote:

> I answered the OP question.

But you didn't reply to the OP's post, you replied to mine.  That's why I
wondered.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)

MS CRM 3.0 and Exchange Server 2000
I have a query regarding installation of CRM E-mail Router. I have a MS CRM 3.0 installed on a Windows 2003 Server, we're using a Exchange Server 2000 on W2K Server SP4, can I install the Router on the Exchange Server 2000? check the implementaiton guide, it gives you system requirements "John Ding" wrote: > I have a query regarding installation of CRM E-mail Router. I have a MS CRM > 3.0 installed on a Windows 2003 Server, we're using a Exchange Server 2000 on > W2K Server SP4, can I install the Router on the Exchange Server 2000? > > > I have...

Synchronise Outlook 2003

Office 2007 and Windows 7 Multilingual Issue
Hi All, Need some help setting up multilingual for Office 2007. Here's what I have: OS: Windowns 2007 Enterprise Office: Office 2007 Pro w/ SP2 Language Pack: Install several language packs thru the Windows 7 Update process So, here's the thing. I can't get the UI in the office apps (WOrd, Excel, etc) to display the language I want. For example, I want the ribbon to display in Chinese. Reading thru the documentations from Microsoft, it saids I need to select the laugage in the "Display Language" tab on All Programs -> Microsoft Office -> M...

Sharing Outlook #2

Outlook user profiles

Outlook 2003 cuts off lines

Microsoft Money 2003
When I try to print a chart or report, I get the message "This program has caused a default, etc." and it shuts down. Can you give me some hints on how to correct this? Thanks Is this all reports or a particular one? If it's only one, try resetting the report. If that doesn't help, try it in a new file. If it does it in multiple files, you may need to try updating your printer driver or removing and reinstalling Money. "Mary J" <mjohns04@mail.win.org> wrote in message news:035001c377cc$e2e77840$a301280a@phx.gbl... > When I try to print a chart or re...

Report Designer on Visual Studio 2005: Is it possible without 2003?
Do I have to install Visual Studio .NET 2003 to design new reports on CRM? I can't publish them on CRM when I have only the Visual Studio 2005 installed on my machine. When I install the SRS Designer, the Wizard tells me that I do not have the Visual Studio 2003. Thanks in advance! You need VS to create report rdl file. Visual Studio 2005 should work. To publish report you can log into CRM to upload your report file. "Juliano" <tom@jager.com> wrote in message news:B5808A28-946C-4F78-92DF-1C965F74448A@microsoft.com... > Do I have to install Visual Studio .NET 2...

Sending URL in Outlook XP

Exchange 5.5 to 2003 Migration Question #3
Hello, We are currently migrating users to Exchange 2003 from 5.5. The 5.5 server is located here and the new 2003 server is located in a different office. One user (who we have moved already) is trying to access and user's calendar, but that user is still on 5.5. They are getting the following error: unable to display the folder. The information store could not be opened Any ideas on how to make the user on 2003 (running Outlook 2003) connect to the user's calendar on the 5.5 server? The user has the "Owner" permission on the 5.5 calendar. Thanks! ...

Office XP on a windows 7 machine
I currently own Office Professional XP. I have to buy a new machine that will have Windows 7 as the OS. Will I still be able to install my software on this new machine w/o any issues? Or will I be forced to buy a newer version? I don't know about 32 bit vs 64 bit, Or various versions or beta's, I just want to use what I have on whatever machine I buy. Thanks Tom If no naswer here check the Win7 forum at: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/w7itpro "Tom" <TesnoBay@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:38e18fec-2219-467c-...

Importing Outlook 2003 to Win 98 Outlook

Is this possible within Excel 2000?
Hi, I've used Excel on a get by basis for many years at work, and I'm just beginning to realise its vast capabilities, having viewed several groups which I didn't know existed previously. I subsequently would like to ask if it is possible for Excel to look at the numerical or text content of a cell on one worksheet and then look at a predefined range on another worksheet and find the equivalent cell content and then move the cursor to that cell? This has me stumped presently. Thanks in advance for any assistance. J.J. To actually move the selection, you'd need to use a litt...

Excel 2000 fail to open workbook

Outlook Signatures #4

Deleting Multiple Public Folders
Hi Folks; I have Exchange 2000 installed and I had configured a newsfeed. That made about 65,000 public folders and I later decided to remove the newsfeed. I can delete the folders one by one but I can't seem to delete them all en masse. Does anyone know how to efficiently delete these public folders? Unsubscribing from the newsfeed first, of course. Can you delete multiples using Outlook? "Marvin Miller" <sales@real.com> wrote in message news:e49WxLcYGHA.4884@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi Folks; > > I have Exchange 2000 installed and I had configured a news...

Outlook 2003: export accounts settings

Outlook 2002 cannot see address book

Outlook/Exchange 2000 connection problem