Outlook 2003 not responding #8

Hi

I have an ongoing problem with Outlook 2003 not responding. If I try to
delete any emails from my inbox after deleting two or three the program will
hang and stop responding.

I am using a connection to an Exchange server via wi-fi and a VPN. I am
using a Dell Latitude laptop PC with an identical setup to five others in
the office, who don't have the same problem as me. This problem happens even
if I try to work offline, I have tried to make a repair, a complete
re-install of Office standard, an upgrade to Office Professional and I have
even tried disabling the anti-virus software without success.

The unresponsive program has been reported to Microsoft many times without
any feedback from microsoft.

Has any one else here had a similar problem, I'm about out of patience with
this software, if I could use Mozilla Thunderbird on the company exchange
server I would get rid of Outlook forever!

Thanks in advance

Martin

Tried it with a new ost-file already? Rename the ost-file for your profile
to .old and have Outlook resysnc with the Exchange server. If you have a big
mailbox and/or a slow connection it's better to do this at the Office where
you have a direct conection to the Exchange server.

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-FREE tool; QuickMail. Create new Outlook items anywhere from within Windows
-Properly back-up and restore your Outlook data

-----
"Martin Adams" <martinnospamadams@dsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I have an ongoing problem with Outlook 2003 not responding. If I try to
> delete any emails from my inbox after deleting two or three the program
> will hang and stop responding.
>
> I am using a connection to an Exchange server via wi-fi and a VPN. I am
> using a Dell Latitude laptop PC with an identical setup to five others in
> the office, who don't have the same problem as me. This problem happens
> even if I try to work offline, I have tried to make a repair, a complete
> re-install of Office standard, an upgrade to Office Professional and I
> have even tried disabling the anti-virus software without success.
>
> The unresponsive program has been reported to Microsoft many times without
> any feedback from microsoft.
>
> Has any one else here had a similar problem, I'm about out of patience
> with this software, if I could use Mozilla Thunderbird on the company
> exchange server I would get rid of Outlook forever!
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Martin

0
Roady

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

Crash on 'Send"

Outlook needs Outlook Express to work

Password Issue with MS Money 2003

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Outlook 2003

cant start outlook pst file to large

Outlook "Ruler" won't go away

Addressing within Exchange 2003

Reminders in Outlook

Outlook default to paragraph

Office 2003, Outlook (Outlook Today)...

Outlook Express 6 w/multiple accounts

outlook 98 corperate forms

Moving Contacts to Outlook Address Book

Publisher Not Responding
I installed MS Office Small Business. Excel and Publisher are locking up as soon as I try to do anything. When I CRTL ALT DEL the programs are "not responding." Is there a file that could be missing. I remember something about a kernel file from MS Office 98. I would apppreciate your help. Thanks. Have you installed the service packs? http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/search.aspx?displaylang=en -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/getting_started.htm "Steve" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in ...

Import from Eudora 6 to Outlook 2003