Outlook 2003 not checking for new mail at startup

I have followed QID312336 but still not working. Does
anyone have another suggestion? Win XP Home, Compaq
R3120US laptop, Office 2003 Professional.  Thanks!
0
mhoaglan (2)

How could we?
You've provided no information.
At the very least you should post your mail account type, connection type,
automatic polling settings, and exactly what isn't working, including the
difference between automatic and manual polling behavior.

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Mike" <mhoaglan@comcast.net> wrote in message
> I have followed QID312336 but still not working. Does
> anyone have another suggestion? Win XP Home, Compaq
> R3120US laptop, Office 2003 Professional.  Thanks!

0
russval (3097)
6/6/2004 10:04:26 PM
OK - mail account type is pop3
Connection is through a cable modem
In send/Receive settings, in the send/receive groups I
have all accounts, online and offline configured
to "Include this group in send/receive (F9)" - not
configured to check mail on a schedule. Both Send and
Receive mail items is checked in properties.

When I start Outlook 2003 it does not automatically check
for new mail. When I hit send/receive new mail is
received. I followed Q312336 below but that did not fix
it.

SYMPTOMS
When you start Microsoft Outlook, Outlook does not
automatically perform a send and receive operation to
download messages from the server.
CAUSE
This behavior can occur because of a damaged Send/Receive
group within Outlook.
RESOLUTION
To resolve this behavior, create a new Send/Receive group
in Outlook:
On the Tools menu, point to Send/Receive Settings, and
then click Define Send/Receive Groups
Under Group Name, click the group, and then click Copy.
Under Send/Receive Group Name, type the new group name,
and then click OK.
Under Group Name, click the old group name.
Under both When Outlook is Online and When Outlook is
Offline, click to clear the check box for Include this
group in Send/Receive (F9).
Click Close.
Quit Outlook, and then restart Outlook.

What can I try next? Thanks.

0
anonymous (74722)
6/7/2004 1:59:44 AM
Check the option to have Outlook send/receive on a schedule.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer,
anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com asked:

| OK - mail account type is pop3
| Connection is through a cable modem
| In send/Receive settings, in the send/receive groups I
| have all accounts, online and offline configured
| to "Include this group in send/receive (F9)" - not
| configured to check mail on a schedule. Both Send and
| Receive mail items is checked in properties.
|
| When I start Outlook 2003 it does not automatically check
| for new mail. When I hit send/receive new mail is
| received. I followed Q312336 below but that did not fix
| it.
|
| This article was previously published under Q312336
| SYMPTOMS
| When you start Microsoft Outlook, Outlook does not
| automatically perform a send and receive operation to
| download messages from the server.
| CAUSE
| This behavior can occur because of a damaged Send/Receive
| group within Outlook.
| RESOLUTION
| To resolve this behavior, create a new Send/Receive group
| in Outlook:
| On the Tools menu, point to Send/Receive Settings, and
| then click Define Send/Receive Groups
| Under Group Name, click the group, and then click Copy.
| Under Send/Receive Group Name, type the new group name,
| and then click OK.
| Under Group Name, click the old group name.
| Under both When Outlook is Online and When Outlook is
| Offline, click to clear the check box for Include this
| group in Send/Receive (F9).
| Click Close.
| Quit Outlook, and then restart Outlook.
|

| What can I try next? Thanks.

0
MillyS9060 (3207)
6/7/2004 3:04:40 AM
You haven't configured an automatic Send/Receive interval.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
> OK - mail account type is pop3
> Connection is through a cable modem
> In send/Receive settings, in the send/receive groups I
> have all accounts, online and offline configured
> to "Include this group in send/receive (F9)" - not
> configured to check mail on a schedule. Both Send and
> Receive mail items is checked in properties.
>
> When I start Outlook 2003 it does not automatically check
> for new mail. When I hit send/receive new mail is
> received. I followed Q312336 below but that did not fix
> it.
>
> This article was previously published under Q312336
> SYMPTOMS
> When you start Microsoft Outlook, Outlook does not
> automatically perform a send and receive operation to
> download messages from the server.
> CAUSE
> This behavior can occur because of a damaged Send/Receive
> group within Outlook.
> RESOLUTION
> To resolve this behavior, create a new Send/Receive group
> in Outlook:
> On the Tools menu, point to Send/Receive Settings, and
> then click Define Send/Receive Groups
> Under Group Name, click the group, and then click Copy.
> Under Send/Receive Group Name, type the new group name,
> and then click OK.
> Under Group Name, click the old group name.
> Under both When Outlook is Online and When Outlook is
> Offline, click to clear the check box for Include this
> group in Send/Receive (F9).
> Click Close.
> Quit Outlook, and then restart Outlook.
>

> What can I try next? Thanks.

0
russval (3097)
6/7/2004 10:02:25 AM
The schedule is not how I prefer it to send/receive mail,
nor do I want to have to manually start it. Outlook
Express and older versions of Outlook that I have
installed before used to retreive new mail as soon as I
start the application. Is there another setting that I'm
missing?

0
mhoaglan (2)
6/7/2004 3:46:31 PM
Mike <mhoaglan@comcast.net> wrote:

> The schedule is not how I prefer it to send/receive mail,
> nor do I want to have to manually start it.

That's the only way you'll get your Outlook to send/receive on startup.
--
Brian Tillman
0
> The schedule is not how I prefer it to send/receive mail,
> nor do I want to have to manually start it. Outlook
> Express and older versions of Outlook that I have
> installed before used to retreive new mail as soon as I
> start the application. Is there another setting that I'm
> missing?

0
russval (3097)
6/7/2004 10:40:17 PM
Sorry guys, I implemented the send recieve schedule for 5 minute intervals; I have the same setup as Mike, windows xp, cable, pop3, and outllook 2003, and the only messages outlook is downloading are the ones I alread received (duplicates)
This is a pain, my friends.

"Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

> Outlook has always required an automatic Send/Receive setting to poll on
> launch. Most users who do not want subsequent polls just set a very long
> interval, like 24 hours.
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "Mike" <mhoaglan@comcast.net> wrote in message
> > The schedule is not how I prefer it to send/receive mail,
> > nor do I want to have to manually start it. Outlook
> > Express and older versions of Outlook that I have
> > installed before used to retreive new mail as soon as I
> > start the application. Is there another setting that I'm
> > missing?

Do you have a firewall or AV set to scan incoming and outgoing mail?  If
yes, turn it off and see if the situation improves.  Also, do you have Send
Immediately When Connected checked?  Is your connection type set to LAN?

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Shopping_Tx asked:

| Sorry guys, I implemented the send recieve schedule for 5 minute
| intervals; I have the same setup as Mike, windows xp, cable, pop3,
| and outllook 2003, and the only messages outlook is downloading are
| the ones I alread received (duplicates) This is a pain, my friends.
|

| "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:
|
|| Outlook has always required an automatic Send/Receive setting to
|| poll on
|| launch. Most users who do not want subsequent polls just set a very
|| long
|| interval, like 24 hours.
|| --
|| Russ Valentine
|| [MVP-Outlook]
|| "Mike" <mhoaglan@comcast.net> wrote in message
||| The schedule is not how I prefer it to send/receive mail,
||| nor do I want to have to manually start it. Outlook
||| Express and older versions of Outlook that I have
||| installed before used to retreive new mail as soon as I
||| start the application. Is there another setting that I'm
||| missing?

0
MillyS9060 (3207)

Auto delete windows mail?
I'm using Windows mail with Vista. My junk folder has auto emptied twice in the last two months. I can't figure out why. Any help out there? -- marty "srmarty" <srmarty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D87CB396-6251-45C3-BC9A-DF77952EC095@microsoft.com... > I'm using Windows mail with Vista. My junk folder has auto emptied twice > in > the last two months. I can't figure out why. Any help out there? > -- > marty Tools>options>advanced tab>maintenance button. -- Regards Steve. MS-MVP. MAIL. ...

Crash on 'Send"

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

New Disk storage

Password Issue with MS Money 2003

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

function to check for entry
I'll try and make this as clear as I can... I am looking for a function that will check column b,c,d,e for an entr if there is an entry then check row n in the same row for it's value. that's the first bit, then I need to be able to check the date valu (month) in column a and total it for the month. perhaps I could run the first function only looking for month=1 o something and just run it 12 times? not sure how to go about this -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com well I've got this far but it still doesn't work and gives an error: =IF(MONTH(A3:A167)=4,...

Recieve Mail Before Sending

Outlook needs Outlook Express to work

Outlook "Ruler" won't go away

cant start outlook pst file to large