Guys,

I am getting a lot of spam recently, at least looking at the numbers of
mails in my junk folder.

However, it turns out that these messages are not spam at all, but just
regular messages (even from the same domain), that should remain in the
regular inbox. Even when I identify a message as 'Not spam', then
subsequent messages from that sender keep popping up in the junk
folder.

Obviously I have changed the junk mail settings to 'No automatic
filtering' but Outlook keeps thinking it is smarter than I am.

Any idea? Googled the internet already but couldn't find another victim
of this artificial intelligence.

Cheers,
Gerco

On 1 Jul 2005 01:07:54 -0700, "Gerco" <Gerco.Grandia@LogicaCMG.com>
wrote:

>Guys,
>
>I am getting a lot of spam recently, at least looking at the numbers of
>mails in my junk folder.
>
>However, it turns out that these messages are not spam at all, but just
>regular messages (even from the same domain), that should remain in the
>regular inbox. Even when I identify a message as 'Not spam', then
>subsequent messages from that sender keep popping up in the junk
>folder.
>
>Obviously I have changed the junk mail settings to 'No automatic
>filtering' but Outlook keeps thinking it is smarter than I am.
>
>Any idea? Googled the internet already but couldn't find another victim
>of this artificial intelligence.

Are you using any rules which would move certain messages to the Junk
Email folder?
--
<<<SgtRich>>>
Chicago, Illinois, USA

Furthermore, my rules are client based and this seems to be a server
side thing.

Gerco <Gerco.Grandia@LogicaCMG.com> wrote:

> No, that was my first thought indeed. But if I put them into my inbox
> again, run all my rules they stay where they belong.
>
> Furthermore, my rules are client based and this seems to be a server
> side thing.

Check the other settings in Junk E-mail options, in particluar the country
codes and encodings.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)
7/1/2005 1:19:36 PM
Ah, that's a good one, but unfortunately no, everything seems to be
allowed.

Is there a way to turn on logging or something?

Gerco wrote:
> Guys,
>
> I am getting a lot of spam recently, at least looking at the numbers of
> mails in my junk folder.
>
> However, it turns out that these messages are not spam at all, but just
> regular messages (even from the same domain), that should remain in the
> regular inbox. Even when I identify a message as 'Not spam', then
> subsequent messages from that sender keep popping up in the junk
> folder.
>
> Obviously I have changed the junk mail settings to 'No automatic
> filtering' but Outlook keeps thinking it is smarter than I am.
>
> Any idea? Googled the internet already but couldn't find another victim
> of this artificial intelligence.
>
> Cheers,
> Gerco

Try setting up some safe senders (right click the email, Junk Mail, Safe
Sender)
0
MSGroups1 (6)
7/1/2005 4:45:03 PM
Is there any security software with spam control on the system?

--
"Bother," said Pooh as he struggled with the computer.

 "It never does quite what I want."

 "I wish Christopher Robin were here."

"Gerco" <Gerco.Grandia@LogicaCMG.com> wrote in message
> Guys,
>
> I am getting a lot of spam recently, at least looking at the numbers of
> mails in my junk folder.
>
> However, it turns out that these messages are not spam at all, but just
> regular messages (even from the same domain), that should remain in the
> regular inbox. Even when I identify a message as 'Not spam', then
> subsequent messages from that sender keep popping up in the junk
> folder.
>
> Obviously I have changed the junk mail settings to 'No automatic
> filtering' but Outlook keeps thinking it is smarter than I am.
>
> Any idea? Googled the internet already but couldn't find another victim
> of this artificial intelligence.
>
> Cheers,
> Gerco

0
v-2rguth (15)
7/2/2005 10:43:34 AM
The safe sender list I already tried, but to no avail. The problem is
that I am the one in the pack that is hit by this 'feature', for that
reason I was thinking it is a client side thing.

However, I realise now that it happens also when I log on via different
machines, and also when I leave the mail on the server, so I guess I
have to go to see the sys admin to see whether he can help me out.

Thanks for your effort so far.

Gerco

Gerco,

you are not alone.  I have exactly the same problem and, like you, have
tried everything obvious.  Did you ever find a solution or should I just give
up and re-install outlook?

Cheers
Edward Blackbird

"Gerco" wrote:

> Guys,
>
> I am getting a lot of spam recently, at least looking at the numbers of
> mails in my junk folder.
>
> However, it turns out that these messages are not spam at all, but just
> regular messages (even from the same domain), that should remain in the
> regular inbox. Even when I identify a message as 'Not spam', then
> subsequent messages from that sender keep popping up in the junk
> folder.
>
> Obviously I have changed the junk mail settings to 'No automatic
> filtering' but Outlook keeps thinking it is smarter than I am.
>
> Any idea? Googled the internet already but couldn't find another victim
> of this artificial intelligence.
>
> Cheers,
> Gerco

Gerco,

ignore my last note I think I've just found the solution to our prblem or at
least I have for mine so I hope it works for your too.

Go into: Tools; Rules and Alerts.
In there under email rules I had two rules called "sent only to me" (or
something similar) with a rule of "move to junk email". I deleted these rules
and (just to be sure) all others.  Problem solved...

Happy Inbox joy!

Blackbird

"Gerco" wrote:

> Guys,
>
> I am getting a lot of spam recently, at least looking at the numbers of
> mails in my junk folder.
>
> However, it turns out that these messages are not spam at all, but just
> regular messages (even from the same domain), that should remain in the
> regular inbox. Even when I identify a message as 'Not spam', then
> subsequent messages from that sender keep popping up in the junk
> folder.
>
> Obviously I have changed the junk mail settings to 'No automatic
> filtering' but Outlook keeps thinking it is smarter than I am.
>
> Any idea? Googled the internet already but couldn't find another victim
> of this artificial intelligence.
>
> Cheers,
> Gerco

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook

Outlook Sales

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails

using the journal on outlook

message delivery problems

will CRM load on a 2003 server?

Filters not working in Exchange 2003

errror message
error message: the selected assistant character is not available. microsoft outlook cannot install the neccessary files due to windows installer error 1605. this action is only valid for products that are currently installed. anyone please advise? ...