outlook 2003 missing emails offline

I am trying to setup a user with an offline folder in
outlook 2003. The problem is it does not download all his
emails. ON the server it shows he has 200 emails, but in
his offline it is only 30. I checked and there is no
filters or anything on it. I tried recreating his offline
folders and everything, to no avail. Any suggestions?

It looks like the emails he is missing are a month or so
old, although he has older ones from a few years ago?
0
ccahill (1)

Did you check to see which folders are set for offline synch?  Is this user
using Exchange Cached Mode?

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted
without reading.

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Chris C asked:

| I am trying to setup a user with an offline folder in
| outlook 2003. The problem is it does not download all his
| emails. ON the server it shows he has 200 emails, but in
| his offline it is only 30. I checked and there is no
| filters or anything on it. I tried recreating his offline
| folders and everything, to no avail. Any suggestions?
|
| It looks like the emails he is missing are a month or so
| old, although he has older ones from a few years ago?

0
MillyS5166 (1132)
2/2/2004 10:45:04 PM
I am experiencing the same thing. If I use Exchange Cache Mode, it
doesn't matter if it's online or offline, the person will still be
missing everything from a certain date backwards. If I do not use Cached
Mode, then everything is fine when online, and it reverts to old emails
again when offline.

Chris C wrote:
> I am trying to setup a user with an offline folder in
> outlook 2003. The problem is it does not download all his
> emails. ON the server it shows he has 200 emails, but in
> his offline it is only 30. I checked and there is no
> filters or anything on it. I tried recreating his offline
> folders and everything, to no avail. Any suggestions?
>
> It looks like the emails he is missing are a month or so
> old, although he has older ones from a few years ago?
0
memnoch (1)

Automatic Email Reply
I am going out of town and would like to have an automatic email replied to all emails that are sent to me. I know this can be done, but I just can not remember how to do it. Basically what it is, is when an email comes into my address my outlook will automatically send them an email back saying what ever I want it to. Can anyone help me????????????? Thank you What version of Outlook are you using? Note: this group does not support Outlook Express. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com...

Runtime Error when closing OUTLOOK 2k

Password Issue with MS Money 2003

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Outlook needs Outlook Express to work

Crash on 'Send"

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

Reminders in Outlook

Outlook default to paragraph

Addressing within Exchange 2003

Outlook "Ruler" won't go away

Offline defragmentation for Priv1
Hello, I have an Exchange 2000 standard server running for a long time. Now the priv1.edb is over 12GB. I have to move mailboxes from priv1 to other storage groups. After the movement, the priv1 has a lot of free space inside the database. I want to have an offline defragmentation to reduce the file so that the backup window can be shorter. I know there are some Exchange service accounts like Microsoft Schedule+ Free/Busy Connector, SMTP, System Attendant, SystemMailbox, etc. are stored in the priv1 database. When I dismount the priv1 for the offline deframentation, does the Exchange ...

cant start outlook pst file to large

Outlook 2003

hyperlinking email addresses

Outlook OOF