Outlook 2003 / Microsoft Office Connector / "locked" email address

Upon initiating Outlook 2003 for the first time, the Microsoft Office
Connector box pops up. Now because the first time I entered the email
address, I was not thinking and put the wrong "recognized" emial address in
the box. Now I am unable to insert the correct sign-in email address. It is
"grayed" out and I can't seem to change it, thus is not a recognized no
matter what I do. This has totally shut me down on using Outlook 2003. I have
uninstalled and reinstalled several times now with the same results. Please.
I am desperate. Thank you.
--
Musoswish
0

Control panel, mail. Delete the connector account and Add it back using your
correct address.

If this is your only account in the profile, I would make a new profile (use
a new name for it) - that option is also in Control panel, mail.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"Musofish" <Musofish@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Upon initiating Outlook 2003 for the first time, the Microsoft Office
> Connector box pops up. Now because the first time I entered the email
> address, I was not thinking and put the wrong "recognized" emial address
> in
> the box. Now I am unable to insert the correct sign-in email address. It
> is
> "grayed" out and I can't seem to change it, thus is not a recognized no
> matter what I do. This has totally shut me down on using Outlook 2003. I
> have
> uninstalled and reinstalled several times now with the same results.
> Please.
> I am desperate. Thank you.
> --
> Musoswish

0
outlookmvp (5838)

Locked records
I am having a bit of an annoying problem with my Access application. The data is held on a SQL 2000 server with Access front-end. I have a form (Form A) used for editing records, this form is launched from a command button on another form (Form B) and filters to a sepcific records on Form A dependant on the record in Form B. Nothing special here I use this technique all over this application. Form A opens up and displays the record I want but when ever I make a change and try to exit the form or save the record I get the following message: "The record has been changed by another user...

Message -- Worksheet xls. is locked for editing. What is this?
I cannot view or change the data in my worksheet because I am getting this message. Why, and how do I unlock it? Thanks for your help. gman gman Has someone else got the file open? If not........... Excel stores in Windows\Temp(win98) folder a copy(s) of any file that is open. Sometimes this *.tmp file is not deleted from the Temp folder when you close out Excel(maybe a crash of Excel?) or the file, so Excel thinks it is still open and locked for editing. You can try a re-boot and see if that clears it up. If not, after a re-boot, clear out your Windows\Temp folder. If using WinXP ...

File locked by both operating system and Excel.
I recently had a file appear locked and it opened read- only by Ecxel. Nowafter following the advice in http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#ReadOnly Excel says "Excel cannot access '<filename.xls>'. The document may be read-only or encrypted." After clicking OK, it displays "Cannot access '<filename.xls>'." If I try to move/delete the file, Windows XP (v2002, SP1) says "Cannot delete <filename.xls>: It is being used by another person or program. Close any programs that might be using the file and try again." All of t...

Cells User Select Locked after upgrade to Excel 2002
We have several Excel spreadsheets that were created and protected in Excel 97 and 2000. Many of the wks are forms used by personnel for submitting expense reports, planning travel, etc. Recently we migrated all of our users to Office XP (Excel 2002). Now when a user opens one of the spreadsheets created and protected in Excel 97/2000 in Excel 2002, enters data and then saves and closes it, when they re-open it all of the previously selected cells are un-selectable by the user. If the user just opens one of the wks and does not make any changes and then saves it, when they reopen it the ce...

locked by 'another user'
When I try and open a shared workbook, from any computer in our office, I get an error message saying that the file is "locked for editing by 'another user'." It actually says "another user" and not just the name of one of the computers in the network. This file is updated from time to time, and we are currently unable to do so. Help is appreciated. Thank you!! Jeremy ...

unable to draw graph when workstn locked
Hi, I use excel via OLE automation for creating graphs and doing some basic analysis. The graphs are exported as PNG and displayed in html pages. For sake of argument let's say the calling program is invoked via the scheduler, running as me. So far so good. The problem is, that as soon as the machine is locked, even as soon as you press ctrl+alt+del, the program fails. Upon unlocking the machine and looking at the instance of excel that was being controlled by COM, you see the msg box: "Not enough system resources to display completely" Whether application.Visible is set or ...

Auto filter disabled when sheet locked
Hi, all !! Hey, I could have sworn that I just recently saw this question posted on this group, but now that I need an answer, I can't find it (or its answer)!! I apologize for being repititious. My workbook has a sheet where I'm using the data auto filter. Since the sheet has formulas, I want to protect the sheet. However, when I do, the auto filter is no longer functional. Because I really want to protect the formulas on the sheet, and because the auto filter is a necessary part of my workbook, I need to know if a solution is available. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks! Jeff ...

Users locked out of their local Money file
Redmond, July 28, 2004, 15:45 PDT Here at the Money team we are sorry that we have caused this problem, and we are working as quickly as possible to fix this unfortunate situation. Let me take a moment to explain what the Money team is doing about this problem. First, let me assure you that none of your financial data has been lost, and none of your personal information has been compromised. In fact, the result of the situation has been that your information has been locked up more tightly. Here is what happened, and an analogy to help explain it. On Monday, one type of our servers was upda...

'04
I have a single deposit transaction that Money will not let me edit. I can edit the transaction above it and below it. The only thing that is more bizzar is the fact that it does not show up in some of the Reports and if it does it is shown as an unassigned transaction even though it is categorized. I tried repairing the Money datafile but it did not work. Any other ideas? I had orginially setup the transaction as a recurring deposit for my paycheck and I would have never noticed the transaction missing from the Report if it had not been my salary. It is also missing all my wi...

Outgoing Emails Blocked
When I attempt to send an email with an attachment (jpeg, .exe, etc) the email will not send through my smtp server. If I remove the attachment the email will go. I spent hours with my ISP and they say that is because of my firewall or automatic email scan. I have shut both off but to no avail. Advice please. ...

Blocked senders list in Outlook Express
My Father in Law uses Outlook Express. He has managed to put over 1,000 entries into his Block Senders list. Is there anyway to remove all these at one time or do you have to remove them one at a time? Thanks. I just looked at it and it looks like its a one at a time deal. Not fun! Thanks "Chad" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08aa01c3cfaf$5f1ae390$a501280a@phx.gbl... > My Father in Law uses Outlook Express. He has managed to > put over 1,000 entries into his Block Senders list. Is > there anyway to remove all these at one time or...

OPOS Driver not open or locked by another application
I am getting above error when I try to print receipts. I have TM-T88IV with usb connection. it was working fine until I installed new regular printer (full page!) with usb connection. Now I have uninstalled this new printer, restarted, deleted Opos printer and added it back... no luck, I get the above message. another funny thing is somemtimes, it takes few seconds as if its printing something, but doesn't show the above message or doesn't print the recceipt either.... HELP PLEASEEEEEE I have similar problems with my epson printer. I have a usb printer hooked up to the pc and ...

blocked outlook email
after sending an email with mult TIFF files, the outbox still contains the message 2 days later and am unable to delete the message and send new emails.When trying to delete, message states that transmission is in progress and cannot delete. Please advise You probably exceeded your ISP/host's max message size - TIFF files are huge, normally. What version of Outlook are you using? Alan wrote: > after sending an email with mult TIFF files, the outbox > still contains the message 2 days later and am unable to > delete the message and send new emails.When trying to > delete,...

How do I add a balloon message to a locked cell
I would like to add a balloon message to a locked cell to advise other users that the cell is retricted Data Validation>Input Message and check “Show input msg when cell is selected”. A balloon will show up at the cell or at the office assistant if it is active. Mike R. "kden01" wrote: > I would like to add a balloon message to a locked cell to advise other users > that the cell is retricted Insert Comment? Unprotect the sheet, add the Comment then re-protect. If using Version 2002 or 2003 you can prevent the user from selecting unlocked cells. When Protecting ...

Outlook blocked access to the following potentially unsafe attachments #4
Does any one know how to get around this error? I am trying to receive a business email that should not be potentially unsafe. The message could contain a file type that you're settings say to reject, possible answer, but there's always the possibility that it is indeed infected, it wouldn't have to be intentional. "Diana" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:289f101c46463$d63872a0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Does any one know how to get around this error? I am > trying to receive a business email that should not be > potentially ...

Locked outbox
I have had a crash whilst a very large message was being sent (24Meg) now Outlook locks up. i can not delete the message. If i try to open for the outbox i get the message " cant open this item MAPI spooler has already begun transmitting this message. I have also tried to move to the deleted folder, with no joy Do you know how i can delete this message? Create a new .pst file - make it the default. Then close and reopen Outlook, go to the outbox and delete the mail. It is always helpful to post your version of Outlook since there are different methods for doing this based on the v...

Outlook blocked access #2
Hi, I have installed an outlook 2002 , only problem i am facing with emails having attachement such as .exe etc.. it says message "Outllok blocked access to the following potentially unsafe attachments: (blocked attachments list)" can any one help in this issue... Thanx in advance Rgds, Amit Doshi d_ameet@hotmail.com Probably need to turn off the "Option to Use the Unsafe File List" If your using SP1...To turn off the Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus option: Start Outlook Express 6. On the Tools menu, click Opti...

Excel Macro --- personal.xls locked for editing
get the following message after generating a Macro FILE IN USE. PERSONAL.XLS IS LOCKED FOR EDITING EggHeadCafe.com - .NET Developer Portal of Choice http://www.eggheadcafe.com Do you have multiple instances of excel open? Or maybe this from Debra Dalgleish's site: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#ReadOnly Lenny wrote: > > get the following message after generating a Macro > > FILE IN USE. > > PERSONAL.XLS IS LOCKED FOR EDITING > > EggHeadCafe.com - .NET Developer Portal of Choice > http://www.eggheadcafe.com -- Dave Peterson ...

I get a file in use message telling me that the file is locked ?
This is a one user computer and the file is not being used. The box containing the error message says "FILE IN USE". If I reboot I can get into the file once only before having the same error message. I have tried saving the file under a different file name but that file acts the same. I have checked permisions and that is not the problem either .....HELP! ...

SOP order locked
I have an order that was entered in the SOP transaction entry window. The order was picked by our warehouse staff using RF scanners. They completed picking the order and now our invoicing staff is trying to invoice the order. When they type in the order number to invoice it they get a message: "document has been locked for fulfillment and can not be edited". The order is available to be viewed by going through the inquiry window, and when the order number is entered into the RF scanner it appears without any problems. The only time there is a problem is going back into th...

Locked For Editing #2
When I try to open an excel file, it gives an error message as "locked for editing by another user". I opened task manager and clicked processes tab. I chose end processes for all the exe files. I deleted the owner file using my computer. It still gives me that same damn message. Any help will be appreciated. Max Excel stores in Windows\Temp(win98) folder a copy(s) of any file that is open. Sometimes this *.tmp file is not deleted from the Temp folder when you close out Excel(maybe a crash of Excel?) or the file, so Excel thinks it is still open and locked for editing. You c...

locked publications
We have a problem which has only started in the past couple of months, with opening publications saved on a shared drive, on different machines. All machines are running Windows XP, Office 2000 and all patched the same. They don't use Norton is any shape or form. If I created a publication on machine 1, save it on the shared drive, machine 2 can't open it because it is supposedly in use (even though Publisher isn't even open on machine 1) However if I create a file on machine 2, and save it on the same shared drive, machine 1 can open it fine. If I then re-save the documen...

outlook blocked access to potentially unsafe item, archive .pst
Tried to open archive in outlook 2003 said file was enormous. "Egro" <Egro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F8BC04C1-B005-43CF-ABA5-9C171EA74B9F@microsoft.com... > Tried to open archive in outlook 2003 said file was enormous. As far as I can tell, there is no error message in Outlook 2003 that states a file "is enormous". You should zip a PST before sending or rename it to, say, ".psx" or ".ps_" before you send it. The recipient can undo the steps you took to send it. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

Outlook blocked access to the following potentially unsafe attachment blah.url
How do I lower security settings in order to receive all attachments?? What version of Outlook? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: Googy <googy55@pacbell.net> asked: | How do I lower security settings in order to receive all attachments?? Me to. I have Outlook XP and getting quit tired of not being able to get need attachments. I hope somebody has the answer. OL 2000 SP-3 Corproate/Workgroup with security update Thanks GG "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook...

Why are my recovered documents locked?
I have Word 2007 and when my work was recovered after shutting down without saving, i opened the recovered documents but they are all locked and I can't save them or edit them, it only lets me view them. Why is this and how do i unlock them!? Assuming this applies only to your documents that were open at the time and not to new ones you create - see http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm If it applies to all documents, it appears that your Office 2007 trial may have coincidentally expired. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>...