Outlook 2003 locks up while adding address to new mail message

I have Outlook 2003 installed with Business Contact
Manager and Word as my email editor.

Frequently, Outlook will lock up while I'm in the process
of creating a new message and adding my first address in
the To: field.

I suspect that it has something to do with the
AutoComplete feature as it appears to occur when the name
is not automatically recognized or displayed even though
it has been previously.

Has anyone else encountered this bug and/or found a
solution?  I have the latest Outlook SPs installed.
0
anonymous (74722)

Haven't seen it, but it is more likely a corrupted profile than a corrupted
autocompletion cache.
Have you tried creating a new profile?
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Scott King" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have Outlook 2003 installed with Business Contact
> Manager and Word as my email editor.
>
> Frequently, Outlook will lock up while I'm in the process
> of creating a new message and adding my first address in
> the To: field.
>
> I suspect that it has something to do with the
> AutoComplete feature as it appears to occur when the name
> is not automatically recognized or displayed even though
> it has been previously.
>
> Has anyone else encountered this bug and/or found a
> solution?  I have the latest Outlook SPs installed.

0
russval (3097)
8/17/2004 9:02:59 PM
What do you mean by "profile"?

Also, the Business Contact Manager appears to have
something to do with it since it often occurs after
adding a new Account and Business Contact.

0
anonymous (74722)
8/18/2004 7:39:15 PM
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;829918&Product=out2003

--
> What do you mean by "profile"?
>
> Also, the Business Contact Manager appears to have
> something to do with it since it often occurs after
> adding a new Account and Business Contact.

0
russval (3097)

Attaching Contacts to new email

New to excel

Outlook Sales

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

invalid email address

AD Sync problem

New Implementation

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook