Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

I get this message when I look in System information. Outlook keeps
crashing quite often. I cannot for example delete two messages without
outlook crashing. My colleagues do not have this problem. We are using
the Microsoft mail exhange server.

Faulting application outlook.exe, version 11.0.5510.0, stamp 3f1380f0,
faulting module mso.dll, version 11.0.5606.0, stamp 3f334cce, debug? 0,
fault address 0x003b6e16.

Does anyone has a solution?=20

Best regards/
Bj=F6rn

1) I would definitely apply Service Pack 2for Office 2003 + applicable
critical security updates.

2) Have you tried starting Outlook in safe mode to see if you can delete
those 2 items?  (Start > Run > outlook.exe /safe > OK button) If you don't
want to go this route, can you delete the two items via Outlook Web Access?

<bjorntornqvist@gmail.com> wrote in message
I get this message when I look in System information. Outlook keeps
crashing quite often. I cannot for example delete two messages without
outlook crashing. My colleagues do not have this problem. We are using
the Microsoft mail exhange server.

Faulting application outlook.exe, version 11.0.5510.0, stamp 3f1380f0,
faulting module mso.dll, version 11.0.5606.0, stamp 3f334cce, debug? 0,
fault address 0x003b6e16.

Does anyone has a solution?

Best regards/
Bj�rn

0
Neo (372)
10/20/2006 12:26:09 PM
Hi!

Thank you very much for your quick answer. When I ran it in safe mode.
I could delete with no problem. Strange. Is there a plugin or something
which can cause this thing. Regarding the service pack. I agree and I
will look in to that possibility. There is no central updating at all
here. The only programs that is being updated are the antivirus and
antispyware. Other than that nothing.

Now my problem is to understand what I can do to solve the problem with
outlook instead of having to run it in safe mode. Is that to update it
you think?

Thanks a lot/
Bj=F6rn

neo [mvp outlook] wrote:
> 1) I would definitely apply Service Pack 2for Office 2003 + applicable
> critical security updates.
>
> 2) Have you tried starting Outlook in safe mode to see if you can delete
> those 2 items?  (Start > Run > outlook.exe /safe > OK button) If you don't
> want to go this route, can you delete the two items via Outlook Web Acces=
s?

> <bjorntornqvist@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I get this message when I look in System information. Outlook keeps
> crashing quite often. I cannot for example delete two messages without
> outlook crashing. My colleagues do not have this problem. We are using
> the Microsoft mail exhange server.
>
> Faulting application outlook.exe, version 11.0.5510.0, stamp 3f1380f0,
> faulting module mso.dll, version 11.0.5606.0, stamp 3f334cce, debug? 0,
> fault address 0x003b6e16.
>=20
> Does anyone has a solution?
>=20
> Best regards/
> Bj=F6rn

By the way, when I start outlook a plugin is loading.
(msoutlook/exchange avast plugin) IN safe mode this does not appear in
startup.

bjorntornqvist@gmail.com <bjorntornqvist@gmail.com> wrote:

> By the way, when I start outlook a plugin is loading.
> (msoutlook/exchange avast plugin) IN safe mode this does not appear in
> startup.

Part of safe mode's function is to prevent add-ins from loading.  You appear
to have Avast antivirus integrated with Outlook.  DIsable that integration
and see if that help.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16051)

Max number of Rules in Outlook
Hi everyone: Just a simple question that may be a common curiosity: does anyone know what is the max number of rules I can set up in Outlook? I have reached about 70 rules and the I get the message that there is no further space on the server. Maybe it is just a matter of room and the number it is not a limitation? Thanks for answering. Cheers That's it indeed; you can only store up to 32KB of e-mail rules. Disabled rules don't count but you're properly better of combining some rules or see if they are still needed. -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the mo...

Lookup based on criteria in 2 columns

Outlook needs Outlook Express to work

Microsoft POS #2

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2