Outlook 2003 from SBS different from Office 2003?

I have an SBS2003 server installed and distributed the Outlook2003 that came
with it to my clients, while the other office applications still ran the
2000 version.

Last week, we installed the office 2003 suite and I disabled the
installation of Outlook 2003, since it was already installed. Next I
installed the Rights Management Server and the client.

All Office applications now have the Permissions icon, except Outlook. I
have looked through every single setting, but could not find how to enable
it.

This leads me to conclude that the SBS outlook 2003 version might be
different from the Office Outlook 2003. Does anyone have a similar problem
and/or solution ?

TIA,

Ingmar Guillaume

Your analysis is correct. Only the Office 2003 Pro Enterprise edition =
has WRM support. The standalone copy of Outlook 2003 that comes with SBS =
does not. If you remove the standalone Outlook and update the Office =
2003 installation to add Outlook 2003 you should be OK (assuming you got =
the right version of OFfice).

--=20
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of
     Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20

"Ingmar Guillaume" <i.guillaume@gmx.net> wrote in message =
>I have an SBS2003 server installed and distributed the Outlook2003 that =
came=20
> with it to my clients, while the other office applications still ran =
the=20
> 2000 version.
>=20
> Last week, we installed the office 2003 suite and I disabled the=20
> installation of Outlook 2003, since it was already installed. Next I=20
> installed the Rights Management Server and the client.
>=20
> All Office applications now have the Permissions icon, except Outlook. =
I=20
> have looked through every single setting, but could not find how to =
enable=20
> it.
>=20
> This leads me to conclude that the SBS outlook 2003 version might be=20
> different from the Office Outlook 2003. Does anyone have a similar =
problem=20
> and/or solution ?
>=20
>=20
> TIA,
>=20
> Ingmar Guillaume=20
>=20

0
suemvp (4038)
5/26/2005 12:28:35 PM
Thx Sue

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of

"Ingmar Guillaume" <i.guillaume@gmx.net> wrote in message
>I have an SBS2003 server installed and distributed the Outlook2003 that
>came
> with it to my clients, while the other office applications still ran the
> 2000 version.
>
> Last week, we installed the office 2003 suite and I disabled the
> installation of Outlook 2003, since it was already installed. Next I
> installed the Rights Management Server and the client.
>
> All Office applications now have the Permissions icon, except Outlook. I
> have looked through every single setting, but could not find how to enable
> it.
>
> This leads me to conclude that the SBS outlook 2003 version might be
> different from the Office Outlook 2003. Does anyone have a similar problem
> and/or solution ?
>

> TIA,
>
> Ingmar Guillaume

outlook.exe not terminating
I'm running Office XP with Outlook 2002 under Windows XP Pro, current as of today, except that I have reverted the IE update to the previous version of mshtml.dll that scrolls correctly (this has had no effect on the problem I am about to describe). I typically have a lot of applications running - no big deal as I have a 3.04 P4 with 1GB of memory. A problem that happens several times a day is that outlook.exe remains in the Task Manager process list after I shut Outlook down. In older versions, there used to be a message that said "Please wait while Outlook shuts down&qu...

Hello all, I have a rather simple to describe but difficult to solve problem. Our customers want to use our ANSI MFC program to show different languages. For example Polish. When I set the font for the different controls they behave different. For example the CEdit shows the polish characters just right but the CButton with checkbox style shows glyphs instead of the special characters. Every control that is owner draw and uses for example the DrawText() function of the device context shows the characters right. I've experimented with _UNICODE for the display part and everything I could ...

Outlook needs Outlook Express to work

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Password Issue with MS Money 2003

Rollup 2 and Office 2007

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

upgrade from mac office to pc?

Standalone install of Office 98 Upgrade?

Crash on 'Send"

Tell the difference between upper and lower case
I have a column that has letters in it and I am using =COUNTIF(D13:D27,"M") in one cell and =COUNTIF(D13:D27,"m") in another. to keep track of what letters are put in the "D" column. But the both count the upper AND lowercase letters. Is there any way to mak excel tell the difference between upper and lowercase letters? Thanks Ro -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com RogerDaShrubber wrote... ... >=COUNTIF(D13:D27,"M") in one cell > >and > >=COUNTIF(D13:D27,"m") in another. > >to keep track of what lette...

Addressing within Exchange 2003

Time differances
1 have 4 boxes start time end time lunch hours worked 09:00 17:00 1.00 7:00 09:00 17:00 0.30 7:70 (should be 7:50) (B3-A3)*24-C3 How do I make it 9.5 hours by changing forumla Thanks Trever, =(B3-A3)*24-C3*24 Format for General, Number, or anything except Date/Time. Format - Cells - Number. You'll get 7.5. If you got 7:50, as you requested, it would look like hours and minutes. -- Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com "Trever B" <TreverB@discussions.microsoft.c...

Reminders in Outlook

Outlook default to paragraph

Outlook 2003

Percentage difference
Hi guys, Not exactly great at formulas, so any help would be appreciated. Excel 2207 In cell k2 and below are buying prices. In cell j2 and below are selling prices. I just need to know the 'mark-up' percentage. Also, would be a great advantage for the formula to work the other way around....showing 'loss' as well !!!!!!!!!!!! Have tried: =2*ABS(J2-K2) / (J2 + K2) and =(J2-K2)/J2 and several other variations, but to no avail. Not sure whether I am needing 'relative' or 'absolute' either!! Thanks in advance Bob Hi Bob, Am Sun, 30 Oct 2011 1...

cant start outlook pst file to large