Outlook 2003 "Favorite Folders" #2

In the upper left corner of Outlook 2003 there is a "Favorite Folder" box
whitch contains folders.

How does one edit these folders (remove.)

Thanks...Keith

0
keith102 (4)

Right click and remove, it is under the search folders.  If you do not want
any just choose folder list insetead of mail

"Keith" <keith@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> In the upper left corner of Outlook 2003 there is a "Favorite Folder" box
> whitch contains folders.
>
> How does one edit these folders (remove.)
>
> Thanks...Keith

0
JonathanT (55)

Favorite Folders reverts to default list when computer shut-down
I have no problem adding, deleting or moving folders in the Favorite Folders pane. The problem is that they all disappear and revert to the default list everytime my computer is shut down. So I have to keep adding the folders back in Is there a way to keep the shortcut folders in the Favorite Folders pane? ...

Outlook 2003: Favorite Folders not saved after quitting
Hi I use OL2003 with an exchange server (Small Business Server). Each time I add folders to the 'Favorite Folders' section, they disappear after quitting OL. Does anybody know what I have to configure to save them? I activated the 'Cached Exchange Mode' in the MS-Exchange Server Settings. TIA go to C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook and delete the *.xml file and any *.FAV which might be present. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Gui...

Email from MSN or Hotmail Does Not Appear in Favorite Folders\Inbox (OL 2003)
Hi MSN Email Users I need help on reconfiguring my Outlook navigation page. I have subscribed email accounts to Hot Mail and MSN. Until a recent system crash the incoming messages would appear in the Inbox in Favorite Folders. After restoring the system The email accounts for HM & MSN appear with all relevant sub folders in the Navigation Pane the individual inboxes work OK No incoming email appears in the Inbox in Favorite Folders, which seems to have become useless. I have verified the outlook 2003 Installation and it is reported OK I had been thinking of upgrading to outlook 2007 w...

How do I add the Unread folder in Outlook Inbox Favorite Folders?
I have permanently deleted the Unread folder in Outlook. It is located directly under the Inbox folder and lets me know how many unread messages I have. It is also italicized. I really like that function and would like to know how can I get it back? maknfaces <maknfaces@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have permanently deleted the Unread folder in Outlook. It is located > directly under the Inbox folder and lets me know how many unread > messages I have. It is also italicized. I really like that function > and would like to know how can I get it back? Right-click ...

Favorite Folders #2
I just upgraded to Office 2003. The first thing I did was try to get more space on my screen by eliminating stuff I don't use. I see no reason for Outlook's Favorite folders, so I went to help: Help showed I can do: Empty the Favorite Folders pane to save space Help Assistance > Outlook 2003 > Startup and Settings > Installing and Customizing > Navigation Pane Show AllShow All Hide AllHide All Applies to Microsoft Office Outlook� 2003 To minimize the amount of space that the Favorite Folders pane occupies � you can't remove it completely from the Navigation Pane...

Enhance the Favorite Folders
Favorite Folders are useful to a point. Something that I think would improve their usefullness would be that if you double clicked on the favorite folder the active location in the mail folders would go to that folder. I have a huge number of folders probably around 300 or more and it would save a great deal of clicking to be able to shortcut to the folder and then quickly navigate to the folders local to it. Thanks, Nigel ...

How do you keep favorite folders list in outlook
I have set up a folders list in outlook 2003 under mail favorite folders. Each time I re open outlook the folder list has gone and i have to start again. How do you keep list once you have created it. Alex G ...

Outlook 2003 "Favorite Folders"
I have recently converted from Office XP to Office 2003 and have been dealing with functions that have been removed. In addition I am currently trying to remove (or at least hide) unwanted functions. Does anyone know how to remove the "Favorite Folders" item within the "Navigation Pane" in Outlook 2003. It takes up space and is not useful for me or my team. Thanks, Jim Michalek it can't be removed - you can switch to Folder list if you don't want to see it. You should try it though - especially if you have many folders. It really makes it easy to switc...

Favorite Folders #3
I am using Outlook 2003. I don't need this function, but it lists my Inbox & Sent Items folders right above my All Mail Folders. How do I remove Favorite Folders from being viewed? Thanks Rick <Rick@nospam.com> wrote: > I am using Outlook 2003. > I don't need this function, but it lists my Inbox & Sent Items > folders right above my All Mail Folders. > How do I remove Favorite Folders from being viewed? You can't remove it completely, but you can remove the folders in the Favorites section. RIght-click and choose "Remove from Favorites Folder...

Remove "in Public Folders" from entries in Favorite Folders????
Under Favorite Folders, all the favorites that point to public folders have "in Public Folders" appended to the Favorites name. This means I have to make the column artificially wide in order ot see the number of unread messages in those folders. Is there way to display Favorites so that the phrase "in Public Folders" does not appear as part of the folder name? Thanks. Jace ...

Outlook favorite folders keep disappearing!
Hi, As per subject line - my Outlook Favorite folders keep disappearing! I keep replacing them with the shortcuts back to the original folders, but every now and again (read: perhaps a few times per day) they disappear and I'm just left with the Unread Mail folder.... Any ideas? Lee I have just the opposite problem. I have all of my Favorite Folders EXCEPT my Unread E-Mail Folder disappeared yesterday so now I'm missing e-mails right and left. Any ideas how I can recover it? "Lee Sainsbury" wrote: > Hi, > > As per subject line - my Outlook Favorite fold...

Re: How to add public folders in favorite folders
We have an issue where our users (2000+) are screaming for an easy wa och finding the Public Folders folder in Outlook 2003. They are used to the easy way in Outlook 2000 folder list. Is there a way och adding the TOP folder (Public Folders) or maybe th subfolder (All public folders) to the Favorite Folders pane? We know about adding the subsequent folders to Shortcuts and the addin the shortcut to Favotite Folders, but is there a registry hack to mak this possible? We need to deploy this on 2000+ computers. Sincerely Mikael Sk�ld Systems Administrator Exchange Lantm�teriet - National La...

Outlook 2003 Favorite Folders
Hi Is there anyway to remove the Favorite Folders pane from the navigation pane in Outlook 2003? Thanks Mani Not in mail view. However, you can switch to Folder List view by clicking the Folder list button and you won't see Favorite Folders there. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP www.cardozasolutions.com Author, Special Edition Using Microsoft Outlook 2003 ***Please post all replies to the newsgroups*** "M." <kohlim@bsci.com> wrote in message news:e43801c3f018$643e6d40$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Hi > > Is there anyway to remove the Favorite Folders pane from >...

Why is my favorite folders pane gone? How do I get it back?
They say you can't do this. In the little buttons on the bottom, click on the envelope that corresponds to "Mail." That will get the view back that has the favorite folders and all mail folder in it. Click on the little folder to go to regular folder view. Cappy "zfolwick" <zfolwick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:14EB8D60-5483-4978-80C4-38A6DD598E91@microsoft.com... > They say you can't do this. Geez. . . so. . . it's a problem with the ID 10 T working the keyboard that's taking the short bus. Thanks, man. "Cappy&q...

My folders in the Favorite Folders keep disappearing
I keep setting up my favorite folder and then when I exit outlook (2003) and restart, all my folders are gone and I only have inbox and sent. How do I get these to "stick"? Restart Outlook using the /resetnavpane switch http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/switches.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook...

Favorite Folders Disappearing
Having a little issue with my Favorite folders. Ever now and then, I'll have to recreate my favorite folder list. The standard; Inbox, Unread Mail and Sent Items folders will remain, but any that I choose as my favorites will disappear. I'll have to go back and rechoose my favorite folders. Would anyone know why this would occur? Try resetting the foldernames. http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/commandlines.htm Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook Trainer and Consultant read my articles here: www.judygleeson.com Canberra, Australia how to post questions: http://support.microsoft.com/...

Outlook 2003 will not save favorite folders, I've tried all I can think of
Okay here's the problem. Windows XP machine with Outlook 2003. Favorite folders section will not retain folders that I place there. I've tried creating a new profile. I've tried resetting the nav panel with the switch (outlook /resetnavpanel). I've tried deleting the XML files at C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook. It always does the same thing. Loses them after restarting outlook. What other options do I have? they are not saved until outlook closes cleanly - so see if it's still in task manager after closing. If so, you need to f...

Outlook 2003: Mail "Favorite Folders" changes lost after quitting / restarting
I'm using Office Outlook 2003 on Win XP. Can somebody please help me fix this problem? A few days back I realized I could customize the Favorite Folders area on the Mail navigation pane. So I removed a couple folders and added a couple, it life was good for a few days -- Outlook remembered my changes from session to session. Starting yesterday, however, Outlook forgot my changes and has reverted back to its original list of Favorite Folders. Also now, when I add / delete Favorite Folders, it remembers them only until I quit Outlook. When I restart it after quitting, the Fav...

favorite folders #10
OL 2003, Windows XP home, SP3 Some of my Favorite Folders disappeared so I right clicked on them in All Mail Folders. However, when I close and then reopen Outlook the new folders are not in the Favorite Folders area. I noticed that it was suggested to use Start/Run: OUTLOOK.EXE / resetnavpane for this problem, so I tried this twice and all I got was two more lists of Personal Folders under All Mail Folders. How can I get the Favorite Folders to remain and can I delete the two new Personal Folders, or will that delete all my personal folders? Thank you. Caryl Are these two Personal Fold...

Outlook 2003
I'm assuming by "navigation pane" you mean the Outlook Bar? If so right-click on the unwanted item, and choose "remove from Outlook Bar" ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com That doesn't work. Right clicking "Favorites Folder" does not give any options I would also like to know how to get rid of it. You can't remove it from the Navigation Pane. Use a different view if you don't want to see it, like Folder List. ...

Favorite Folders #5
Hi there, I drag the search folder 'unread mail' into my favorite folders and the when I restart Outlook it isn't there. I have to drag it there everytime. Is there a way to keep it in Favorites? TIA, Josh ...

Favorite Folders don't stay
I have been using Outlook for a while now and typically there are really no problems I have not been able to solve on my own ... but now I have one problem that is rather annoying. I want to have the "Unread Mail" folder in my Favorites. By default when I re-installed Outlook it was not in there so I went to "Search Folders" and right clicked on "Unread Mail" and selected "add to Favorites Folders". Great it's in there and I go about my day. After closing Outlook and reopening it the "Unread Mail" folder is no longer in my Favorit...

OL2k3 Automatically Adding Public Folders to 'Favorite Folders' list in Mail
Hi Is there any way of automatically adding public folders to the Favourite Folders list at the top of the Mail Pane in Outlook 2003? Any logon script or similar would be much appreciated. Thanks B ...

Remove Favorite Folders in Outlook?
Is there a way to remove the Favorite Folders section in Outlook 2003? On Sun, 1 May 2005 21:36:43 -0700, "Al Franz" <albert@nospam.netmation.com> wrote: >Is there a way to remove the Favorite Folders section in Outlook 2003? > Nope. -- <<<SgtRich>>> Email: Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 SP1 News (Text): Fort� Agent 2.0 News (Binaries): News Rover 10.2.2 ...

Unread Count in Favorite Folders
I have shortcut showed in the Favorite Folders on the top right hand of Outlook for all IMAP accounts. After upgrading to Outlook 2007 (from OL2003), I followed the recommendation from Outlook 2007 to re-create these accounts so that search folders worked properly. When there were new messages in the IMAP accounts, I heard new mail sound without showing number of unread items in the Favorite Folders. I went to open individual IMAP account folder under the Mail Folders. It showed unread count until the particular IMAP account folder was opened. The "number of unread items"...