Outlook 2003 failed to start correctly last time

When I first boot, Outlook starts. If I close it and want
to restart it, nothing happens. You have to re-boot and
then you get the 'Outlook failed to start correctly last
time' message. Starting Outlook in safe mode does not help
as no disabled items are listed. I have upgraded,
reinstalled, swore, searched and now am am asking. I have
also wiped the hard drive and installed XP Pro from
scratch and still have the same problem.

I have the problem on a new notebook with XP Home.

The machines are both Intel 2.88mgz notebook XP Home and
3.06mgz XP Pro. On the same machines I have Norton anti-
virus 2004, winfax pro 10.02, Acrobat 6.01.

Any help would be appreciated

0
anonymous (74722)

Try uninstalling WinFax10.  (it doesn't allow Outlook to shutdown properly)

--
Neo [MVP Outlook]
Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted

"George Vaselakos" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I first boot, Outlook starts. If I close it and want
> to restart it, nothing happens. You have to re-boot and
> then you get the 'Outlook failed to start correctly last
> time' message. Starting Outlook in safe mode does not help
> as no disabled items are listed. I have upgraded,
> reinstalled, swore, searched and now am am asking. I have
> also wiped the hard drive and installed XP Pro from
> scratch and still have the same problem.
>
> I have the problem on a new notebook with XP Home.
>
> The machines are both Intel 2.88mgz notebook XP Home and
> 3.06mgz XP Pro. On the same machines I have Norton anti-
> virus 2004, winfax pro 10.02, Acrobat 6.01.
>
> Any help would be appreciated

I also have that same problem, plus a few others, outlook will not close
properly,  will not read my address book, Word will not print to my Winfax
10.02 and who knows what else, had to uninstall office 2003 and back to
2000, now, the funny thing is that office 2k3 works fine on my laptop, and
winfax is also installed there
"neo [mvp outlook]" <neo_removethis@mvps.org> wrote in message
> Try uninstalling WinFax10.  (it doesn't allow Outlook to shutdown
properly)

> --
> Neo [MVP Outlook]
> Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted
> w/out reading.
>

> "George Vaselakos" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When I first boot, Outlook starts. If I close it and want
> > to restart it, nothing happens. You have to re-boot and
> > then you get the 'Outlook failed to start correctly last
> > time' message. Starting Outlook in safe mode does not help
> > as no disabled items are listed. I have upgraded,
> > reinstalled, swore, searched and now am am asking. I have
> > also wiped the hard drive and installed XP Pro from
> > scratch and still have the same problem.
> >
> > I have the problem on a new notebook with XP Home.
> >
> > The machines are both Intel 2.88mgz notebook XP Home and
> > 3.06mgz XP Pro. On the same machines I have Norton anti-
> > virus 2004, winfax pro 10.02, Acrobat 6.01.
> >
> > Any help would be appreciated

0
TitoRuiz (3)
11/29/2003 9:31:04 PM
You are right, it is winfax 10.02. I had to manually
uninstall it and that is what cuases the hang-up.

I really am fed -up with Symantrec and the games that they
have played other the years with their buggy software.
They do not make any attempt to post a fix to this problem
even though I now know they have known for months.

My next question is for suggetions for a fax program
replacement!

Thanks...George

wrote in message
>> When I first boot, Outlook starts. If I close it and
want
>> to restart it, nothing happens. You have to re-boot and
>> then you get the 'Outlook failed to start correctly last
>> time' message. Starting Outlook in safe mode does not
help
>> as no disabled items are listed. I have upgraded,
>> reinstalled, swore, searched and now am am asking. I
have
>> also wiped the hard drive and installed XP Pro from
>> scratch and still have the same problem.
>>
>> I have the problem on a new notebook with XP Home.
>>
>> The machines are both Intel 2.88mgz notebook XP Home and
>> 3.06mgz XP Pro. On the same machines I have Norton anti-
>> virus 2004, winfax pro 10.02, Acrobat 6.01.
>>
>> Any help would be appreciated
>>

>.

0
anonymous (74722)
11/30/2003 2:49:00 AM
All current versions of Windows come with Fax software with which Outlook
can integrate.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
> You are right, it is winfax 10.02. I had to manually
> uninstall it and that is what cuases the hang-up.
>
> I really am fed -up with Symantrec and the games that they
> have played other the years with their buggy software.
> They do not make any attempt to post a fix to this problem
> even though I now know they have known for months.
>
> My next question is for suggetions for a fax program
> replacement!
>
> Thanks...George

0
russval (3097)
11/30/2003 2:58:40 AM
hey russ, can winfax be installed w/out outlook integration?
--

> All current versions of Windows come with Fax software with which Outlook
> can integrate.
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > You are right, it is winfax 10.02. I had to manually
> > uninstall it and that is what cuases the hang-up.
> >
> > I really am fed -up with Symantrec and the games that they
> > have played other the years with their buggy software.
> > They do not make any attempt to post a fix to this problem
> > even though I now know they have known for months.
> >
> > My next question is for suggetions for a fax program
> > replacement!
> >
> > Thanks...George

Windows 2000 can. Windows XP cannot--it defaults to using the Outlook
Address Book whenever Outlook is detected. Otherwise it uses the WAB.
However the Fax transport is not added to the Outlook profile unless the
user does so intentionally.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
> hey russ, can winfax be installed w/out outlook integration?
> --
> Neo [MVP Outlook]
> Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted
> w/out reading.
>

> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@mvps.org> wrote in message
> > All current versions of Windows come with Fax software with which
Outlook
> > can integrate.
> > --
> > Russ Valentine
> > [MVP-Outlook]
> > <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > You are right, it is winfax 10.02. I had to manually
> > > uninstall it and that is what cuases the hang-up.
> > >
> > > I really am fed -up with Symantrec and the games that they
> > > have played other the years with their buggy software.
> > > They do not make any attempt to post a fix to this problem
> > > even though I now know they have known for months.
> > >
> > > My next question is for suggetions for a fax program
> > > replacement!
> > >
> > > Thanks...George

0
russval (3097)
11/30/2003 4:38:04 PM
Not Russ but yes :)

If you do that you can't use any of your Outlook address books in
WinFax though.

--
Ken Slovak
[MVP - Outlook]
Author: Absolute Beginners Guide to Microsoft Office Outlook 2003
http://www.slovaktech.com/products.htm

"neo [mvp outlook]" <neo_removethis@mvps.org> wrote in message
> hey russ, can winfax be installed w/out outlook integration?
> --
> Neo [MVP Outlook]
> Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be
deleted
> w/out reading.

0
kenslovak (742)

OWA 2003 prompting to install office?
Hello, We have a single server environment: Windows 2003, Exchange 2003, OWA 2003. Some users are having problems using OWA. When trying to compose a new message, or forward a received message, they are prompted to install some missing feature of Outlook 2000 (DATA1.MSI).. Any idea what is causing this?! Thanks, Troy Hi Troy, Take a look at.. http://hellomate.typepad.com/exchange/2003/12/i_hope_youve_ ha.html "Have you wondered why, when you first use OWA 2000 and 2003, and click the New Message icon to create a new message, the Office Installer is fired-up and you're p...

Outlook Sales

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

outlook will not save my outgoing mail

Need Help, Task Start Date is wrong

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook