Outlook 2003 crash while opening "other contacts"

Hi!

We have Outlook 2003 SP2 (cached mode) with Exchange 2003 SP2 in our
environment. Since a few months myself and some other users are
experiencing the problem, that Outlook is sometimes crashing, when we
click on any contact in "other contacts" (some public folders that are
added to favourites).

The applications log says

Faulting application outlook.exe, version 11.0.8010.0, stamp 43d16d53,
faulting module emsmdb32.dll, version 11.0.8000.0, stamp 43599ef9,
debug? 0, fault address 0x00091956.

The fault address is always the same.

I cant exactly say since when the problems occurs but i could be the
Update to Outlook SP2 and/or the Installation of a new CTI-Client in
our Company (caesar Computer Telephony Integration).

I personally suspect the CTI-Client because it is strongly interacting
with Outlook (also adds a extension to the Outlook menue) but its
difficult to test it because the error is not easy to reproduce.

If someone knows something about this error maybe it can help us to
Track down the source of the Crash. May it be the CTI or something
else.

Thans in advance.

Regards

J�rgen Winter

In news:247ed2tpbjplv8l7r6a8qkj4pc65n1gisq@4ax.com,
J�rgen Winter <justpostit@austria.at> typed:
> Hi!
>
> We have Outlook 2003 SP2 (cached mode) with Exchange 2003 SP2 in our
> environment. Since a few months myself and some other users are
> experiencing the problem, that Outlook is sometimes crashing, when we
> click on any contact in "other contacts" (some public folders that are
> added to favourites).
>
> The applications log says
>
> Faulting application outlook.exe, version 11.0.8010.0, stamp 43d16d53,
> faulting module emsmdb32.dll, version 11.0.8000.0, stamp 43599ef9,
> debug? 0, fault address 0x00091956.
>
> The fault address is always the same.
>
> I cant exactly say since when the problems occurs but i could be the
> Update to Outlook SP2 and/or the Installation of a new CTI-Client in
> our Company (caesar Computer Telephony Integration).
>
> I personally suspect the CTI-Client because it is strongly interacting
> with Outlook (also adds a extension to the Outlook menue) but its
> difficult to test it because the error is not easy to reproduce.
>
> If someone knows something about this error maybe it can help us to
> Track down the source of the Crash. May it be the CTI or something
> else.
>
> Thans in advance.
>
> Regards
>
> J�rgen Winter

Try starting Outlook once from the Start | Run line (browse to the full path
of outlook.exe) and append a space and /safe after the last double quote, to
load Outlook in safe mode with no addins. Then try. If that works, it's an
addin - you could try disabling each of the third party ones you may have
one at a time, to see which one is the culprit.

0
lanwench (7567)
8/7/2006 1:49:28 PM
On Mon, 7 Aug 2006 09:49:28 -0400, "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
<lanwench@heybuddy.donotsendme.unsolicitedmail.atyahoo.com> wrote:

>In news:247ed2tpbjplv8l7r6a8qkj4pc65n1gisq@4ax.com,
>J�rgen Winter <justpostit@austria.at> typed:
>> Hi!
>>
>> We have Outlook 2003 SP2 (cached mode) with Exchange 2003 SP2 in our
>> environment. Since a few months myself and some other users are
>> experiencing the problem, that Outlook is sometimes crashing, when we
>> click on any contact in "other contacts" (some public folders that are
>> added to favourites).
>>
>> The applications log says
>>
>> Faulting application outlook.exe, version 11.0.8010.0, stamp 43d16d53,
>> faulting module emsmdb32.dll, version 11.0.8000.0, stamp 43599ef9,
>> debug? 0, fault address 0x00091956.
>>
>> The fault address is always the same.
>>
>> I cant exactly say since when the problems occurs but i could be the
>> Update to Outlook SP2 and/or the Installation of a new CTI-Client in
>> our Company (caesar Computer Telephony Integration).
>>
>> I personally suspect the CTI-Client because it is strongly interacting
>> with Outlook (also adds a extension to the Outlook menue) but its
>> difficult to test it because the error is not easy to reproduce.
>>
>> If someone knows something about this error maybe it can help us to
>> Track down the source of the Crash. May it be the CTI or something
>> else.
>>
>> Thans in advance.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> J�rgen Winter
>
>Try starting Outlook once from the Start | Run line (browse to the full path
>of outlook.exe) and append a space and /safe after the last double quote, to
>load Outlook in safe mode with no addins. Then try. If that works, it's an
>addin - you could try disabling each of the third party ones you may have
>one at a time, to see which one is the culprit.

I have reproduced the error in Safe-Mode and without starting the
CTI-Applikation. Its still the same error with exactly the same stamp
and fault address. What else can i do?

In news:gemld2ljjrq8hr51ir7uu4fcm2beq9392t@4ax.com,
J�rgen Winter <justpostit@austria.at> typed:

<snip>

>>> I personally suspect the CTI-Client because it is strongly
>>> interacting with Outlook (also adds a extension to the Outlook
>>> menue) but its difficult to test it because the error is not easy
>>> to reproduce.
>>>
>>> If someone knows something about this error maybe it can help us to
>>> Track down the source of the Crash. May it be the CTI or something
>>> else.
>>>
>>> Thans in advance.
>>>
>>> Regards
>>>
>>> J�rgen Winter
>>
>> Try starting Outlook once from the Start | Run line (browse to the
>> full path of outlook.exe) and append a space and /safe after the
>> last double quote, to load Outlook in safe mode with no addins. Then
>> try. If that works, it's an addin - you could try disabling each of
>> the third party ones you may have one at a time, to see which one is
>> the culprit.
>>

> I have reproduced the error in Safe-Mode and without starting the
> CTI-Applikation. Its still the same error with exactly the same stamp
> and fault address. What else can i do?

Uninstall the CTI client and try to reproduce the error.

0
lanwench (7567)

send email to multiple contacts, but not display other contacts in to field
Hi I would like to send some emails to multiple contacts, but would like to have the to field only showing the 1 contact, not all the others. could anybody tell me how to do this. Do not want to use bcc,as would like them to see there own contact. Thanks Tim Use a mail merge.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx =20 "tim" <adsl...

Other Contacts
I have access to the contacts of a colleague but I don't have access to her Mailbox. I'm trying to send en e-mail to people in my contacts and in her's. But when I click on To I only have access to my contacts and not her's. What can I do to have access to her contacts without copying her contacts in my contact list? Jenny wrote: > I have access to the contacts of a colleague but I don't have access > to her Mailbox. I'm trying to send en e-mail to people in my > contacts and in her's. But when I click on To I only have access to > my contacts ...

After XP sp2 upgrade, Outlook 2003 crashes every time a Contact is saved or links to other contacts added to it
The subject line says it all. On my Toshiba Tablet PC, "After XP sp2 upgrade, Outlook 2003 crashes every time a Contact is saved or links to other contacts added to it" (via the Contact's "Contacts..." link button). The error signature is always the same: AppName: outlook.exe AppVer: 11.0.6353.0 AppStamp:408f2937 ModName: mso.dll ModVer: 11.0.6360.0 ModStamp:40d147de fDebug: 0 Offset: 0001f0e3d And I always send a report to Microsoft (about 115K each), but there is no response giving a fix as there sometimes is. With www.Microsoft.com -> Windows Update, I ha...

See Quotes for which a contact is in the Other Contacts list
This used to be possible in 1.2 but for some reason was taken away in version 3.0. The Quotes entity has a "Other Contacts" that allows users to specify the contact within an Organisation (Account) that the Quote was send to. The problem is that when you look at the Contact record and you navigate to the Quotes, the quotes are not shown. Only quotes where the Contact is selected as the Customer are shown. WHY TAKE THIS FUNCTIONALITY AWAY???!!!! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for ...

Opportunities and other contacts: e-mail
Does anybody know how I can e-mail all (other) contacts on an opportunity? So far, itis only the Account that is in the TO (I am using the Outlook interface). Thanks, Jo ...

email to mutiple contacts not showing other contacts
Hi I would like to do a email to multiple clients, while only showing in the inbox their name, not all the others. I assume there is a way of doing this, but can not find it. I do not want to use bcc or it may turn up as junk mail. thanks tim On Wed, 01 Jun 2005 11:56:45 -1000, Tim <adslk4at@tpg.com.au> wrote: > Hi I would like to do a email to multiple clients, while only > showing > in the inbox their name, not all the others. I assume there is a way of > doing this, but can not find it. I do not want to use bcc or it may turn > up > as junk mai...

Outlook 2003 crash while opening "other contacts"
Hi! We have Outlook 2003 SP2 (cached mode) with Exchange 2003 SP2 in our environment. Since a few months myself and some other users are experiencing the problem, that Outlook is sometimes crashing, when we click on any contact in "other contacts" (some public folders that are added to favourites). The applications log says Faulting application outlook.exe, version 11.0.8010.0, stamp 43d16d53, faulting module emsmdb32.dll, version 11.0.8000.0, stamp 43599ef9, debug? 0, fault address 0x00091956. The fault address is always the same. I cant exactly say since when the problems occu...

Accessing folder 'Other Contacts'
I am programming in VBA Several users are using Outlook in a network environment. Each of them hat its own 'Contacts'. They have shared their addresslists so that I can lookup en change the contacts fields from my workstation. I would like to access these Contactlists by using VBA. Therefor, i found via the help function some code and tried to open the contact of a user called 'DE DAUW' and whose contacts I can see in the 'Other Contacts'. Impossible to get into the 'DE DAUW' addresslist. Who can help me ? Dim MyApp As Outlook.Applicat...

Opportunity Relationship/Other Contacts
In CRM 1.2 there was the option to view "other contacts" under the Opportunity View. We customized this view in order to export that list of all contacts associated to that Opportunity in order to create our mailing list for those associated to that project (we could not use the mail merge function as it would not allow us to merge certain fields). I notice this is not an option under the "Relationship" field within the Opportunity in CRM 3.0. Is it possible to customize the view for Relationships to show other than just the role? ...

OL2003: Quirky function of contacts under "Other Contacts"
I am getting a strange error to which I have found temporary work-aroun solutions but don't have any idea how to really resolve the problem. Problem: After establishing an email account with "Download Public Folde Favorites" Checked, I "Add to Favorites" a Public Folder Contact List. I click the "Contacts" shortcut and after clicking the contact lis under "Other Contacts", I receive an error message "Operation Failed immediately. Clicking on the OK button results in normal operation an the contact list is completely functional. Work-Around: ...

Outlook 2003 SP2 crashes sometimes while opening "other contacts"