Outlook 2003: Copy Full Names to email display Names

I recently upgraded to Outlook 2003 from 2000.
I believe 2000 used to choose email addresses based on the Full Name
field.
2003 appears to choose based on the Email Display name.

Most of my email Display Names are just the email addresses.
What is the easiest way to copy the Full Name to the email Display
Name?

What do you mean by "choose email addresses?" The Display Name has varied
with each version of Outlook, but it is of no consequence. What makes you
think it is?
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"orbojeff" <jeff.callahan@orbograph.com> wrote in message
>I recently upgraded to Outlook 2003 from 2000.
> I believe 2000 used to choose email addresses based on the Full Name
> field.
> 2003 appears to choose based on the Email Display name.
>
> Most of my email Display Names are just the email addresses.
> What is the easiest way to copy the Full Name to the email Display
> Name?

0
russval1 (2100)
10/10/2005 8:11:02 PM
>From what I can tell the address AutoFill in Outlook 2003 is based on
the email Display Name.
In 2000 I believe it was based on the "Full Name"

Therefore I want to copy all of the Full Names to the Display Field
I exported my contacts to excel and did it that way.
However when  I imported them Outlook did not like the space between
the first and last name.
Any ideas what format it needs to be in to accept the space?