Outlook 2003 continuously loses connection to Exchange server

This problem began when I changed to Outlook 2003.  The
icon in my sys tray intermittently shows a bang with the
hover text error message "Connection to your exchange
server has been lost".  This gets so annoying when trying
to read mail and I can't access it for 15-20 seconds.
This is on a corporate network and my IM has been useless
in debugging this.

I never had this problem until I installed Outlook 2003.

Any ideas?
0
anonymous (74722)

Do you have Outlook setup to use cached mode?

0
anonymous (74722)
5/24/2004 2:52:02 PM
No I don't.  I did change my settings from "Automatically
detect connection state" to "Manually control connection
state"/"Connect with the network"; I'll see if that makes
a difference.

0
anonymous (74722)
5/24/2004 3:44:07 PM
I noticed that Outlook (2003) had a rough time with my
connection state after I turned cached mode off.  I turned
it back on and haven't seen that since.  Now it
just "hangs" at the worst possible times.  I also have it
setup to "manually control the connection state/prompt me".

0
anonymous (74722)
5/24/2004 4:24:45 PM
When I turned on cache mode, the "Unread Email" folder
disappears.  It would be so nice if Microsoft would test
their products instead of making the end user the tester.
Hmpf!

0
anonymous (74722)

CRM address book in Outlook

Voice connector on Exchange server 2007.

Outlook Sales

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

Reporting from Project Server

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

Reading SQL Server Extended Properties